Man. If TAD Gear would just stop putting swathes of velcro for patches on their clothing...patchless versions appear to be selling out, it saves them money on materials, and it looks better.

SISP is up on Haven. Some great looking next to skin layers.

Edited by Northwest

Now I know Arc'teryx Veilance rightfully gets a lot of love around here. Construction is done astoundingly well, designs tend to be understated but incredibly wearable, and they usually put out their gear in good colors. But is one pair of their pants superior to having two pairs of Outlier pants?

Definitely, man. That's why I feel Outlier was an exceptional brand for its original price point. Now that's it's jumped up into a different category, it's worth spending a bit more to get a superior product.

Edited by TresUnCool

I'm inclined to agree with that. Outlier's prety close to the dirty bird in price, but nowhere near as advanced.

Also, not sure where the price hike came from, but there are cheaper high-quality places in the usa to have pants sewn than the NY garment district. TAD and beyond's usa made apparel comes to mind.

proof nyc pants are about 185. they're having a promotion of 25% off making their pants 138. looks like they use the same material and are made in nyc. i would get them but i don't want grey.

code is: springproof

Edited by wahwho11

i had some nonetheless neoshell pants, they were cool but huge in the thighs like keiran dungs. sent em back because they didn't fit and because the fabric makes so much noise on itself (swish swish swish)

anyone know of pants that have built in knee pads (like this http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-APRCP40232R/Combat-Pants-Ac ) but aren't so aggressive or military looking?

Both brands feel like examples of what happens when people attempt to cash-in on the look of a particular market. There's perhaps a shred of sincerity with what nonetheless is trying to do, but SHNB (don't you just die inside?) just feels disgustingly unoriginal.

Anyone know of any Shoeller or similar material water repellent sweatshirts, pref with thumbloops.

Looking for something of this type to wear underthe ACR SS-CP2 for a weather resistant shield without the hardshell look/feel.

trying to find anything like that WITHOUT a hood is proving impossible.

I have the marmot polartech softshell and love it but want a discreet/stealthy (read 'black') option.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated but there appears from my investigation to be a void in that segment of the market.

Also needs to be in XL sizing so chances are lessening I guess.

Cheers TP - it really is proving to be an elusive beast, not seen in the wild !

I have various merino/zipped/synthetic base layer but as you said, no crew sweats of this ilk and I think it would be killer.

I'll keep my roving eye open and thx for the headsup on the discount possibilities.

Both brands feel like examples of what happens when people attempt to cash-in on the look of a particular market. There's perhaps a shred of sincerity with what nonetheless is trying to do, but SHNB (don't you just die inside?) just feels disgustingly unoriginal.

re shnb

dance crew pants, hoodies "inspired by mecha designs" and something named after kusanagi from gits on a karmaloop reject model. fukin a. x_x

Anyone know of any Shoeller or similar material water repellent sweatshirts, pref with thumbloops.

Looking for something of this type to wear underthe ACR SS-CP2 for a weather resistant shield without the hardshell look/feel.

I have the marmot polartech softshell and love it but want a discreet/stealthy (read 'black') option.

Any suggestion greatly appreciated but there appears from my investigation to be a void in that segment of the market.

Also needs to be in XL sizing so chances are lessening I guess.

Ranger Jacket LT from TAD?

Beyond clothing makes something called the steel action shirt that's essentially a schoeller dynamic half-zip longsleeve pullover. It's more of a four-season shirt than a sweat (no warmth, just water repellent and crazt breathable/stretchy) but it does come in black, can be made to measure and if you ask nicely they'll probably make it with thumb loops of some sort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9aWUGzpCNgY

I want these. So bad. I know they've been mentioned before but this sealed it.