Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Machine washing...it kills me watching all that dye swirl down the drain.  I do machine dry unsanforized like a muthafucka though.  Hot soak in the tub and machine dry inside out, 2-3 times again and again just whatever lol.  That will shrinkydink them down as well.  Just give them a final hot soak with hang dry to remove dryer wrinkling and crisp em up a bit.

Pure Blue Japan #6066 size 3

3d4d7865e13a59ddd1a50b6bf8c2f3e3_zps65e0

746311e2fdd2f48d7e6a8b90ea01703e_zps2713

bae764395f8cf913e63d68808e9895ac_zps1be3

155bf5a6ca5e923682858515883cfdde_zps5434

15bdcd07eb49ac4708d37e64ee61b89f_zpse058

978a92cd16b6ada50ff2ed06365b4dee_zps351d

Denim is lighter than the regular Deep Indigo for the jeans - also less slubby, but still with enough character.

Fit is closer to a type 3, which works for me just fine.

Got a new western shirt: #2171

4de2d3a816668e4292e2888b54a302b6_zpsd43a

af62f77cf263a75b55ee4afba90c709a_zps93c9

This is probably as true to colour as it gets, given today's natural light conditions...

68caf135331736fa242301e107dc2fda_zps2378

40476b5626b2ad84e04495bfcc8c78d2_zps913b

53d52cee4ab5e1243a4977f3a6654109_zpseed8

63f20b6fed9e31fe3f3457f0fee6dc8e_zpsc423

7fa043ed9eddd3269f7d39145d1d1a38_zpsf854

d9a0767918f905e801b63ddac12394ed_zpsca49

Loving the fabric and the details - not happy with the sizing.

I have a smaller size coming my way, might throw this into the sales thread if things work out...

Well. Fit looks good, given the fact they will shrink some more after a spin in the washing machine. They could use a serious hem though...

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not sure what to do about the length. I've only turned them up twice and not by much each time, so I might try a bigger turn-up and see how that looks. I like stacking and don't want to lose that, but there probably is too much at the moment.

Right, I've given my 005s a third (small) turn-up, I think it looks better:

https://flic.kr/p/mMoUoN

https://flic.kr/p/mMoTed

https://flic.kr/p/mMna8x

Before with only two cuffs they looked silly, but by cuffing them up more you can still get the stacking without looking ridiculous. They're your jeans, so just wear 'em how you want.  If you want to get them hemmed later you can always do that.

hmm anyone have experience buying pure blues from osaka? I only found a shop called Denim Factory in the Bigstep mall.. are there other stores in Osaka or Kyoto that might stock pbjs? Also, if i wanted to get them hemmed on the spot.. anyone have any recommendations on that? Thanks in advance~

hmm anyone have experience buying pure blues from osaka? I only found a shop called Denim Factory in the Bigstep mall.. are there other stores in Osaka or Kyoto that might stock pbjs? Also, if i wanted to get them hemmed on the spot.. anyone have any recommendations on that? Thanks in advance~

Hinoya has a store in Osaka but I haven't been there so I don't know their hemming service.

http://hinoya-ameyoko.com/hinoya/access/index.html

I live in Moscow and have to get most things directly fom Japan - got this directly from PJB.

If things are sold out I try to get it from Rivet & Hide and have it shipped to my European home address...

Right, I've seen the light and realised I could do with getting my 005s hemmed, but I'm wondering if there are any specific instructions I should give the tailor. And does it make a difference that they've been soaked?

Right, I've seen the light and realised I could do with getting my 005s hemmed, but I'm wondering if there are any specific instructions I should give the tailor. And does it make a difference that they've been soaked?

Send them back to us. We'll hem them for free and do the best job you can get. Email me.

Send them back to us. We'll hem them for free and do the best job you can get. Email me.

Rivet and Hide shows the very best in service once again! A lot of retailers could learn a thing or two from Dannys example. Last year when I was burgled and lost most of my clothes, jeans and other bits Danny had my my new OGL wallet on its way to me within 24 hours with a tshirt threw in just out of good will  

Hi guys, I'm looking for a little help with sizing.  I have a friend traveling to Japan over the summer who can pick up a pair for me from the store in Harajuku.  I love PBJ's deep indigo fabric so I'm looking at the XX-012 or XX-007, definitely raw version.  I'm 5'10" and 155 lb, currently wearing and really liking the fit on my NF skinny guys that measure as follows:

waist 32"

11.5" thigh

8" knee

7" leg opening

34" inseam

By BiG's size charts it looks like I could rock a 32 in the XX-012 or a 31 in the XX-007 but I'm just wondering how much it'll shrink and stretch after a soak.  Any suggestions or experience on size?  From digging through the past posts it sounds like the waist and thigh stretch pretty easily so I wonder if I should just get almost TTS in the raw.

I have a pair of the xx-012s. Go TTS for either pair. They shrink ~ 2 inches in the waist and half an inch in the thigh. And they'll stretch back out past pre soak measurements on both the waist and the thigh pretty quickly if you need them to. But from the measurements you've provided, neither of those fits would work too well. To get a thigh large enough for either fit the waist will be 1-2 inches too large after stretching which can be a bit of a problem even with a belt. Are you sure you measured correctly? That thigh seems a bit large for your waist size.   I have a size 34 which measures as follows. Take into account I'm 6'2 and around 190-95 pounds and these fit perfectly. 

Waist: 36 

Thigh: 12.3

Knee: 8.1

Hem: 7.7

Rise; 10.5

I have 35-40 pounds on you and a waist 4 sizes larger but my actual thigh measurement is only slightly larger at 12 inches. Just seems a bit off. 

I have a pair of the xx-012s. Go TTS for either pair. They shrink ~ 2 inches in the waist and half an inch in the thigh. And they'll stretch back out past pre soak measurements on both the waist and the thigh pretty quickly if you need them to. But from the measurements you've provided, neither of those fits would work too well. To get a thigh large enough for either fit the waist will be 1-2 inches too large after stretching which can be a bit of a problem even with a belt. Are you sure you measured correctly? That thigh seems a bit large for your waist size.   I have a size 34 which measures as follows. Take into account I'm 6'2 and around 190-95 pounds and these fit perfectly. 

Waist: 36 

Thigh: 12.3

Knee: 8.1

Hem: 7.7

Rise; 10.5

I have 35-40 pounds on you and a waist 4 sizes larger but my actual thigh measurement is only slightly larger at 12 inches. Just seems a bit off. 

Hm, I remeasured and and it's about 11" even at the thigh.  Should I go with a raw size 31 in the XX-012?