Levi's Vintage Clothing

hey all

I am looking for a vintage 501, those dry vintage 501 like 47 501 etc... But I am not sure which one has slimmer fit, I know some of them are baggier. And which model is easily accessible and does not cost a fortune.

thanks

Last I checked the '47 501 was $175 US; it is one of the slimmest fits, and probably the most "wallet friendly."

'66 is also relatively slim, not sure what those are going for; I believe they were supposed to be released for the US by now.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of minor details different than mine, but they look legit.

Mine have a blank zipper with no manufacturer name on it, and mine have a pewter-colored top button, whereas it looks like yours has copper. The manufacturing dates indicate that yours are from a later batch and they might have made these changes.

Selvedge, tab, and inside tag all look correct.

There are a couple of minor details different than mine, but they look legit.

Mine have a blank zipper with no manufacturer name on it, and mine have a pewter-colored top button, whereas it looks like yours has copper. The manufacturing dates indicate that yours are from a later batch and they might have made these changes.

Selvedge, tab, and inside tag all look correct.

thank you...

Today when I was putting on my 33 501 I noticed that a part of the cinchback was missing. Not the "main"part that is hooked into the denim but the other part that is attached.

I don't really know how this happened, maybe it's because I use to place the cinchback behind the beltloop and use a belt (not that I am not a fan of cinchback, I just find it more practical to use a belt) and this in some way may have caused some stress on the area.

Anyone got a tip on what I can do?

http://pici.se/pictures/ZzKxo2.jpg <-- What the red pointer is aiming at is what is left. This is really hard for me to explain because of two reasons:

1. English is not my first language.

2. I don't know the terms.

I believe that there's been problems with the cinch on the 33's. mine broke too and now I've fastened it with a safety pin

Yeah, I was inspecting this a little further now and I see that a little part from the main part that was attaching the other part is missing. Anyway, I was down in the cellar (my grandfather's place) and there is some nice good old heavy duty stuff from the military down there... Think I should be able to make a pretty cool cinchback from this stuff.

I believe that there's been problems with the cinch on the 33's. mine broke too and now I've fastened it with a safety pin

Because of safety laws Levis has to put the bar across the to pins so they don't work the way they were designed to work on originals. My advise is when you get them take a real sharp very small pair of snips and cut off the cross bar making points on the two prongs. See example.

1933501buckle.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone post or tell me about some of the current buckle back Levi's available please?

I need some and i also i dont like the ones with only 1 backpocket. I think they're Japan 501xx's or something

Can anyone tell me more about these? When did they come out:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=180108602234&rd=1&rd=1?

If they truly are the Cpaital E jeans, they came out circa 1991 (exact date is in the book Denim). But they're not worth paying a premium for, as they're not particularly great repros and are certainly inferior to early LVC. They were a sort of generic cut and not particularly close to 1947 - other details, including the leather-like 2-horse patch, don't particularly resemble the '47 either.

airfrog

which do you prefer of the 33 or 37s? How is the quality of the current season buckle backs?

My 33s are old 555s and they are GREAT. Full cut and 10 oz denim. I have a pair of 37 501s s/s this year and they also are very nice though the denim doesn't seem to be a full 12 oz anyway not as heavy as a pair of 37 501s I had from 04 but the denim seems nicer than the 04s. And they are definately not as heavy as the red line 555 37 201s. The 33s have exposed rivets and suspender bottons and the 37s have hidden rivets and no suspender buttons and the small red big e pocket tag. Both great jeans.