Levi's Vintage Clothing

Can anyone tell me more about these? When did they come out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180108602234&rd=1&rd=1?

If they truly are the Cpaital E jeans, they came out circa 1991 (exact date is in the book Denim). But they're not worth paying a premium for, as they're not particularly great repros and are certainly inferior to early LVC. They were a sort of generic cut and not particularly close to 1947 - other details, including the leather-like 2-horse patch, don't particularly resemble the '47 either.

Thankyou...................

Sorry to double post the same jeans but I just wasn't happy with the colour that the camera had recorded in the pics above (made them look crap imo). This is pretty much the exact colour of them, and you can see the oil stains. At some point i'll do some better pics (finally it's sunny in England!) of the patch etc. :-) 555 LVC 1944s

1944.jpg

those look so nice.

Right! 3rd time posting these as i'm finally happy with the colour in the pics being accurate to real life. 555 LVC 1944 (from 1996-white pocket bags). Oil, Concrete, multiple washes. Gun oil used on the patch as that's all I had.

44-1.jpg

44-2.jpg

44-3.jpg

44-4.jpg

44-5.jpg

44-6.jpg

Nah, didn't really wear a wallet in these, and it was an AA cotton one so it didn't seem to leave a fade-now I do though but I rarely wear them. I've found another pair of these deadstock raw in a shop recently in the same size and am tempted...

I wonder if the raw 44s available now in Japan would fade like that?

I don't really know but I would say that although these (555) are supposed to be 10oz, they must do something to the denim, as these very nearly stood up on their own when first washed. Not sure if the Japanese ones use the same denim, which i'm guessing would change the fade.

^are you crazy? Get them! Now!

You can always sell them on here if you change your mind.

:D yeah but i'm tempted by alot of stuff...trying to save for some more sams...you know how it is i'm sure....maybe though...i'll go and look at them again.;)

• 3 weeks later...

I got my 1947 501 from cultzim this week. I love them, but the rise is a bit too high for my favor. Anyways a great jean for a great price. And also they bleed so much on my white t-shirts. The bottom part of the shit is slightly blue now... ouch...

Yeah thought you'd come to that conclusion too. Interesting though as i've never seen a (kind of) 201 fake...

Haven't checked these out properly, but remember LVC had a faulty batch fo 201 repros with the double needle arcuate - they might even have had wrong shape pockets, can't remember exactly... but from memory they were 20s repros and didn't have the red tab.

Haven't checked these out properly, but remember LVC had a faulty batch fo 201 repros with the double needle arcuate - they might even have had wrong shape pockets, can't remember exactly... but from memory they were 20s repros and didn't have the red tab.

Wow! Tell more Paul...I emailed the seller who told me they were very good quality, but (unwashed), and very undersized. Button stamped 501, and a red tab...something doesn't look right to me about the patch either-not sure what though?

Wow! Tell more Paul...I emailed the seller who told me they were very good quality, but (unwashed), and very undersized. Button stamped 501, and a red tab...something doesn't look right to me about the patch either-not sure what though?

LVCs 20s 201s with the double arcuate.

1929201back.jpg

1929201backpocket.jpg

No red tag

Button stamped 501 sounds almost certainly like a fake. As does red line, correct line is blue.

I will check out listing properly when I have a moment, and maybe post pix of my 90s 201s.

EDIT: that batwing tag is also typical of fakes.

Hardware - black suspender buttons - is surprisingly good for a fake. And those back pockets are also typical of the 201 fakes, altho otherwise these are much better than anything I've seen before. I will download the pix and add them to my chamber of horros if I get a chance to add one to my website...

Today I scored a pair of what looks like some 1920 201 LVCs. I was FREAKING OUT when I spotted these on the rack at the thrift store I went to. At first I thought they were the real deal until I saw the inside tag. They look pretty legit to me, anyone have an idea of the story behind these and how much they would be worth? There are some paint splatters on the leg and on the back of the jeans if that helps. I am debating on whether or not to keep them and hang them on my wall or sell them. They are too big for me to wear on a regular basis. I forgot to take a picture of the crotch rivet, but it is there.

CIMG1018.jpg

CIMG1019.jpg

CIMG1020.jpg

CIMG1021.jpg

CIMG1022.jpg

CIMG1023.jpg

CIMG1024.jpg

CIMG1025.jpg

CIMG1026.jpg

CIMG1027.jpg