Levi's Vintage Clothing

I think that that is their goal, but it doesn't work out in practice. Maybe they could do a dual tag- one with an actual waist measurement and a second, suggested "vintage fit" guide, like "size up two for a vintage style fit" or something along those lines.

333 clown pants, sized as directed by LVC (a 34W, I'm a 32). Actual waist size after washing (and drying in the machine!) =35".

I actually really like that dual tag idea. Levi's could still promote their intended vintage fits and customers would also have the actual measurements right there as well. Would definitely make retail of LVC a lot easier as well I'd imagine....

^ Haha! Wait til you get into road cycling... ;)

yeah, but that's for a reason.. Cycling like swimming is to win or keep from major pain... Shaving so you look like a girl is something all together.

Got a pair of '37s on the way from Cultizm. re: wearing to dry, think a regular canvas drop-cloth will be enough stain protection?

I'm using my ex's apartment, as I have no tub. I'm pretty sure leaving a blue ass-stain on her couch would get my fuck buddy privileges revoked.

Anyone have any info on the 1901's. The one's I want to get from Cultizm say they are true to tagged size. I guess they might be a 2010 version. Also how much will a 36 inseam shrink to with a good hot soak.? I really probably need a 34 inseam but they don't have that.

Received my 47's today from season 2010 and soaked them for 45min in hot water. They feel a little tight but its okay, this jeans feel much more comfortable than my Flatheads.

My true waist is 32 and I got a 33X36.

levis47s-1.jpg

levis47s2-1.jpg

levis47s3-1.jpg

^ Haha! Wait til you get into road cycling... ;)

or judo.

judo can be painful for hairy guys, they grab for the lapel and get a handful of chest hair along with it. since i look like sasquatch, i buzz my chest a few times a year to try to minimize that effect.

^ Ouch. Yea, some sports dictate the need. I get razzed way more for my "cyclists" tan than anything else...

Anyways.. I did a gentle warm wash & hang dry on my 37s. Put them on while damp & wore until dried... Holy shrinkage! :eek: The inseam is just barely long enough, and the waist is still really snug.

All-in-all though, I'm pretty happy with the fit:

lvc37washfront.jpg&action=rotate

lvc37washback.jpg&action=rotate

lvc37washside.jpg&action=rotate

On an amusing note, we were having dinner at my aunt & uncle's place, and I scored a pair of 47s :D I got him into raw denim last year, and he ordered his pair TTS (32)... Of course, they shrunk down to a 30... Too small for him, but just right for me! Will have to post up some fit pics :)

2010 1944's update

Although I actually didn't purchase a pair (yet), I saw and spoke at length to Dan (manager at cinch) about the 44's and other Lvc items.

He had three different types, the 2008 model (like Superscores'), the 2009 model (lilac arcs) and the 2010 model which has a thicker patch, orange arcs and the one sided red tab with NO 'R' on it. This is something that has been introduced on the 47's and will be introduced on the 37's in due course.

All the 2010 season and subsequent seasons will have the new type little white tag inside on the waistband (at the back) which says made in USA, fabrique en USA.

They are made of 14oz denim (I questioned this but Dan was adamant and said they would be 16oz after washing ???... ) although I'm almost positive they are more like 12oz to the feel, but I digress..

They are beautifull jeans and more attentitive to details like the originals.

@Electrum, Dan was unaware of the new 201's as all their stock are all the 2007 version.

AND CHECK THIS OUT...

They just arrived - The 1873 duck pant (they only had three or four pairs..) but they are AWESOME ! Every detail is correct and the duck canvas is beautifull just like the 1873 shirt. Whoever buys a pair of these puppies will not be disappointed, I can promise you that.

I also quizzed him about any new raw denim models in the pipeline, but He said that he was unaware of any, although there are more non-denim pieces coming .... will keep all informed, unless Paul beats me to it.

:)

nice fit riff!,... maybe a tad on the short side,... which length did you get??? i had the similar effect with my (already sold) '33s.

