Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Thanks Artisandenim, that was helpful!

As I really don't like to belt up a pair thaaat expensive, maybe the 30 is the better option!

Awesome jeans should fit awesome - I try them on raw and take a look in the mirror :D

Hi,

thanks for the answers, although they confuse me. Has anyone else experienced great stretching in his PBJs?

From what I know, I'd guess they would, I sit a lot and that adds more stress on the waist ~.~

Then again, less than 12" in the thigh is too slim for my likings..

Cheers

In my experience, PBJs tend to shrink 1-2 inches in the waist and around 0.5-0.7 in the thigh depending on if you soak or machine wash but they always stretch back to raw or a little bit further if need be. Edited by B-Sandy

• 3 weeks later...

Depending on the size you might need you have to queue up at the end with everybody else waiting for the next production run in this denim...

xx-007s.   2nd pic's color seems more accurate.

fuyprLi.jpg

swIm8Yu.jpg

Related question -- how do folks size xx-011s vs. xx-007s?  Saw an earlier post that recommended a SD1 (the thighs seem bigger for a given tagged size), but just curious what your experiences have been.

Hi guys, i'm looking for a new pair of raw denim and i've narrowed down my options to the pbj xx-011 or the japan blue 0206. Can someone enlighten me on the higher price point of the pbjs as compared to the japan blues? (the pbjs are almost double the price of japan blue) Is the quality of japan blue inferior compared to the pbjs? How would japan blue compare to APCs?

Also, regarding the sizing of PBJs, i'm in between a 28 and 29 waist size, so what should size should i get for the xx-011?

I tried the xx-013 once in 28 and it was too tight, but i found out on the website through the measurements that the 13s are smaller than the 11s in size 28. 

In terms of quality it goes like this,  PBJ > Japan Blue > APC. PBJs are worth the higher price. The denim used is of much higher quality and in my opinion is much more interesting than the sanforized JB stuff. Which in turn is better than APCs. It's possible to go 1 size lower with the 11s than your size with the 13s but only if your legs are really skinny. And even then there could be problems. I'd just go with the same size and machine wash right away to get rid of any shrinkage if you think they are too big. 

Hey guys,

I bought my first pair or raw denim almost a year ago (APC NS) and I wanted to try something else because it starts to fade quite alright now !

PBJ caught my eyes (along with TFH actually), but on the severals website I tried, the sizing always change.

I'm rather thin (1,70m / 55kg) and I bought my NS in size 25 (I am a true waist size 29"). So I was thinking of buying a pair of XX-005 in size 26, what I am looking for is a waist of 29" and thigh of 26.5cm (10.40-50") after stretching.

On the official website/denimio/okayama denim, the waist after one wash is 70cm (27.5") so I guess I can expect it to stretch up to 29" ? But on BiG store, waist for size 26 is 26.5" after one wash which is way less :wacko: .

Same for the thigh: official website says 26cm (10.25") after one wash, denimio and okayama denim says 25.5cm (10") and BiG says 9.75cm (9.75")...

There is no size 25 so I don't believe BiG made a mistake picking up sizes but that confuses me.

I am from France so I will have to order internationaly no matter what shop I choose and therefore can't return the product.

sources:

- http://www.purebluejapan.jp/archives/449

- http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=45&category_id=manufacturer_id=9&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

- http://www.okayamadenim.com/products/pure-blue-japan-xx-005-slim-straight

- http://www.denimio.com/pure-blue-japan-xx-005-shrunk-to-fit-slim-straight.html

My true waist is also 29 and I'm almost thebsame build as you (given your descriptions). I sized down one on the XX-007 model. Waist on PBJ's is rather large. You should firstly look at thigh and knee measurements.

The One Wash chart on BiG is a good reference on sizing, even when you pick raw. The measurements listed in OW chart are like the smallest a pair gets (washing wise) so it's "easy" to size accordingly.

just a little breakdown of my pbj sizing experience, this all applies to the xx-013 fit but likely will help others across the board to some extent, being the same brand.

years ago, moving from APC to PBJ, like many end up doing, I ambitiously got my properly fitted APC size (27) and it simply was too small. I tried, and it wouldn't go. this is pre soak, I wanted to go no wash. I tried for weeks, and gave them away. 

determined to get it right, a year later or so, I got a size 30 with plans to soak. these ended up being too big. however, for those who are into it--post soak I got a very 47ish cut with a loose but doable waistband. not bad but not my actual pbj size.

finally, in an attempt to finally dial it in, I got my usual size among almost all the rest of my denim other than APC, 28. 

the fit was perfect. post soak I had to work it for a couple days, but it is arguably the best fit of all my jeans, although the waistband is proportionally bigger compared to other brands, but not by as much as, say, Tellason or Somet. 

now, although I know this is just one of their cuts and just one man's experience, and i do not have any measurements (making this very anecdotal), my experience could aid those who are wondering which direction to go with pbj.

Does anyone know if sizing for 005 change from run to run ? I had a size 31 a couple of years ago that were too small but I'm looking at the current size chart and 32's seem huge in the waist and 31's seem perfect...,,, After soaking and stretching I like to end up with a waist measurement of 16.5 and a thigh measurement of 12 to 12.25. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey guys,

Does any one have experience with the XX-015 yet? Pictures online seem to show that it fits really similar to XX-005. I read that its suppose to have a higher rise and wider waist. But in terms of the lower half - knee to leg opening, it seems to be the same?

Looking for something slimmer than the XX-005 fit but wider than the XX-013 fit. XX-015 seem to fit the bill but i'm a little uncertain.

Any input will be much appreciated!

Hey guys,

Does any one have experience with the XX-015 yet? Pictures online seem to show that it fits really similar to XX-005. I read that its suppose to have a higher rise and wider waist. But in terms of the lower half - knee to leg opening, it seems to be the same?

Looking for something slimmer than the XX-005 fit but wider than the XX-013 fit. XX-015 seem to fit the bill but i'm a little uncertain.

Any input will be much appreciated!

You have described this 'cigarette slim' fit well. The rise is around an 1.25" higher than the x005 and very slim but straight in the leg. The opening sits closer to the x013 just marginally wider. It particularly suits taller guys.

Does anyone know if sizing for 005 change from run to run ? I had a size 31 a couple of years ago that were too small but I'm looking at the current size chart and 32's seem huge in the waist and 31's seem perfect...,,, After soaking and stretching I like to end up with a waist measurement of 16.5 and a thigh measurement of 12 to 12.25. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

There were a few minor differences with the latest run. Nothing major. We updated our size charts accordingly. Many people report that this denim stretches slightly beyond raw so the 31w could work for you.

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide