Levi's Vintage Clothing

Oh man the less time they spend in water the better. Softener... OUCH.... sorry man but ya just gotta be patient. The stiffness is what gives ya those killer whiskers and combs.

Thanks for the advice. Since I soak them less than half an hour, even with little softener, the denim still quite stiff and I feel more comfortable wearing them now. I know, the softener is a taboo here.

Wonder if one can still get the 44 japanese version anymore. I have a pair that I love and would like to get another. Any ideas?

i asked around at the major tokyo denim shops looking for anything left from LVC japan, and didn't find anything, and that was in may. not saying that they can't be found, but it's going to be harder than going to, say, americaya.

Wonder if one can still get the 44 japanese version anymore. I have a pair that I love and would like to get another. Any ideas?

If you take into account the fabric they're using, the new US version is better. I'm not convinced by all the LVC Japan raw denim. I think it's roy6 1930s pair on here that simply aren't wearing as well as the US version, even if some of the detailing is nicer. (And, incidentally, the recent detailing on the US models, red tags at least, has improved markedly).

I have the LVC '55 in both USA and Japan versions and will be posting photos to show their evolution.

The Japanese denim is superb. It reminds me a lot of my 1201XX OOE except that it is a bit thicker. The cloth is a gorgeous shade of dark blue. It has alot of character without being over the top. In that way it is quite elegant.

The Cone denim is very smooth, paper-like in the sense of it being very uniform and consistent. The denim is more of a mid blue as compared to the MiJ denim. It is also quite a bit lighter than the Japanese version.

The fit is identical...a good one for my tallish frame. So we will see how they do over time.

Atoo has the new collection in also; two sweatshirts and two shirts i haven't seen before yet; shirts are quite nice but pricey

I work at a too - if anyone wants any extra pictures or measurements or anything, just send me a pm. Or email the store at [email protected].

The indigo cable knit cotton sweater is a really, really nice colour - the standout piece of the collection for me. The t-shirts have been popular too, nice fit, great fabric.

Thanks for the advice. Since I soak them less than half an hour, even with little softener, the denim still quite stiff and I feel more comfortable wearing them now. I know, the softener is a taboo here.

Its really preference but the stiffness is what will give you contrasty fades. If really pronounced whiskers and combs are what you want then the stiffer the better. Once they're really set then I usually soak/rinse on a regular basis. But if those kinds of things are not all that important then no biggie.

If you take into account the fabric they're using, the new US version is better. I'm not convinced by all the LVC Japan raw denim. I think it's roy6 1930s pair on here that simply aren't wearing as well as the US version, even if some of the detailing is nicer. (And, incidentally, the recent detailing on the US models, red tags at least, has improved markedly).

Paul, how do I recognize the new US version?

Ask this seller, he might help you...

http://shop.ebay.com/kendokobayashi/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

There is one Japanese LVC 1944 501 on eBay right now from him... I don't know if it's your size, 38, I think.

Levi's Vintage Clothing 1954 501 XX

W34 L34

Photo0349.jpg

Photo0352.jpg

Guess ill return them and size up.

you guys got any ideas?

W34 waist size is 88cm

W36 waist size is 92cm

W38 waist size is 96cm

Which one should i pick? i was thinking about getting the W38 get a hot soak in my shower and wear them to shrink to fit while outside for an hour.

I wasn't sure if this is the best place to post this, but I'm thinking all the Levis experts will be around, so.....

I left the office early this aft, to have some fun with my little girl - I'll try to get pics up in the wayjdt... Our last stop was at one of the thrift stores I frequent. It had been kinda dry lately & I wasn't expecting to find anything.

But she spotted (& fell in love) with this - and at $5 it was a no-brainer. Looks to be an old Levis boy's shirt, with some neat details: embroidery, green-line selvage, etc.

I'm guessing 1970's? Maybe one of you could shed more light! :)

Anywho, here's the pics:

5d7fe7e0.jpg

0917f703.jpg

7649d712.jpg

fc4ce651.jpg

0ea62035.jpg

Thanks in advance for any commentary! :)

That is simply awesome riff. I am jealous! @PaulT., Paul, how do I recognize the new US version of the 44's?

I think by the orange back pocket (older ones were more violet), and I think the year of production is still on the internal tags. I'll check.

Edit: mine are fall 2009. The pictures don't really show, but they were a mid blue, but after a hot, 75 degree wash they turned a black-blue. THe notebook next to them is the same shade as a US passport. THey seem to crock very readily, altho that could be being caught in downpours, kayaking etc.

Unwashed:

1944unwashed.jpg

Washed, two or three weeks in.

1944.jpg19443.jpg

19442.jpg19444.jpg19445.jpg19441.jpg

I think by the orange back pocket (older ones were more violet), and I think the year of production is still on the internal tags. I'll check.

I thought all the 2010 season (onwards..) stuff has the little white tag on the inside of the waistband 'made in USA by cone'..etc, if that's any help?

Nice, thank you!

I thought all the 2010 season (onwards..) stuff has the little white tag on the inside of the waistband 'made in USA by cone'..etc, if that's any help?

Thanks. My thought too, got it on my new 55's. I really don't need another pair of 44's, but I luv 'em so much :-)

Any help on my fit please?

I would like to know to return it.

I wouldn't retun them, 54's are slim fits. Soak em carefully and wear them straight and you'll get a cool fit.

^ That jacket does look dope! Seems to have a similar cut to my Sunny one (chore coat thread).

Thanks for the nice comments about my lil one's shirt! Ranon - the mice are what made it for her :)

Any help on my fit please?

I would like to know to return it.

i would size up if i were you -- but i am not. i just picked up a pair of 54s also, and went with a size 36. i believe they measured 37.5" in the waist pre-soak and are now, following to hot soaks, down to 35" or so. i had previously tried a pair of size 34s that were tight as hell and figured it would be better to size up.

i would size up if i were you -- but i am not. i just picked up a pair of 54s also, and went with a size 36. i believe they measured 37.5" in the waist pre-soak and are now, following to hot soaks, down to 35" or so. i had previously tried a pair of size 34s that were tight as hell and figured it would be better to size up.

thank you very much sir