Levi's Vintage Clothing

you didnt actually post any pics of the jeans so its a lil hard, but from tags etc and esp the 1966© and the E, they're 1966-1971... but not much help.

Inside tag with the digits would be helpfuls as well as backpockets.

They have hidden rivets?

Most likely they're not an actual repro of anything and will have a lot of off detailing.

Those are the Capital E reissues. They pre date LVC, and aren't really a reissue of any particular era of 501s. I love my pair, but they're retired until I have a lot of time to do some premeptive repairs to them. The denim shrinks, but no leg twist.

Thanks for the info guys.

No hidden rivets, just bar tacks. Full metal rivets also, no burrs.

I'll be back there within the next few days, so I can get some pics of the full jean, inside tag, and back pockets.

Where in Minneapolis is that store located? I'll be uptown tomorrow and would be curious to take a look at what they have.

Hope I caught you in time.

The place is called Schatzlein Saddle Shop. It's at 413 W. Lake St, just east of Uptown and Lyn-Lake. Ask for Gary. He's got a lot of mercantile anecdotes about Levi's. He was telling me that shortly before Taylor Toggs shut down, they were trying some harebrained business model of mass-producing big-and-tall sizes of jeans. I mean huge, like making size 72 and shit, on a mass scale, lol. He cites it as part of their downfall.

I need a pair of washed jeans for work (bartending/security three nights a week, they're going to reek of spilled booze and cigarettes without weekly washings) and times when I don't feel like dark dry denim. The LVC washes seem to have the best price/quality ratio, except for Earnest Sewn (and the low rise on the Fulton puts me off there).

I would just as soon get regular new 501s, but all the washes I've seen in person were horrible.

I wear a 36 in Iron Heart's 634s, a 38 in the new STF 501s (which shrank just under 37), tried on a pair of washed 501s in 36 that were comfortable (nowhere near SuFU tight) and I think that my true waist is actually ~36.5-37 now.

I'm looking at 1966 Touched or 1947 Brain Dead on Cultizm - I want a flattering fit but comfortable enough to move in for six or eight hours at a time. Would anyone have a recommendation on 36 vs. 38 waist, as I'm not sure how true to size washed LVCs run?

Early Peek 2009 Fall Collection: (SATIRE....SATIRE.....SATIRE....)

1812 XXXYZ Vault (Old-Older-Oldest Jean Ever - Ever!)

Now hidden in our secret FIREPROOF vault, these jeans are based on a swatch of fabric found in an abandoned colonial home in Baltimore; these jeans are the oldest ever. Lyn D says they're older than dirt. Story has it that Dolly Madison commisioned great granddady (the 'Daddy") Levi to make war pants for the militia during the war of 1812 using a material called xxxyz. Commonly referred to as the F. Scott Key by denim aficionados throughout the world, the 1812 vault is an exact reproduction of this ancient jean. Now you can too own an authentic replica of this legendary piece of Americana. Each pair comes in a hand crafted cardboard box emblazoned w/a plastic laminated replica of the 1812 stars and stripes. Limited run of just 12 pair (available from hundreds of retailers throughout the world). Better get while you can -- destined to become a true collectable.

Colors: Rigid, Deadstock, Dead, Raw, Raw Goods, Dry and Dry Goods.

Price: $3,812.oo

1916 WWI Model (Mustard Gas Vault IV Se5A)

The original hidden in our FIREPROOF vault saved a doughboy in the trenches during WWI. As the story goes, during a mustard gas attack, the soldier urinated on his levi then, covered his face w/the jeans thereby saving him from gas poisoning. However, a certain part of his male anatomy sustained minor blistering from the gas ; o

Each comes shredded and stuffed in a special period accurate cheescloth body bag individually numbered along w/a replica of the mustard gas story hand-written by virgins on original parchment paper.

Colors: Cock Bites, Hard-On, CamoPack and Blew By U.

Price: $1916.oo (Add $501 for special deadstock dry goods raw Camo T-Shirt pkg.)

The Fall '09 collection is mass produced by the same factories that turn out many other pretentious high end brands. Detail such as cheap anodized metal suspender buttons w/artificial patina, modern synthetic indigo dye, flimsy low grade denim, numerous manufacturing flaws, inconsistent cut and size problems are incorporated into every pair just like they made 'em in the ol' days. Denim weight? Well, depending on what day of the week it is, the website might list it as either 12, 13.5, 14 or 14.5 oz. However, the actual weight feels more like 8-9 oz. cheesecloth - lighter than many shirts. No one really knows what the actual weight is for the repro or original. If you have questions, you can always call customer service. They'll tell you whatever they think you want to hear, or you can debate the question on an internet blog for eternity. No need for concern though, Lyn D and several internet denim industry advocates say these are the real deal and worth every penny. ................................................................. SATIRE

SATIRE.....SATIRE.....SATIRE.....SATIRE....SATIRE.........

the shrinkage factors on the labels of LVC is the same as 501 STF.

After shrinkage in LVC do you guys get away with true waist cuz i do with STF. Inseam definately do what they say that I know. Thoughts?

it does vary for different models. You could probably size down an inch on the 1955, ie buy it below your size before shrinking.

The 47 is sized around two inches smaller than the 55, it has much slimmer thighs and is usually made slightly underzie (according to Cinch, this applies to the current production, too). Sizing up two inches on the 47 still gives a slim, classic, Steve McQueen-style fit, sizing up one inch on the 47 is probably perfect. There is an entire thread on 1947 sizing if you want to google it!

More info on other models sizing:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=34010