Levi's Vintage Clothing

oh well good to know that. I have the same size in 47s, I could get the 32 of these...mmm. They will still be extremely long for me though.

after wash measurements of a 34 size(BiG method):

waist 86cm

inseam 89cm

this after 2 40° washes...if this can help

Remember the 55 are made big in the waist. I wear 32/32 in the 55, 34/34 in the 47. If you get the smaller waist size and only ever wash cold, you'll keep more of the leg length, too.

There's a waist size comparison here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=599612&postcount=4

+ rep

so 36/38 with a measured 39"+ inseam would be great. check on the waist measured on the 36 and 38 as well, if you do not mind, pomata!

If anyone is interested, the 1947 501, in exile wash, from last summer are on sale at my store for like 60 bucks, I've got a few sizes still in stock - 32 inseams only, like sizes 28-36 maybe - let me know! Also a pretty hefty stock of the 66 super slims.

which store? where to get it. Need one for my cousin. 32×32

Sorry if this has already been noted but just letting anyone who's interested know the LVC raw 517s are now marked down from $185 to $50 at all Levi's stores. And if anyone ever needs help finding a certain LVC in a certain size just shoot me a pm. We have a big database that can track 'em down.

the levi employee left the phone and double checked that the cheaper version are indeed selvage. I guess they don't have the leather patch and are not shrink to fit? :confused:

We used to have a lot in the stores and people bought them because they were cheaper than the selvage version, but it is a poorer quality all around.

There have been a couple of selvage non-LVC; one was a Capital E that came in a one-wash finish - it looked pretty good for the money, around $90-100 when I saw them a few years ago, but it was a generic repro rather than being based on any single year.

The more recent version is severely overpriced if they're this much second-hand:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showthread.php?t=35290

I don't know what the original retail was, but the nasty hems alone make them not worth the price of admission. If these are the ones you've seen for $100, I'm told they wear in pretty well.

Edit If you're sure they're listed as a 1947 model they're more liely the recent red tag, which looks a reasonably authentic 1947 shape with hidden back pocket rivets, and is in a decent looking dry denim, but the ones I've seen are defnitely non selvage. But while the shape is fairly close to the LVC, the detailing is different and there's no reason to assume the denim is anything like. I have no idea how they wear in...

I could not find any info on this.

The Levi store in the Mall of America has a NonLVC, selvage, 1947 501 for $100. Does anyone know how this jean differs from the LVC 1947 501?

the non selvage 1947s i remember seeing were labeled as limited edition 1947, but you should make sure the employee knows what he/she is talking about and knows what 1947 refers to in both the LVC selvage and non lvc items. A lot of times they may think they are all the same thing. I've certainly had that problem before(with levis store employees that is).

the levi employee left the phone and double checked that the cheaper version are indeed selvage. I guess they don't have the leather patch and are not shrink to fit? :confused:

If you would like, call the store and ask them to give you the product code. I will go in on wednesday and see exactly which pair they are.

I know for a fact that in the past year, levis carried 5 types of 501s STF's

1. LVC 1947 501XX - Selvage. Retail price was 175

2. Limited Edition 1947 501 Non Selvage. Retail price was $98, went on sale for $50, now back to $98 (Levi's Mich. Ave Chicago had a stack of these in all sizes last time i checked a week ago)

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0277.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

3. 501 STF in "Premium Wash" Selvage. Retail $98, went on sale for $78. This was nothing impressive, made in mexico blah blah.

4. Capital "E"/Levi's Eco Green line selvage STF 501s for women. Retailed for like $225

5. Capital "E" 501 Selvage. Retailed for $225.

Of the 5, I'd say the LVC and limited edition STF's were the only ones worth buying.

Sorry if this has already been noted but just letting anyone who's interested know the LVC raw 517s are now marked down from $185 to $50 at all Levi's stores. And if anyone ever needs help finding a certain LVC in a certain size just shoot me a pm. We have a big database that can track 'em down.

does anyone know what the deal is with LVC 517s? Orange tab? Sanforized? I'm assuming non-selvage... and how's the denim? pretty similar to other LVC or not so nice?

does anyone know what the deal is with LVC 517s? Orange tab? Sanforized? I'm assuming non-selvage... and how's the denim? pretty similar to other LVC or not so nice?

Yes, yes and yes.

There might have been different variants, but the ones I've seen look terrific. Different from the Cone denim, finer, very distinctive and 70s-looking

I know for a fact that in the past year, levis carried 5 types of 501s STF's

1. LVC 1947 501XX - Selvage. Retail price was 175

2. Limited Edition 1947 501 Non Selvage. Retail price was $98, went on sale for $50, now back to $98 (Levi's Mich. Ave Chicago had a stack of these in all sizes last time i checked a week ago)

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

Just a question about these Limited ed 47 jeans. I have a pair and am wondering about the fading. The inside/underlying thread color (I'm a newbie to denim so I don't know the terminology - weft maybe?) is a goldish/yellow (not white like most jeans). Does that mean when these fade, that will be the color that will show? Thanks.

Yes, it's the weft. It's often left an ecru colour, or more of a yellow-orange, perhaps with sulphur.

Your jeans won't necessarily fade to yellow, because it's the wear on the warp thread that give you the highlights. Also, wear on the thread comes from the indigo dye usually being 'chipped' off, and that yellowish tint might 'chip' off too. I have a pair of Levi's RED, the ones that inspired the Type One, which look very similar in terms of colouring on the weft, and the fading on those looks fantastic.