Levi's Vintage Clothing

Just want to ask a question about sizing on my new LVC 1947s, with the 643m (Taylor Toggs?). I tried the size 34 and it's perfect fit, so I bought 36 size. I bought these thinking they were the 2009 lot, which I was advised to buy just one size larger (i.e. 36). Will they shrink properly, to a snug fit like I had on the 34" ones when not washed.

These 643m ones are made in 2006 (S1 06).

Thank you

I have pretty much decided to go for the 55s as my next pair, tried a pair at Sivletto in stockholm some weeks ago and really liked the fit and denim, really should have bought them then and there (size 33x34) because they were sold out today when i checked their web shop.

the only other place that i've found that has that size is of course cultizm, but i read somewhere that the sizing differs depending on which batch they are. i did contact cultizm about the actual measurements but haven't gotten a reply yet.

any thoughts?

I have pretty much decided to go for the 55s as my next pair, tried a pair at Sivletto in stockholm some weeks ago and really liked the fit and denim, really should have bought them then and there (size 33x34) because they were sold out today when i checked their web shop.

the only other place that i've found that has that size is of course cultizm, but i read somewhere that the sizing differs depending on which batch they are. i did contact cultizm about the actual measurements but haven't gotten a reply yet.

any thoughts?

My pair is from the 2010 cultizm stock. Tagged size 32x36, 33x36 presoak, 30-31x34 postsoak (they strech back to tagged size waistwise).

It looks like the Levis store only has the canvas 201's in a 32L. Is that an actual 32 or are they longer?

It looks like the Levis store only has the canvas 201's in a 32L. Is that an actual 32 or are they longer?

I called them also on those red brick ones... the girl knew as much about them as I did reading the copy on their page...

The 201s are only in 30 and 32 length I believe. My store carries the black canvas version and the fabric looks just like my 1873 Cotton Duck pants. We don't have the red version, but if the material is the same as the black, they seem like a cotton duck to me.

The black ones run 2 sizes big. You should size down 2 if you want them fitted in the waist and size down 1 for a typical 201 fit. Buying true to size in them will result in a baggy ass pant.

http://www.forwardforward.com/fwd/DisplayProduct.jsp?d=M&s=B&c=LVC%3A+Levi%27s+Vintage+Clothing&product=LVCL-MJ9

How about this '55 fit? Seem a tad slim? Because I'm one of the only folks on this board that still likes slim jeans, I think it looks pretty cool. But it still seems very slim for a '55. Downsized?

today i could gaze on a pair of lee zed "turn ups" although it was no repro the quality was amazing, selvage denim, chainstitching and the denim itself looked incredible... and seeing the new ridiculous prices for lvc jeans i refuse to by no more lvc... intsead i go with lee (unless i can grab a cheap pair of lvc at the bay)

Shame on you Levi´s!!!

http://www.forwardforward.com/fwd/DisplayProduct.jsp?d=M&s=B&c=LVC%3A+Levi%27s+Vintage+Clothing&product=LVCL-MJ9

How about this '55 fit? Seem a tad slim? Because I'm one of the only folks on this board that still likes slim jeans, I think it looks pretty cool. But it still seems very slim for a '55. Downsized?

Some prewashed LVC's aren't exact repros. They look customized.