Levi's Vintage Clothing

I got a pair of 66 over Christmas, previously I've stayed clear of them as there was little appeal with no cinch, hidden rivet etc as per the earlier models, however they have become one of my favourite and the arc is so different to other models.

They are the only LVC anyone who doesn't know about my obsession has asked me about as they look different from standard Levis.

I have the same; I wear buckle backs to work, noone ever asks. When I wear the '67's I get remaks and questions all the time, funny :)

Weight is per square yard. What ends up as a square yard after wash, will have been more than a square yard before, nearly 1.2 square yards, so the weight per square yard goes up by roughly 15 %. After wash the fibres are packed together more densely,

The pair as a whole isn't technically heavier, then? But that would explain why my fairly old and constantly washed Denimes feel "thicker" than my hardly-worn pair of SC47s.

I got a pair of 66 over Christmas, previously I've stayed clear of them as there was little appeal with no cinch, hidden rivet etc as per the earlier models, however they have become one of my favourite and the arc is so different to other models.

They are the only LVC anyone who doesn't know about my obsession has asked me about as they look different from standard Levis.

Ok, dont kill me...but... I actually removed the arcs on a pair of 66' , I love the fit so I have a couple of them and thought it was worth a shot.

Next morning I was sober and got a bit regrettful. It felt as if I had removed a bit of history. However, as I was going for a modernfit jean-look, its a nice looking pair.

Best reg!

If we take out anyone first, it will be Vin. Then you.

Wouldn't be the first time someone did this. It's a little strange IMO, but understandable. Pics?

Great! Hit Vin first, that I'll get me a head start as I'll make a run for Canada, Zimbawe or some other place where you cant find me(or my nonarcedass).

I'll try to get some pics this weekend.

here's a pretty extensive collection...I'm assuming this is part of s/s '11

http://shop.sivletto.com/system/search/search.asp?m=128&limit=36

I saw just a couple of items in Cinch, the rest are arriving next week.

I also had it confirmed that the Rough Rinse, made in Turkey, will be a permanent part of the collection, at a lower price than the raws. All the fabric is definitely Cone.

And, as mentioned previously, they have a light resin finish - which chips off in bigger chunks, designed to make them crock more quickly than the raw.

i also just visited the silvetto site. and they have the 1878 Pantaloons Jeans .

i found a fit pic on the caliroots page. why are they so tight in the leg?

http://caliroots.com/c-store/product.asp?id=25099

to bad, i was thinking of getting those, but seeing the fit pic.....

For Cone I was talking about the Rough Rinse models.

All STF fabric on the raws from 1915 on is Cone. (apart from the 505). For the earlier fabric, it's always Kurabo, so that's what I'd expect for the Pantaloons. On the example I saw, the fabric is lovely, a really nice unbleached creamy fill yarn

I mentioned, about a year ago, that Cone were going to be producing the earlier fabric too, but that was an error, they only produce the Duck, of the earlier fabric. (There's a certain logic to this, as Cone only started supplying fabric to LEvi's in 1915)

The sitting in a bathtub method, nice. I take it you are sizing for a somewhat slim fit then?