Levi's Vintage Clothing

erk

How much have your 1915s stretched out from the fit pics you posted a while back? They looked pretty fitted back then.

I've also been anxiously anticipating those pics of your 1915s, airfrog.

they've stretched out a pretty good amount. they measure 35 at the waist now, which is what I was hoping for and is what they measured raw. the thighs and seat have stretched out some, which is also good.

I'm glad they fit the way they do or I'd have to wear suspenders all the time.

Airfrog

The denim on those is just incredible, you are a credit to Cone Mills. Cant give you any rep at present, but your 'wear from raw' technique certainly pays off time and time again.

You are the Master, and I merely stand in your shadow.........

Now crack open those 1880's (LOL!)

:)

Airfrog

The denim on those is just incredible, you are a credit to Cone Mills. Cant give you any rep at present, but your 'wear from raw' technique certainly pays off time and time again.

You are the Master, and I merely stand in your shadow.........

Now crack open those 1880's (LOL!)

:)

Thanks Dr H,

I don't know about being the master I know what works for me. I am going to get to my 1880s this summer and I think I will do a soak first on those though the denim is very different from the cone on the 15s. They should wear like my 17s cause I think the denim is similar to the 17s. (Paul?) I broke in the 17s real similar to the way I broke in the 15s only I soaked then a bit earlier for the first time. I think it was at about 41/2/5 months IIRC.

just checked - still at full price, with international shiiping i'm probably looking at US300. bummer.

WOW he had them marked down a couple of weeks ago when I bought my 1880s. They were marked down to. The good thing is these have some of the best denim of any lvcs I've owned and if you order say Monday you'll have them probably by Thursday latest.

WOW he had them marked down a couple of weeks ago when I bought my 1880s. They were marked down to. The good thing is these have some of the best denim of any lvcs I've owned and if you order say Monday you'll have them probably by Thursday latest.

Airfrog, those are like a beautiful poem. They have given me something to look foward to as i wear mine.

Bunga, The 1915's are $142 at caliroots.com ..............

http://caliroots.com/system/search/product.asp?id=19581

I got them at the oki-ni sale and paid around $130 after shipping so the caliroots price is still a great deal.

jstarvin, sorry I didn't get back to you sooner on this, but my '55s that are tagged as having a size 36 inseam measure 33" after trips through the washer and dryer on their hottest settings.

If you're wanting a 50s style cut with a lot of inseam, I can recommend the Full Count 0105C. I have a pair that started with a 37" inseam and they finished at 34".

Airfrog, those are like a beautiful poem. They have given me something to look foward to as i wear mine.

Bunga, The 1915's are $142 at caliroots.com ..............

http://caliroots.com/system/search/product.asp?id=19581

I got them at the oki-ni sale and paid around $130 after shipping so the caliroots price is still a great deal.

Thanks and they are still a work in progress. I will keep wearing them until May or so. I will keep try and keep them put of water till then. I was able to go 5 1/2 months without soaking. I hope that I can hold off now until may whats that another 4 months.

You're going to love yours. Just wear the heck out of them and keep them out of water as much as possible.

Airfrog, great post, many thanks, to my knowledge this is the first pair of washed 1915 I've seen. I'll let Ralph at Cone know.

I love these - they look like an early fabric, as did the Kurabo, but there's a family resemblance with all the other Cone, too.

Thanks Paul they were just soaked for a couple hours in luke warm water. You are more than welcome to share the photos with him. If you're going to talk to LVC tell them the buckle was almost there. Much better material on this buckle. Better than the old pressed metal crap. Its just the split in what should be a solid piece straight piece. (they were so close) The leather on the patch is the best I've seen since the 555 1933s. If they would just add the flat older style rivets and aren't the back pockets the wrong shape? I donno for sure thought I would ask. The denim is outstanding.

Thanks Dr H,

I don't know about being the master I know what works for me. I am going to get to my 1880s this summer and I think I will do a soak first on those though the denim is very different from the cone on the 15s. They should wear like my 17s cause I think the denim is similar to the 17s. (Paul?) I broke in the 17s real similar to the way I broke in the 15s only I soaked then a bit earlier for the first time. I think it was at about 41/2/5 months IIRC.

AF

I think the 1880's, the 1886's and the 1917's all have the same, or very similar kurabo denim. The great thing about those 1880's, however, is that they are very close to the originals (from what i've seen from the pix).

(got shot of my 1927's BTW)

Paul, a bit off topic, but are you still planning on digging out the transparencies for those leather patched '201s' from your book?

AF

I think the 1880's, the 1886's and the 1917's all have the same, or very similar kurabo denim. The great thing about those 1880's, however, is that they are very close to the originals (from what i've seen from the pix).

(got shot of my 1927's BTW)

Paul, a bit off topic, but are you still planning on digging out the transparencies for those leather patched '201s' from your book?

I really like the denim on the 17s but this cone thats on the 15s is really sump'm. My favorite along with the very unique denim on the 1911 333s and I love the denim on the 1905 209 coveralls. The denim on the 17s has a much different hand. Its not as crisp, its softer and not a textured as the denim on the 15s. The denim on the 17s and the Knappaves (1880s) really reminds me a lot of the denim that was on my 1901s and the denim thats on my 1886s though my 1886s have a blue/green line. The 1901s I had didn't have a line.

Do we get to see them? My 27s broke in nicely. The denim is much different than the denim on the 1915s though.

They're gone - given away to a mate.

Didn't really get the chance to break 'em in properly, and was never really happy with them anyway (the details/pocket shape ..etc, not the nice denim) although it was a love/hate relationship.

(Not really impressed with the last three LVC models, details/cut/pockets-wise. )

- Love that denim on the 15's though.

hi everyone i'm new here. I bought Levis 501xx 1947 W34 L36. I soaked my jeans for 4 times and now the waist is 32" and the inseam 34" but the inseam is still too long for me and I decided to hem my jeans. now the inseam is 32" which is my true size. My question's is it possible if I soak or wash my jeans for the next time my jeans will get any shrink?

thanks for the answers

thanks airfrog and serkis - unfortunately caliroots is out of sz30 which is what i need (i'm a w32) as i heard from Dejan and a few other sources that these oversized by 2 inches.

appreciate the help though =)

No prob. It was worth a try..................

here is a 1915 30x32 for $154

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/levis/levis-vintage-x-cone-mills-1915-501xx-rigid-dry-jean.html

here is a 1915 30x34 for $218

http://www.meadowweb.com/en/art/levis-vintage-501-1915-cone-mills.php?new_currency=2

airfrog

I'm curious about the Knappaves you just bought from Dejan. Do they have the flat head rivets with the patent date? Is the cinch strap too long as it looks in the Cultizm picture? I'm hoping to get a pair, but I feel like I was burned with the Oldest Oldest and wanted to make sure the Knappaves are more accurate.

They have most everything right on these 1880 knappaves. Dr H gave me the big thumbs up so I pulled the trigger on them and they are really nice. I PMed Dr H to ask most of the same questions you just asked. It has the right rivets (flat head) the correct leather patch (its really nice too) yoke (single needle) plain selvedge, my belt is not to long and white stitching, killer arcuate on the back pocket. Dr H did I get everything right and would you like to add anything?