^re: TAD 

I agree; appealing. priced well, too. if there was local stockist i would have already (at least) tried on amphibious cargos. as it stands i'm contemplating buying a pair for lazing as summer is imminent but shipping + customs kicks up the price more than i'd like right now.

i also recall they were discussed before... might even be a few people who bought some stuff. not sure.

anyone?

Tad is cool. I like that they respond to user feedback very directly, they're moderately priced amd have a great aesthetic. I own :

- ranger lt hoodie, great allround tech fleece, comfy, good looking, my go to piece

- amphib cargos, nice lightweight four season quick dry hiking pants

- merino henley, nice baselayer and a more classic look when out in the woods

I also have but never wear:

- 2010 or so stealth hoodie classic in me grey (superseded by a bird softshell)

- nyco battle hoodie in multicam (cant really pull off camo)

- a size small henley i dont fit

Overall if their .mil aesthetic works for you i reccommend them

EDIT: Retook pics

Amphibious cargo pants by TAD gear / Triple Aught Design. I really like the fit on these. Definitely not slim, but not super baggy. Despite being 100% nylon I've read they'll shrink a little if you washed hot/warm in the event you feel they're too big.

For reference I'm 5'8 ~160lbs and this is a 30x32 cinched at the bottom.

8294951778_dd04940a54.jpg

8294952046_5943423c1d.jpg

8294951948_2d252f0fef.jpg

just thought i should bump this post of yours, tigerprawn. look good. definitely not as baggy as i'd anticipated them to be but that's a semi moot point as i'm more interested in the shorts at the moment.

another concern with the pants would be my lank + height; don't think it'll work out properly at all. might just get lost in the pants, lol

maybe an order (for the shorts) is in the pipeline but in the meantime i feel i need more tops.

I have nyco shorts and amphib shorts. Both fit great though a little tight in the seat in comparison to the rest of the fit. The AC's fit a little bigger IME. Also own a ranger hoodie which has been my go to lightweight jacket ever since I bought it. Worn it in everything from 40 degree temps to 0. It is surprisingly good at blocking the wind. Highly recommended, especially since you can carry a million things in it due to the pocket configuration.

to those of you who own/owned blazers from different brands, which is the best in your opinion?

the mionn has no vents which is a huge turnoff 

i was looking at outlier and might buy that and a pair of new og's for 696

Also was looking at proof ny tailored blazer but there doesnt seem to be much reviews on them

Open to other suggestions as well if you guys have other brands

I have nyco shorts and amphib shorts. Both fit great though a little tight in the seat in comparison to the rest of the fit. The AC's fit a little bigger IME. Also own a ranger hoodie which has been my go to lightweight jacket ever since I bought it. Worn it in everything from 40 degree temps to 0. It is surprisingly good at blocking the wind. Highly recommended, especially since you can carry a million things in it due to the pocket configuration.

could i ask you to post fitpic of amphib shorts? just found a pair of black nike 7 pocket hiking shorts that i had at home and hadn't been using for a while, working out okay. may be silly to buy *another* pair of black cargo shorts but if the fit sways me...

Does anyone have a line on a pair of White mountaineering gloves (preferably fingerless and black), or any of the BLK collection that would fit a US size LG?

I've been looking more deeply into some old photos of the BLK line and I'm feeling it and would love to own a few pieces.

PM me so we don't unnecessarily clog up the thread.

I'm also looking for a good suggestion on a bag, preferrebly something a bit on the larger size and either a backpack or a shoulder back. I've been after a black Visvim ecat ballistic 18L or a Boris Bidjan 11 backpack, but I haven't found either of them anywhere.

Mission Workshop got a lot of good backpacks and messengers. I have a 20L R6, with a folio add on and a roll topp side add on. Couldn't be more happy. Use it every day!

Good looking out @Scamster. That Nau wool patrol hoody is actually pretty sick. With that had their shell-a-tour jacket on sale. Been eyeing that for a while.

Keep an eye on 6pm.com, loads of Nau stuff there goes down as far as 70-80% off towards the end of seasons. Wool Patrol is about the same as Nau.com right now, though.

