Levi's Vintage Clothing

Anyone have input on what amount of shrinking one could expect from the cotton duck pants?

If your asking about the 2010 ducks, then you'll have to contact Cultizm or Cinch.

The fabric on the 2010 1873 duck pant is identical IMO to the early issue (555) from 2001, which shrank the full 2" in the waist/3" in the leg.

Hope this is some help?

If your asking about the 2010 ducks, then you'll have to contact Cultizm or Cinch.

The fabric on the 2010 1873 duck pant is identical IMO to the early issue (555) from 2001, which shrank the full 2" in the waist/3" in the leg.

Hope this is some help?

That's not good news. The longest length Cultizm has is 34". That makes me wonder if LVC made anything in a 36" length (which I need).

Hope this is some help?

Ah, thanks! Bad news though, since I need a 36 length pre-wash in this case :(

Ah, thanks! Bad news though, since I need a 36 length pre-wash in this case :(

That seems odd as the three pairs I have from 2001 are all in a 38 leg, and if my memory serves me well, those only came in a 36 leg or a 38 leg.

Maybe other retailers will stock longer leg sizes?

On a final note, they have a high rise, so you could wear 'em lower on the hip...

Hope this is some help?

Your info on the early stuff is always fantastic, but in this case it's worth pointing out this is new fabric; the old fabric came from japan, the new Cotton Duck comes from Cone.

Your info on the early stuff is always fantastic, but in this case it's worth pointing out this is new fabric; the old fabric came from japan, the new Cotton Duck comes from Cone.

So the 555 duck fabric was manufactured in Japan?

Well hats off to them as the early stuff is IMHO identical to the Cone fabric. Details are identical too, apart from the patch has no red/brown print, and the buckle is the same as the 1880's/86's and can be used. The 555 buckle was not very user friendly. I had to put a little stitch in to hold it.

THanks for posting, Shorty. I've seen Spur Bites in the flesh, they do look amazing.

Jeez, though, at people writing thus: "they're names come from clues on the denim themselves."

And of course the fabric comes from Amoskeag, not the jeans.

I have seen some photos of development work at Denim Tech - they have quite a few ex-Bart Sight people I believe, and the finishes are incredible. THey will be very pricey, though.

Edit edit: my first post siad I thought they were original, the second edit said repro, I think now the first ones are original (look at the back of the rivets for instance) and only the last ones are the repro. DOubtless we'll hear officially at some point. In any case... shame they chose to break the news via such fuckwits, eh?

levis-special-edition-501xx-barn-1.jpg

COmpare these to my old Indigo Immortals, on the post below.

levis-special-edition-501xx-barnyar.jpg

levis-special-edition-501xx-barn-2.jpg

I am still not sure.... but I am now thinking that they are a mix of old and repro. My first photo has to be genuine; I think the ones on the wood background are the LVC repro - these pairs, which are subtly different:

Barnyard2.jpgSpurbites.jpg

It is incredible how close some of the repros are to the real thing... my indigo immortal looks very similar to the original - apart from the wrong rivets! There was some discussion here earlier by electrum and others I think, discussing how decadent the concept is. But... although I don't think I'd blow $500 on a pair, nor could I afford to, I think the best ones, like this, are a work of art.

Just for compariison... as I say, I think the first set are original. Here are the last really good 1901 repros, the Indigo Immortal. Sad I had to sell these, but my raw 1901 are geting pretty close.

1901frontdetail.jpg

1901frontmain.jpg

These were Bart Sights work. Sadly, I had to sell these to Eltopo... shame he hasn't posted with them as he takes great pics. I think he mtnioedn he doens't wear them too much now as they're getting thin around the knees. Obviously he needs to apply a Spur Bites patch...

so I keep trying to NOT wash my 33's but first there was the soup I spilled all over them and now this weekend I by a fire pit and they smelled like I spent the night in the ashes... so they've gotten their 3rd wash...

oh the horror

Received a new pair of 1947 501 from Cultizm; as usual, amazing service - 3 days Germany to Tampa! Size 36x36 measures slightly more than 18" in the waist so it looks like the S/S 1947 501 tag size is right on the money. Also came with Cone tag and a letter in the back pocket. Denim is nice!

so I keep trying to NOT wash my 33's but first there was the soup I spilled all over them and now this weekend I by a fire pit and they smelled like I spent the night in the ashes... so they've gotten their 3rd wash...

oh the horror

I was on the TUbe Wednesday afternoon, a guy next to me looked rather peaky, I saw his expression change, he mouthed the words "sorry!" as I leapt out of my seat and down the carriage about a half second before he started puking up.

All sympathy for my fellow human being evaporated in the primeval urge to protect my raw denim. I felt simultaneously triumphant and ashamed.