Levi's Vintage Clothing

Just picked this up off ebay... Got it for a steal... I think about $60. It is the Levis No 213 dry one pocket jacket. Selvedge collar. Pretty nice jacket. Lighter weight denim, about 11 or 12 ounces (same as 201 I believe). No red tag cuz the tag wasn't introduced until the 30s.

joaquin55months001dn5.jpg

Black donut buttons...

joaquin55months003qb6.jpg

Cloth tag. It is tagged as a 32, but it measures about 19in from pit to pit... Maybe mislabeled. Check the selvedge around the collar.

joaquin55months002py3.jpg

Sorry, probably won't be washing this guy too soon. I have the feeling it would shrink quite a bit. It fits just about right in the chest and a little long in the arms. If anything this guys will have a life of cold soaks and hand washes. I guess this guy isn't found raw too often.

Cool jacket !!!

Tried a Levi Europe , i think late 90s version , of this on Friday . Faded finish with tags stating Levi Frontier Jacket Type 1 , card patch stating 70501 . The over faded finish put me off though . Even so I never realised how short these jackets are and being a stocky build it looked shite on me !!! Would have been a decent pickup for someone who it fitted at £5 (chartiy shop)

Hey what size are those??? They look awesome

I have a question.... I am talking to this seller on ebay because I am trying to get a pair of LVC 47 501xx from Japan. He said that the smallest LVC Japan makes is a size 32 (prewash)...is that true?

I can't imagine them shrinking to a 28??...either everyone in JP is a giant or the guy is a liar.

My raw denim is normally tagged at a 29 or 30...so I am assuming these will be too big (the 32's

i went to cinch years ago, they had all the lvc jeans in those days.... nice shop, worth checking.

as posted in the evolution thread...

My LVC 1944, these are about three or three and a half years old

527532860_c7bfd8b163.jpg

527532864_ace4344ab5.jpg

527545454_de75c60491.jpg

527532882_6e2803a698.jpg

527545456_08f8b34368.jpg

527545460_a5f9768ac6.jpg

do most newer lvc models fade to this greyish blue color when washed several times? or does it depend on the model since the denim might be different.... i have '06 47s.....

So for those interested , I tried the Valencia St 1997 repro Levi 201xx on ebay but no takers , no biggy as these cost next to nothing (these were talked on the forum last weekend) However i just sold a pair of second hand Levi 516s bootcuts for £80 , what is it with these jeans . Whilst I had the 201xx at a start price that was for seriously interested people only (£75) I thought they would have sold but a pair of Levi standard bootcut jeans , that never really sold in Europe , going for more than these classics , wtf !!!

Thats the bay for you , always full of surprises !!!

Sorry this has taken so long. I've had to lighten these in photoshop as the pics were sooo dark, but assuming my screens calibrated OK- the colours are a pretty good representation..

Great lookin' jeans. I really like the 20's. Thank's a lot.

Those leather patch 201s are historically inaccurate, it seems, and actually seem more like a 501, but many people like them. Apparently they'ere the only jeans that Eric Clapton now wears. Despite that, I still like them...

Yeah I really like my to. The 37 201s 555 have a leather patch and red line cone denim.

I also have a couple pairs of the 20s 201s blue/green line awesome also. One pair is 555 2000 if I remember right and the other pair I have are from a couple years back. Big mistake on the newer ones double needle arcuate and the denim on the earlier ones is nicer.

For those of you that are London based- selfridges are selling off some 37's & 55's for £65 in both raw and pissed about with.

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered this site and would appreciate any help. Id like to buy a few pairs of LVCs. Im slim in the legs but have a slight gut. So the waist is usually the widest part of my body. I can do raw or washed -assuming the raw is not shrink to fit. Bascially a 35/36 waist. So for the non-cinch is the present 47 the slimest?

I also think the cinch is cool. Can anyone reccomend a good starting point for a pair or two. Which of the 1933's, 1937 and 1890 would you reccomend.

Also would appreciate sources. Thanks again.

Im in nyc but have had no luck at any of the levis stores. only tiny sizes

If you think that Sugarcane 1947 is too full in the legs and ass you're not gonna find any LVC's with a cinch that you'll like. But anyway this year they make the 1937 501's and 1920 201's this year and out of these two the 1937 501's I think are slimmer one.

buy them from http://www.cultizm.com

If you think that Sugarcane 1947 is too full in the legs and ass you're not gonna find any LVC's with a cinch that you'll like. But anyway this year they make the 1937 501's and 1920 201's this year and out of these two the 1937 501's I think are slimmer one.

buy them from http://www.cultizm.com

if this response was for my post then thanks. I did not mention sugar canes so im confused. I have not tired the canes...but would like to as well as the lvcs. Are you saying that the lvcs are wider in the butt??????????

yes, you wrote in the sugarcane thread that you thought sc1947 would be to wide in the butt for your taste

fit of some LVC's with cinch. 1933 is about the same fit as this years 1937: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=498527&postcount=799

and some fits 1947 cut jeans: http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=498623&postcount=804