Levi's Vintage Clothing

hey guys,

i've gotten my 44s last week and i've soaked them in hot water for about 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hours. It shrunk well and now i'm loving the fit. The problem here is that after wearing the jeans for a couple of hours, the jeans have gotten really really soft.

My friends also told me that the harder the raw jeans, the easier it fades. Is this true? I'm worried that my jeans couldn't fade nuts.

I had a pair of raw nudies and they went soft only after a couple of wear and it couldn't fade nuts.

Hope some can help me here.

hey guys,

i've gotten my 44s last week and i've soaked them in hot water for about 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hours. It shrunk well and now i'm loving the fit. The problem here is that after wearing the jeans for a couple of hours, the jeans have gotten really really soft.

My friends also told me that the harder the raw jeans, the easier it fades. Is this true? I'm worried that my jeans couldn't fade nuts.

I had a pair of raw nudies and they went soft only after a couple of wear and it couldn't fade nuts.

I think the "harder" the jeans the faster they will start fading, but just because they have softened up doesn't mean they wont fade nicely. I think it's all about how hard you wear them and the time between washes. If I was you I'd wear them for atleast 6 or 7 months before they got any more washing/soaking.

hey guys,

all the guys in the fullcount thread have been raving about how nice and soft the contest jeans have been, and those babies are fading great. What matters more than anything is wearing your jeans often and being active in them.

My JP LVC source found a pair of "555 Valencia '20 201's" He doesn't seem to be much of a jean expert, but assures me that they're the real deal. The pics he sent me shows a funky care tag that's all in Japanese except at the bottom where it says, " Made in San Francisco California" Tag does not show WPL#, 555, Production date, etc. like on my 37 555 201 tag. Other than that, the jeans appear accurate, but can't tell from digital image about denim. Claims he might not be able to get more pics from shop he's dealing with..Does anyone here know if these are legit based on my description of care tag??? I cannot post pics -- my computer crashed recently and lost everything including all apps and drives. Might be weeks before I get it all pieced back together. Anyway, any info will be a great help. Thanks...

''all the guys in the fullcount thread have been raving about how nice and soft the contest jeans have been, and those babies are fading great. What matters more than anything is wearing your jeans often and being active in them''--erk

dude is on point, the softness of the denim his nothing to do with how well a jean will or can fade. it's all about what you do in the jeans, and how often you wear them . wear is even more important than washing, as far as fading goes.lendo has a pair of LVC and the leather patch is great. somehow it hasn't aged that much despite him wearing them on/off for i think like 3 years. the leather texture is dope

In fact HOLD OFF washing as long as possible. I try and go 6 months before the first soak and then only a couple of times will they hit the water in the first year. Then I will wash/soak more often. I'm working on a pair of 1915 501s right now. Got just a 1 month into. I will post photos at 6 months probably just after the first soak.

''all the guys in the fullcount thread have been raving about how nice and soft the contest jeans have been, and those babies are fading great. What matters more than anything is wearing your jeans often and being active in them''--erk

dude is on point, the softness of the denim his nothing to do with how well a jean will or can fade. it's all about what you do in the jeans, and how often you wear them . wear is even more important than washing, as far as fading goes.lendo has a pair of LVC and the leather patch is great. somehow it hasn't aged that much despite him wearing them on/off for i think like 3 years. the leather texture is dope

Quoted for truth.

If you wear them, fades will come.

Sounds legit. They MIGHT be a pair of early LVC made expressly for the Japan market. Having a '555' stamp on the back of the top fly button would solidify their authenticity.

My JP LVC source found a pair of "555 Valencia '20 201's" He doesn't seem to be much of a jean expert, but assures me that they're the real deal. The pics he sent me shows a funky care tag that's all in Japanese except at the bottom where it says, " Made in San Francisco California" Tag does not show WPL#, 555, Production date, etc. like on my 37 555 201 tag. Other than that, the jeans appear accurate, but can't tell from digital image about denim. Claims he might not be able to get more pics from shop he's dealing with..Does anyone here know if these are legit based on my description of care tag??? I cannot post pics -- my computer crashed recently and lost everything including all apps and drives. Might be weeks before I get it all pieced back together. Anyway, any info will be a great help. Thanks...

hi electrum

where did you order the 201s and how did you size em?

as far as i know levis japan has a 20s 201 this year and due to the prize it must be a special.

here is a link from jeans neshi

http://www.jeans-neshi.com/mensjeanskan/levis/xx-aitem/20201-00/20201-0005.htm

i wonder how paul would like them . by the way what happend to dr heech ?