Just got across from a trip to the US where I was able to pick up some packages I had stored with my in-laws. Hell yes, Maharishi and Gyakusou all around. Some of the Maharishi stuff fits super weird, I'm usually an XS but they're a tiny bit small in the arms, I'm hoping it doesn't shrink much. I've got a question about base layers and backpacks though.

1tpu7p.jpg

The hood is this thing, since details didn't turn out.

I'm fond of the higher collar, but that shirt there both clashes like hell and is getting stretched out and unwearable. Does anyone have any suggestions for something fitted with a higher collar, preferably of a more technical material? I tried on an Arc'teryx Leaf Naga and loved it, but I'm getting really tired of trying to layer hoods around hoods around hoods and I don't think they make a direct equivalent without a hood. I've been looking at the SISP vest if I can maybe find it in a less fluorescent colour just for the neckline on it. They make a full jacket version as well, but I have a near-religious objection to having restricted arm movement.

I'm also looking for a good suggestion on a bag, preferrebly something a bit on the larger size and either a backpack or a shoulder back. I've been after a black Visvim ecat ballistic 18L or a Boris Bidjan 11 backpack, but I haven't found either of them anywhere.

I'd recommend TAD Gear's Ranger jacket (not the Ranger hoodie, although their hoods do lay relatively flat, to the point where it acts as a neck gaiter when you wear it with a hardshell on top).

Since someone asked about TAD earlier, I have quite a few of their pieces - a couple of Rocketworld polartec hoodies, two Ranger hoodies, amphibious shorts, force 10 cargos, covert pants. The quality is very good, although I think with Patrick Ma no longer involved I'm waiting to see if they retain their ability to innovate and refine.

Chilly and windy days here. Still on the hunt for a perfect cold trouser. I´d like something that is as comfy as cotton on the inside and some kind of windproof or waterproof on the outside with a relaxed, regular cut but it seems im alone, lost in a barren, microniche market of my own.

So, which are your favourite,to-go pants for cold wheather?

Chilly and windy days here. Still on the hunt for a perfect cold trouser. I´d like something that is as comfy as cotton on the inside and some kind of windproof or waterproof on the outside with a relaxed, regular cut but it seems im alone, lost in a barren, microniche market of my own.

Winter is comin in the building

Hilltrek Cabrach Ventile Trousers (Ventile + Ventile)

Hilltrek Conival Cotton Analogy Trousers (Ventile + Nikwax Analogy)

Mover Gore-Tex® Wool Trousers (Gore-Tex + Merino)

Outlier Woolback OGs (Schoeller Doubleweave Nylon + Merino)

swrve_blk Schoeller® wool trousers (Schoeller Doubleweave Nylon + Merino)

swrve_blk Winter Schoeller® Softshell Trousers (3L Schoeller Fabric + Fleece)

swrve Winter Softshell Trousers (Softshell + Fleece)

Ibex Tuck Pant (Climawool doubleweave Polyester + Merino)

Ibex Breakaway II Pant (Climawool Nylon + Merino)

I'd recommend TAD Gear's Ranger jacket (not the Ranger hoodie, although their hoods do lay relatively flat, to the point where it acts as a neck gaiter when you wear it with a hardshell on top).

Since someone asked about TAD earlier, I have quite a few of their pieces - a couple of Rocketworld polartec hoodies, two Ranger hoodies, amphibious shorts, force 10 cargos, covert pants. The quality is very good, although I think with Patrick Ma no longer involved I'm waiting to see if they retain their ability to innovate and refine.

Is it form-fitting or is it an actual outer-ish layer? I've had a hard time figuring out what TAD calls a jacket.

Profound sadness...

Looking at the new SISP season there is only one or two things I'd actually consider buying. I hope there are more pieces that weren't shown in the lookbook.

So far the only appealing items to me is the knit, tank top, and the bomber looks great. Everything else... kinda just looks and feels like it's part of the mainline.

I totally agree, unfortunately. Their last season was fantastic, and I just got one of their sweaters today.

On a similar note, does anyone know anywhere (preferably in North America) where I can get this vest in black or grey in small still? I've been looking everywhere with no luck.