Silent tees are awesome, but lets not derail the techwear thread, dudes.

Anyone seen the arc'teryx solano hoody in person? Im quite enamored with it's minimalist design. http://arcteryx.com/product.aspx?language=EN&gender=mens&collection=24&model=Solano-Jacket

Edited by Inkinsurgent

Does your brand have a name or a website?

Correct me if I'm wrong but Schoeller NanoSphere is not fully waterproof, only water resistant.

You're correct, and we claim water resistant on the website and product specs. I use the term interchangeably in casual conversation because for me, in practical application, there isn't much difference and explaining to people the difference between water molecule repellency and vapor transmission goes right over their heads. All they know is they can stand outside in the rain for far longer than they'd need to, and water will bead and run off the garment and they'll stay dry. But for the more savvy tech set it's good to be more specific.

how come you're not modeling it?

with the sufu hand over face look?

I'm bashful.

One of the things I was really stoked to be part of developing is the PT range, a fleece based collection using the F-Stop pocket. We still have a couple small bugs to fix, but really stoked with how it came out.

38es.jpg

We have a pretty small, but really solid team in place. It's pretty much 4 of us and a couple occasional contributors, and we're learning as we go, but I think we've nailed down a really solid aesthetic and brand position. I work on the brand management / sales side, and do some product development...but more from the angle of what will sell at retail (ie: I'm the one that talks them into dumbing it down typically). The guys inhouse handle most of the design and fabric sourcing.

we were kicking headwear around a couple weeks ago and trying to figure out what we could do that would make sense. We're in development with Macaframa on a jacket using a really cool super breathable and really water resistant fabric that might make more sense on a five panel rather than Schoeller. If we do dig into that possibility we'll probably work with someone like Official Crown of Laurel in developing it, they have a great lock on fits and headwear production. I could see it being feasible to build.

Silent tees are awesome, but lets not derail the techwear thread, dudes.

Anyone seen the arc'teryx solano hoody in person? Im quite enamored with it's minimalist design. http://arcteryx.com/...l=Solano-Jacket

Yeah, we did a bulk buy on Arc'teryx at work, so I could get anything at trade price + tax. Among other things I bought the Solano. The cool thing is that it is fully seam taped, which means it's actually completely waterproof (Windstopper and Gore-Tex is pretty much identical) but half the price of a 3-layer shell. It's lined with a thin fleece lining, so too warm to wear in the summer. There is a big reflective logo on the side of the arm. A shame really, but the lack of the logo is why you pay a premium for Veilance, so it does make sense.

I also got these for climbing:

20120425-9.jpg

^^^ the bird has been big on seamtaping everything as of late. Too bad it's got the fleece lining, was hoping it'd make a good spring hiking jacket.

Dope!! This might be asking a bit much but if y'all make some prototypes would it be possible to cut & sew the panels in a way that it fits like your wearing it straight but the cap sits up & at a slight angle? Prefferably to the left?

Haven't seen it before & I hate wearing / never wear my caps straight ahead & level.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=D3hD9ZbguIg&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DD3hD9ZbguIg

^^^ the bird has been big on seamtaping everything as of late. Too bad it's got the fleece lining, was hoping it'd make a good spring hiking jacket.

Saying its a fleece, even a thin fleece is probably exaggerating the thickness/loft of the fabric. It's a brushed poly that they often use for pocket bags. So no thicker than a pocket bag fabric, that being said, the lining makes it feel warmer than I'd want from a spring hiking jacket. Colours are great though.

Edited by larssss

Levi's Vintage Collection 1954, all day everyday.

Don't want anything else anymore, fit is just perfect, the back pocket design is classic, great in simplicity. Perfect jeans for me.

Tried many other brands and models but they just don't have that same ''feeling'', usually the back pockets on most brands are ugly as hell or they add 'design features' which are useless/stupid/ugly/etc.

If you think LVC jeans are nice, you should really look into Flathead jeans. They are absolutely amazing.

Patagonia's Travel Belt pairs well with Acronym pants imo. Acronym incorporates a lot of webbing in its clothing design and accessory design, so the Patagonia's nylon wouldn't be out of place, and the Travel Belt's hidden zippered pocket shares a similar ethos with the Acronym brand.

For more classically designed clothing from the likes of Veilance and Outlier, I'd recommend the belts from Everlane for the multiple, easily switchable, buckle options.

I imagine a thoroughly redesigned belt that lives up to the label of 'urban techware' would have an innovative buckle and a flexible—perhaps even elastic—strap made of premium materials. Can't think of any recommendation that fits that bill.

