Pure Blue Japan

midnight

After all these pics, it's a really tough choice to either get Pure Blue Japan (if they ever get restocked), Strike Golds (questionable fitting) or Samurais (if that special 710 ever gets released) for my next pair....

Edited by Chubacca

And my 3rd pair of PBJ's -- XX-017 Cobalt Denim. Bought these in Japan ~5 months ago but have only put a few weeks of wear into 'em... depending on the lighting they either look deep blue (indoors) or vibrant cobalt (outside).

uOmFg4V.jpg

XHLgcbG.jpg

1LyxVgg.jpg

ymrLqDU.jpg

louisbosco, what kind of stretch did you experience with the 24 oz?  The only pair I'd be able to acquire at the moment is a touch large.

I'm sure it would shrink; I'm just wondering about stretchback.

Edited by jyoni

louisbosco, what kind of stretch did you experience with the 24 oz?  The only pair I'd be able to acquire at the moment is a touch large.

Hey jyoni,

Here are some measurements I've taken for my 24-007 tag sized 36. The first line are the raw measurements from BiG's site. I can measure them again when I get home today to see how they're sitting today if that would help. I would say that waist/thigh has returned to ~96-97% of raw size.

The wash I list on 1/29 was with warm/hot water by hand. Always hang dry. Let me know if you have any other questions!

vHX5p80.png

i'm sorry i didnt keep that much notice to the measurements. which areas of stretch would you be concern with?

AFAIK, the 24oz has stopped production. so if you're able to cop a pair, that'll be great.

Edited by louisbosco

Finally decided to be unfaithful to my Samurais and chose PBJ to cheat on them with.

Went for the X012 as I have not seen (or felt) anything quite like them. Admittedly still pretty new to this but even so.. Got them from Rivet & Hide on a day trip to London yesterday and picked up the polo while there too. Brilliant shop.

They have just had a soak and are currently drying in the garden, if anyone is interested will happily post before/after measurements for these (tag size 29). Had them hemmed to a 34 in anticipation of 2" shrink - give or take 1/2 an inch or so.

Can't wait to get involved with these!

The polo fits amazingly too and the texture of the cotton is really comfortable against the skin.

q0lMlWi.png

tSxOirg.png

Hey Slavo. 

Yep def a bit tighter on the thigh to my 710's - nearly 1/2 an inch smaller post soak, i'm hoping they will stretch out a bit. If they stretch out to pre soak measurements at the thigh they will only be .2" smaller than my 710's which is not an issue to me. Apart from that, lower rise is a big difference but mainly it's the aggressive taper - raw they go from 11" at the thigh to 7.2" at the knee, then stay that slim all the way down.... My 710's go from 11.2" at the thigh to 8.2" at the knee then 7.7" at the hem.

There's no way around it - these are a much more 'modern' cut than a lot of raw denim I have seen, so you need to be sure that's your bag.

The denim though is out of this world, the hue and texture are really something else.

Edited by Artisandenim

Thanks a lot mate, i'm really pleased with it! Being on the slim side of slim it can be a bit of a knife edge choosing tops - an inch too far one way and it's like you're trying to be all 'G' stylee, an inch too far the other way and it's teenage rent boy... Seriously though, it is nice to find a complimentary cut in a smaller size. 

The jeans are dry now (hot soak hour and a half) and have definitely become somewhat snugger but seem to be relaxing out quickly. Just about to take them for a cheeky ten mile cycle (or until the skin on back of my knees wears out whichever comes first) to speed things up a bit.

Fun fact one: They lost hardly any indigo in the soak (most pleased with this), however when i rinsed them the water coming out was straw coloured.

Fun fact two: I found this more amusing than I should have and am suitably ashamed;

Exa8Ix4.png

Spelling mistakes aside, this is constructed beautifully with a real attention to detail and i couldn't be more pleased with it.

Thanks a lot mate, i'm really pleased with it! Being on the slim side of slim it can be a bit of a knife edge choosing tops - an inch too far one way and it's like you're trying to be all 'G' stylee, an inch too far the other way and it's teenage rent boy... Seriously though, it is nice to find a complimentary cut in a smaller size. 

The jeans are dry now (hot soak hour and a half) and have definitely become somewhat snugger but seem to be relaxing out quickly. Just about to take them for a cheeky ten mile cycle (or until the skin on back of my knees wears out whichever comes first) to speed things up a bit.

Fun fact one: They lost hardly any indigo in the soak (most pleased with this), however when i rinsed them the water coming out was straw coloured.

Fun fact two: I found this more amusing than I should have and am suitably ashamed;

Exa8Ix4.png

Spelling mistakes aside, this is constructed beautifully with a real attention to detail and i couldn't be more pleased with it

Yes, spelling mistakes add to the fun

Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

• 2 weeks later...