Levi's Vintage Clothing

1 hour ago, Broark said:

This is a beauty, going for ¥63,800 right now on Yahoo.
I’m no LVC expert, but according to the description on the listing this is a ‘98 Valencia Street 507XX, so very early LVC if I’m not mistaken.
i-img1091x1200-1604112397ngqxh9561737.jpi-img1008x1200-1604112397nrjohu561737.jpi-img1200x675-1604112398msrcqh561737.jpgi-img1200x1058-16041123983axfaa561737.jp

That's nuts, I used to work at a Levi's store in Sydney back in the day and I still have one of these in dead stock condition. Mine is also 555 coded and produced in may 1998, complete with labels, though it's a size 48. Didn't realise these went for so much money. Maybe I should sell as I prefer the Japanese repro's these days!!!

Edited by FAB FOUR
spelling error

I grabbed a pair but it would appear I might of needed to have sized up as END show them measuring small on the waist. 
There was one (1) very positive review on the Levi's UK website stating they were a big improvement over last years Made in Bulgaria; however I'm assuming the denim is still sourced from the same mill?
Any earlier reviews in this forum? I guess not!

Neatstyle has some post-soaked measurements but they are a little odd across my TTS tag and sizing up tag. 
Sizing up they are an inch to big post wash but going TTS they are 1.5" smaller than I'd like. My guess is these jeans raw are true to tag size on the waist.

BTW: made in Turkey and they are selvedge.

Edited by cool_hand

45 minutes ago, cool_hand said:

Any earlier reviews in this forum? I guess not!

none that I know of, mostly disgust from users at their very existence... 

when you get 'em, pix and measurement numbers plz!

which reminds me, I didn't share the made in turkey '55 numbers and pix from this summer, apologies...

a sloppy fit pic...

cMYxrd3h.png

to put things into labels...

GH1K8Pch.jpg

the raw denim and the odd stitching detail...

JDVD5ksh.jpg

mtr0tjSh.jpg

akYGtj0h.jpg

ydbWZVMh.jpg

KmvLqrQh.jpg

6mjr55Uh.jpg

SIY2Jx0h.jpg

Lvc 1955 [made in turkey edition] - 36x32

Raw/hot rinsed, spun, air dry and worn: 

w. 46.5/47 [hand stretching applied...]

fr 33.5/31

br. 42/41

thigh 34/32-33

knee 27/25

hem 23.5/23

inseam 79/73

///

a very basic no-bells-no-whistles pair in many ways, when comparing to the tender and tcb I am otherwise wearing; but there is merit in such things... 

def. not as hairy as other images I have seen of the cone 50s denim that I always avoided before...

+ here are some mini-not-yet-fades to get a sense of the direction they will travel... [and a sense of the fabric as it opens up...]

6OTfJj0h.jpg

ydRB6ljh.jpg

weA5cl5h.jpg

KQmZjM2h.jpg

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

^ Cool looking '66s, and inspiring, as I am about 200 days into a pair of Cone '66s that I started on back in late 2017. They are just starting to show some character. Good to see what tone of blue they fade to.

I'm really tempted to pull the trigger on the 1984s that are on sale right now. 120 euro for a pair of LVCs seems like a good deal, but what keeps holding me back is thinking of throwing that money towards a pair of Resolutes or TCBs or some pair that seems to have real character to it. What do you guys think? Can you really go wrong with LVC? 

When they stop using that horrible poly thread to stitch 'em together, then l might have considered buying another pair of Lvc. 

But after discovering brands that use 100% cotton thread (too many to mention), which fade better/gives that overly more organic feel to/ is authentic/feels more reminiscent of vintage, l'll never go back.

Edited by Dr_Heech

listen to the dr... srsly

if there is a choice, do not sit on the fence-side of the copyright holders, go with the passionate and those who hold real fidelity...

[I like to swim across boundaries and take temperatures, hence my ambivalent nature; I like irony sometimes more than resolute low rises...]  

Edited by bartlebyyphonics

I would temper my comment with the fact that some lvc pairs have the pattern cutting just right for my build... (esp. the pre-40s cuts - the '37 in particular, and the type I jacket is great also) whilst I think resolute (and the 60s tcb) will never ever work for me...

beyond issues of thread choice and repro detail the key lvc matter has been cone denim, with that gone the jury is out to see how the new denim is going to fair, and also the quality of the new construction sites (bulgaria/turkey) [along with the ethics of outsourcing labour, something I don't think many support here] ... this is one of the reasons I have tried out the "turkey '55" to see where it stands ... I am interested in the '84 for just that same reason 

I would never say don't buy lvc, but I would not hold it higher than other brands in its current state (until more fade examples and experiences of the new builds come in ...) 

• 2 weeks later...

Rediscovering 505s! 

I stopped buying 505s when they started being made in Turkey. My first pair of 555s on the right were too big (w36 L34). I got 2 Made in the USA pairs (W34 L34)  from S1 2004 in March 2004 (not sure where 1 pair is, but the other is in the centre) but grabbed an opportunity to get 3 Made in Turkey pairs w32 L34 recently (1 is on the left and the other which I have been wearing for a week is at the bottom) and I am loving them.

IMG_20201130_0823173.jpg

57 minutes ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Ah, the last of the Cone.

I actually have a pair of cut-offs in that fabric, from a factory fault, it's beautiful, and takes lots of washing. 

lovely pockets on those pairs, too, although some of those imperfections ain't too subtle.

If they spent as much time and money on the actual jeans and their details as they do with these special promos and hype, they might actually make jeans that live up to their "stitch to stitch" talk.

Sadly, I don't think that we are really their target group anymore.