Levi's Vintage Clothing

They are indeed 1901's. A good tip off is the style number on the tag shown. "50101. . . as in Model 501; year 01.....Very man of the LVC model numbers incorporate the year of replication in. 47501....55501 etc....

As has been said, they're a good pair of 1901s. From around 2003, one of the last made in a Levi's factory, I think in San Antonio Texas.

I like these jeans - they're a good dark, inky colour, lightweight - 9 oz, I think, from Kurabo - although the buckle on the cinch is particularly useless. I will get mine out for the summer soon.. I find they fade very differently from the 1940s or 50s LVC, you get fewer crease marks because they're a lighter weight denim and because they're a bigger fit. But they're still a pretty straight leg, with an antifit bum,

Levis1901f.jpg

As has been said, they're a good pair of 1901s. From around 2003, one of the last made in a Levi's factory, I think in San Antonio Texas.

Paul, how did you arrive at the date? was it the "03" at the end of the first line of the last section on the tag?

Does Anyone have experience with the different 1967 505's from 2003, 2004 and 2005/2006? I know 2003 is 555 stamped, 2004 is 'R' Stamped and scovill zipped and 2005 is labelled '67505-0217' on the paper patch and talon zipped. But what about the fits, are they all the same? As far as I could tell the 2005 were slimmer or something. What about the current season? Anyone know if they even make a 28 or 29 waist in either europe or US?

Paul, how did you arrive at the date? was it the "03" at the end of the first line of the last section on the tag?

Above the 643M on the tag is F3 03. I am pretty sure that these were only issued for one season only (Fall 2003) as a raw jean. Certainly one of my favourites.

Does Anyone have experience with the different 1967 505's from 2003, 2004 and 2005/2006? I know 2003 is 555 stamped, 2004 is 'R' Stamped and scovill zipped and 2005 is labelled '67505-0217' on the paper patch and talon zipped. But what about the fits, are they all the same? As far as I could tell the 2005 were slimmer or something. What about the current season? Anyone know if they even make a 28 or 29 waist in either europe or US?

from what I hear they start at 30" waist this year but have been slimmed down

Above the 643M on the tag is F3 03. I am pretty sure that these were only issued for one season only (Fall 2003) as a raw jean. Certainly one of my favourites.

I heard aswell that these start from a W30 on... but I was at Buttenheim in Berlin, it´s a

LVC Flagshipstore and I couldn´t see any difference in the fit, the Dry ones have not been slimmed down, only the prewashed version. But one thing is very different, it´s the Denim, this years 505s are made of 14oz heavyweight Denim, it was really great between my fingers, I gonna get me a pair as soon as possible.:)

So this would be one of those?

skjorta.jpg

The fabric used is 51%cotton, 49% Polynosic

Well I'm not 100% sure that your shirt is from Korea and after 71, but I have seen white big E shirts with 'made in Korea' and 1978©.

I am not sure about the history of the white tab, so I can't date shirts by that alone, but I know why there are post 71 big E shirts.

John- Can you please stick up a pic of the fit. I'm toying with getting a pair now they seem to have improved the denim, but usually wear looser shapes (37's, 1901's)

Cheers

Martin

the white tab big E can be as late as 1978 actually. Those would be made in Korea.

Thank you man, you´re totally right! My pearl snap shirt is made in Korea and actually from 1978... but strange anyway:)

How do you know, me got the Paul Trynka and other books, but never heard of this fact!?

probably wont add much, but i just wanted to say that i am really loving the pair of washed LVC 47s that my friend gave me... even tho they are 5 sizes too big. great for a baggy look. the denim is beautiful, and almost makes me want to buy a pair of raws.

My mom used to own a dry cleaners/alteration shop in the early/mid 90s and she used to buy used levi's then sell them to european markets cause they were so ravenous for used levi's back then.

In any case I found a big bag of levi's in the garage. I have some 501s, but i dunno if they are shit or true vintage. They have really good wear, a back torn pocket, button fly and they are selvege. Are crappy 501 STF normally selvege?

It is freakin' annoying how much the size varies on LVC, no? There was a time you could tell exactly how much the raw product would shrink by trying on the prewashed - but now they're made in different factories so yo have no chance! There is at least two inches difference in the waist size between my 1947s and my old 1933s, with the 1901s and 1870s coming somewhere in between.

Could be the photos, or just the different sizes, but the yoke looks bigger on the 44s than the 47s; they both look good, though - the 47s remind me how much I like those jeans unwashed.

I think my next project is a pair of 55s, to wear unwashed, unsoaked. If they shrink in a cold wash seven months in, I'll sell 'em.