I've all but forgotten what superfuture was like with paul T around, I hope he comes back soon!

dr heech is great too. he had quite an LVC collection and great information, hope hes not gone too long.

*i have nothing to do with this auction.*

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1890s-Levi-Button-Fly-201s-Denim-Blue-Jeans_W0QQitemZ370154832023QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVintage_Men_s_Clothing?hash=item562ef28097&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_8072wt_1167

brother, can you spare a dime?

*edit*

just noticed the $63 shipping charge. ha! for the BIN, i would expect the pope to hand deliver them to me...

For those of you interested in sizing,

I just receive my 47's from cultizm for the lvc contest. They are a tagged 36x36.

Interestingly, the waste measured big style came out to 18.25 so just a hair OVER tagged size. In any case, mine definitely did not measure to a 35 and I guess I'm exchanging for a 34 which hopefully won't measure 33 = X

What season are yours, davidschlott? I'm sure I recall that LVC was going to make that change to the '47 sometime this year (ie, no longer undersized).

Cultizm might now have a blend of new and older seasons. I noticed they still list the undersized sizing, but also have a note to contact them about measurements.

Sounds legit. They MIGHT be a pair of early LVC made expressly for the Japan market. Having a '555' stamp on the back of the top fly button would solidify their authenticity.

That's what I'm thinking. At any rate, I'm going to dig a little deeper before I decide to pull the trigger.

Interesting thing though was that yesterday afternoon, I ran across a pair of "valencia st 555 1970s sanfordized bootcut circa 05/99" model on ebay. I swear I recall seeing the same dude that was selling them post on this board with same id, but I can't remember his id now, do know he's in Berlin though. Those jeans he had pictured had the same Japanese text label with "made in San Francisco California" at bottom like the 201s I'm considering. Last night I tried to find the listing again, but it's gone. So maybe Levi's did make some 555 production models for JP market in late '90s - '00s ?? Either that, or I'm setting myself up to buy som real nice Thai fakes....! Thanks for the follow -up ShortyLong.

hi electrum

where did you order the 201s and how did you size em?

as far as i know levis japan has a 20s 201 this year and due to the prize it must be a special.

here is a link from jeans neshi

http://www.jeans-neshi.com/mensjeanskan/levis/xx-aitem/20201-00/20201-0005.htm

What's up Fardin....

I'm dealing with an ebay seller in Japan who sometimes sells lvc and other vintage-inspired clothing. The jeans that I hope to get from him are suppose to be the valencia st 555 version. They measure 30.25 x 36 .PTs visual guide suggests getting actual size or size down a bit -- I normally wear 31 x 34, so if I get em I'll have to hem length. Like I said, not sure if they're the real deal, but seller emailed me today saying he's going to send more detailed fotos. Anyway, Ive seen pics online of the new lvcJP 201s you're talking about and think they lack authentic look -- dunno, just something funky with 'em. Another Japanese ebay seller I deal with says recent JPLVC products are low grade and extremely high price -- he specifica ly mentioned the rigid333 and 201. That's his opinion. He;s the same dude I got my JPlvc '44s -- the ones with the strange 'see through' denim and had melted wax-like leather patch..

I think I recall that Doc Heech posted that he was moving and PT is doing some project....

Picked these up for summer. Thought I would post some pics here. Made in usa for japanese market. They are a nice slim cut, though I had to size down 1 as they were the only pair I could find.

pic0164qn6.jpg

pic0163ce8.jpg

pic0162du2.jpg

pic0168gc2.jpg

pic0169yp2.jpg

Here are a couple of Bedford cord Lvc jackets made at Valencia st for the japanese market. Picked the khaki 1 up for 2000 yen on yahoo. The other 1 cost me nearly 10 times that.

pic0162fq3.jpg

pic0164gr6.jpg

^ Just to confirm that LVC made some items at Valencia street & elsewhere in the US for the japanese market in the late 90's.