Levi's Vintage Clothing

yep - normal soak.

should I fold the jeans when they go into the bucket or water or just ball them all in there?

I've soaked only once in a bucket. Just let them slide into (hard to describe) the water and move them from time to time. Tbh, just do it, you couldn't do anything important wrong imo.

i've just gotten my 44 from cultizm.

so i've heard we need to soak it first and allow it to shrink.

Whats the process of it? Soak for how long in what water temperature and do i wear it while it is still damp and allow it to dry or something else? I've seen many people do different techniques but i dont know which one is correct. please help.

i've just gotten my 44 from cultizm.

so i've heard we need to soak it first and allow it to shrink.

Whats the process of it? Soak for how long in what water temperature and do i wear it while it is still damp and allow it to dry or something else? I've seen many people do different techniques but i dont know which one is correct. please help.

I've done it both ways and if you really want great fades WAIT I try to wait 6 months before they hit water thats if you want killer whiskers and some combs. Then wait as long as you can between soaks. Thats my advice.

Guest Selvage Seb.
hey seb those 201s look great.. did you size them true or up or down? i want to get down with 201s but it seems big.. even compared to me 33s/44s etc..

I normally wear a 30 waist, but had to go with a 32 and even those were tight the first week. Stretched out a fair size and they're very comfortable now! Pretty big and roomy at the hips, but the fit at the knees and ankles is perfect, not too tight, not too loose

The denim used for the 201xx is pretty hairy, love it

*check the fit pics a few pages back

hey seb those 201s look great.. did you size them true or up or down? i want to get down with 201s but it seems big.. even compared to me 33s/44s etc..

Those old 37 201s were much trimer than say the 33s. In fact the waist is one size smaller than say the 33s so I usually wear a 38 waist in most LVCs and those I had a 40 and after shrinkage both of the 37 201s were 40 waist were smaller than my 33s, 44s, 1886s, 20 201s, 1915s, 1927s, 1917s, 55s. and were about the same size as my 47s all waist 38. So i'd say they run small.

howd you size? i like the first pic

I bought a 34. They measured either 34.5 or 35. I can't remember. They fit me loosely at the waist. they shrank down to about 33.5 and have stretched back out to a comfy 35.

the thighs are cut very generously so buying true to size (pre soak) is not a problem and is what I'd suggest.

those look fantastic, might have to be my next purchase. any chance of getting closeups of the denim?

do i!

I personally love the denim. Its very streaky with some nice vertical falling coming out.

3896894043_7937219db8.jpg

3896941723_37a9836648.jpg

3684831919_7d8beebc3f.jpg

an idea I had a while ago : denim scanograms.

if this is too big just let me know or get rid of it. but it looks best big

3484727953_fca4d76f6f_b.jpg

seb, frogus, thanks for the great info. these are the white tab 201s? i've always stayed away since i thought they were exaggeratedly big. i wear 33s and 37s with abandon but those are 501s. good stuff

I'm confused the 201 Selvage Seb posted are 37 201s 555 valencia st 201s. The 20 201s are the white tag 201s and they run much like other LVCs (before last year and the sizing change). Its the 37 201s (555) that really run small.

Guest Selvage Seb.

It is a bit strange indeed, my 201's run two sizes smaller for some reason.

But as far as I know they're only available in even sizes, so I had to pick the size 32 (because 30 was waaay to small)

instead of going one size larger and pick the size between.

Maybe that will explain the huge difference..

correct me if I'm wrong

I'm confused the 201 Selvage Seb posted are 37 201s 555 valencia st 201s. The 20 201s are the white tag 201s and they run much like other LVCs (before last year and the sizing change). Its the 37 201s (555) that really run small.

It is a bit strange indeed, my 201's run two sizes smaller for some reason.

But as far as I know they're only available in even sizes, so I had to pick the size 32 (because 30 was waaay to small)

instead of going one size larger and pick the size between.

Maybe that will explain the huge difference..

correct me if I'm wrong

what you're describing with the 555 37 201s is exactly what I experienced. They run VERY SMALL.

I'm sure this has been asked / answered 9million times before...

I'm about 4 (+/-) months into my LVC 1957 501xx's and I think it's time for a soaking. A few questions from all of you experienced LVC folks:

~ I don't want them to shrink much.

--- Cold soak? then Hang Dry? (Do NOT want much indigo loss...)

--- If so, for how long?

--- No access to a tub to do this...is a construction/white bucket OK?

--- No detergent?

These were hot soaked prior to wear / straight from buying. The previous owner bought these brand new, soaked them and they shrunk too much for his liking ~ resold to me.

Any other info. you think I'll need - please supply.

Thanks!

Is this right? Is there a '57 LVC out?