Sue - thank for recommendations, they seem a little cheap to rock with $200+ pants though.

Ink - Thats pretty nice belt, colors are weird though.

I think I am going to go with a Andersons belt, maybe even the one they designed for Rapha. I dont know if I want to rock a multi colored belt all the time, or grab a solid one.

...decisions decisions.

I must say, this is looking really good.

http://www.ministryo...hirts/aero.html

They are blowing Outlier away on marketing without a doubt.

Besides that it looks very decent and the pricepoint is nice. Not the same as Outlier but they are getting in each others waters now. It's going to be interesting to see which way it will go with both brands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SlNJdLHAv_c

I was pretty intrigued by their shirts on Kickstarter but held off. The reviews I've seen said the shirts ended up looking like a DriFit golf shirt...which would be pretty off-putting in a professional environment. Pants look decent, though.

been searching around for a mid-layer and i think i found something that might fit the bill. klattermusen frode. it's not overly expensive, a good balance between function and form, and the black one has a bit of an acronym vibe to it. anyone with experience on klattermusen gear? i assume its decent shit judging by the price and their descriptions.

I'm gonna try and make my first post in this thread helpful. Swooc and a couple others have inquired about Klattermusen, so I figured I'd jump in...

I have been the owner of a charcol grey Einride (1.0) for the past 2.5 yrs....

Here's a little review I pasted from my old, now-dead thread:

"After a month long wait, i am now proud owner of a Klattermusen Einride jacket, Charcol, Size L.

It cost a pretty penny, and we will have to see whether the dough turns out to be worth it.

In the meantime let me help you guys out a lil with a review.

First impressions:

-Really original and interesting design: From the short front/long back, to the slim cut that somehow also has extra room across the shoulders to allow for movement without tugging on the jacket, to the sort-of-weird-but- cool hat/hood thing. It is definitely unique.

That said, I think it could use a bit more of a "neck" between shoulder yoke and hood in order to suit those of us who have longer frames, and/or wear ball caps. I hate when I put a hooded jacket on and feel it tugging the whole thing up in a way that binds and is not comfortable. The einride doesnt do this too much, but the hood def works better sans hat

-The fabric has a really nice feel to it. Like, It is the slightest bit "waxy", but nothing like an oilskin. It's sorta strange at first when you put it on,prolly cause I am not used to technical outerwear being made out of cotton.

-Stitching on the body of the coat looks pretty bombproof BUT I am not 100 percent sold on the pockets, nor what they call the "reinforced" areas at the cuffs and hem. Seam taping looks pretty standard--it will probably start to peel after about 5 years like all seam taping does.

-Diagonal zipper works and looks fantastic, as do the pocket zippers. The left pocket is narrower, to accomodate the diagonal cut of the zipper, but it still allows for a hand in it.

Ultimately, this is a good jacket, but there is one VERY DISAPPOINTING factor I should have expected, but was somehow still surprised by: it is MADE IN CHINA.

"But, so is most other outdoor gear in this day and age" you reply! And you would be rite. Except I was under the impression that Klatermusen wasnt "most outdoor gear". I guess in that sense it is. Oh well.

so yeah man. My new jacket. Boom."

To follow up it has held up really well over the past few years. It's not a jacket you wear in a torrential rainstorm, but that's not what its designed for. I have notice several people in this thread judging jackets by whether or not they stay bone dry in a downpur ignoring the particulars of that jackets functionality . The Einride excells in drizzly windy conditions and in the event of powdered precipitation. It is remarkably breathable, and the organic cotton ETA proof fabric feels much lighter and more supple than older more traditional Ventile weaves.

The construction has proved to be solid in spite of my initial skepticism , and though their are a few design tweaks i would make (the absence of velcro or draw cords at the wrists is mind boggling) they have mostly been addressed on the 2.0 model.

All in all i have been really impressed with the jacket and the brand. They make functional outdoor gear that is creatively designed and uses interesting materials and tech. It is also frankly some of the best looking clothing i have seen produced by a traditional outdoor gear manufacturer and i look forward to acquiring more of it when my wallet allows...

I must say, this is looking really good.

http://www.ministryo...hirts/aero.html

They are blowing Outlier away on marketing without a doubt.

Besides that it looks very decent and the pricepoint is nice. Not the same as Outlier but they are getting in each others waters now. It's going to be interesting to see which way it will go with both brands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SlNJdLHAv_c

Yea, there not on par with Outlier, thats for sure. Look like a brooks brothers version of Outlier. :P