I sometimes like it not to cuff, too. what was it like in the mid 50s and later? I think I have some pictures in mind with pretty short inseams. I tink it looks good.:cool:

But OK, if it was the first wash it could be a good idea not to trow them in the dryer.

2010 1944's update

They are made of 14oz denim (I questioned this but Dan was adamant and said they would be 16oz after washing ???... ) although I'm almost positive they are more like 12oz to the feel, but I digress..

Like you Dr, I'm positive the LVC 44s are 12oz. My 2009 version are.

(In last year's freebie LVC booklet it says so too.)

I have a pair of Ooe's WWIIs and I questioned them about the weight as I wanted to get a close repro. of the S501.

Ryo and Hiro told me they think the original 1942-1946 was not light ; maybe 13.5-14 oz. They have an original WWII model which their repro is tightly modeled on.

Interestingly, the fit is also quite different, as is the Real McCoy's version.

Thanks for the update. I'm hoping those duck pants pop up on the web sometime soon. I'm assuming they're made in Turkey like the close-front jumper???

2010 1944's update

Although I actually didn't purchase a pair (yet), I saw and spoke at length to Dan (manager at cinch) about the 44's and other Lvc items.

He had three different types, the 2008 model (like Superscores'), the 2009 model (lilac arcs) and the 2010 model which has a thicker patch, orange arcs and the one sided red tab with NO 'R' on it. This is something that has been introduced on the 47's and will be introduced on the 37's in due course.

All the 2010 season and subsequent seasons will have the new type little white tag inside on the waistband (at the back) which says made in USA, fabrique en USA.

@Electrum, Dan was unaware of the new 201's as all their stock are all the 2007 version.

AND CHECK THIS OUT...

They just arrived - The 1873 duck pant (they only had three or four pairs..) but they are AWESOME ! Every detail is correct and the duck canvas is beautifull just like the 1873 shirt. Whoever buys a pair of these puppies will not be disappointed, I can promise you that.

I also quizzed him about any new raw denim models in the pipeline, but He said that he was unaware of any, although there are more non-denim pieces coming .... will keep all informed, unless Paul beats me to it.

:)

I sometimes like it not to cuff, too. what was it like in the mid 50s and later? I think I have some pictures in mind with pretty short inseams. I tink it looks good.:cool:

But OK, if it was the first wash it could be a good idea not to trow them in the dryer.

sure,.. a "'50s / 60s look" with a '47s or even better '55s worn "high water" would look totally dope

.... but wearing a way to short (and i am not talking about riffs jawnz) 37s would not cut it for me due to some minor authenticity problems,... :rolleyes:

as always, to each their own,... :D

It definitely isn't cut wide. I'm normally a MEDIUM in most tops and this one fits me just right...any smaller and I probably would have had to go to a LARGE...but I am very happy with it overall.

Shorty-

Do you have any further thoughts about the Sunset chambray shirt now that you have had it a little while? Especially, what is the fit like? It seems to be cut pretty slim from the dimensions I have seen online.

Thanks for the update. I'm hoping those duck pants pop up on the web sometime soon. I'm assuming they're made in Turkey like the close-front jumper???

Sorry Shorty, but I didn't ask about where they were made, but yes assume that they are made at the same place that the duck shirt was.

The rivets are shiny copper flat(..ish) topped unlike the shirt rivets which are copper with a kind of burnished finish. The buckle is different than the 555 version in that you can actually use it, and the watch pocket is up on the waistband just like the originals (not sure if the 555 versions were - will check when back home).

Also, another heads up for Uk Lvc fans - Went into Spitalefields market today, and went into Son of Stag - great raw denim shop (Levis, Lee, Edwin..etc) which has a Union special there for chainstitching.

- They said that the prices for the Lvc raw denim range for next season are to increase from £155.00 to £215.00 !

Dont know how true that was, but the Manager there was very chatty and full of info, and didn't seem to be giving me the runaround at all. Dont know if this price hike will affect other distributors?

She also told me that they were getting another two Union specials soon (and also there are only eight in total across Europe!)