I've bought so much gear lately. Someone asked about the Arc Teryx Solano, this is what it looks like: 

191fet.jpg

I wear it all the time, even for high intensity cycling in cool weather. Light, packable, relatively inexpensive and a much nicer fit than the regular stuff. 

I also got the Palisade pants. Very light weight and a little stretchy. They are hemmed like normal trousers, so you can easily roll them up all the way to the knee. This is what I will wear for climbing and hiking this summer. 

2wrm0es.jpg

I also found an old pair of Klättermusen Gleipner (all ETA-proof heavy duty hiking trousers) at work. I can post a picture later if anyone should be interested. 

If those are the 2013 palisade pants, looks like they fixed the fit. Bird pants usually fit horribly.

Yes, these are from the current season. I'm normally a 30" (or small) but sized up to a medium on these. I would have preferred them to be slightly more tapered though. 

Did you size up for extra room or do they run small? For some reason the bird is obsessed with huge leg openings.

Small was okay but a little tight over the thighs. As I'll use them for climbing I'll need the extra room. 

Amsterdam based or close? I can use a good recommendation.

I use an austrian for my techwear...

But ask @ 290 sqm , ido can sort you out..

Bevers Tech wear department is pretty good, but you have to have patience and they are strictly repairs.

An ace tailor is in Zaandam, He is called de gouden schaar on the westzijde.

Turkish guy knows his denim and leathers.

Ace with repairs but a week turnaround.

I am short and bulky, they tailor everything to perfection.

I then get it chainstitched at Denham altough they might be switching up to customers only..

^ I have both and the NYCO ones are a more traditional fabric when it comes to shorts and have more rigidity to them. They feel much tougher, but weighs more and don't dry as fast as the Amphib (although for a NYCO it does dry relatively quickly). Amphibs feel like I'm wearing a windbreaker, dry ultra fast, and you can pack them down pretty small.

My size 32 Amphibs measure 32.5 across the waist laid flat.

What size are you? I still have a sz 30 NYCO Force 10 in Khaki if you want a good deal. I've been too lazy in pushing to sell them.

Thanks for the info! I am actually a 34 waist. I hope these things are meant to be worn around the waist bc if I need to wear em on my hips I'm gonna have to size up to 36.

Got the nyco in OD and ME brown. I'll report back once I get em!

neoprene's okay for footwear. kinda fun imho; comfortable. 

what i find interesting is the large desire for qasas (esp in urban techwear thread) when i'm beginning to come under the impression that y-3 really isn't performance oriented >_> think willkhitie said the same a few pages back

well from my point of view y-3 was kinda mixture. some seasons there are shells, gsg9 alternatives, techknit trousers, parachute fabric coats. i bet lot of us knew that beforre there was the buzz with yamamoto @erlsn

Y-3 have been artistically pushing the boundaries between tech/sport/art/fashion for years it now will blend rather nicely with some of the favourite oft mentioned here, I guess that is why it is having more of a mention these days, it's ability to go together well with the likes of ACR/Shadow ARC' etc.

In particular the footwear side of 'techwear' is the real missing link in the aesthetic department. ((imho))

In particular the footwear side of 'techwear' is the real missing link in the aesthetic department. ((imho))

This is precisely why it is the weirdest void to fill with Y-3.

Despite it looking the part (qasa, qasa, qasa, etc., qasa) the brand is quite clear about people not using it to train in, etc.

Not that it'll explode on contact if you try to run in one, but, IMHO, I find the concept of somebody in $(x)x,xxx of functional tech wear and purely aesthetic non-functional shoes in the bottom highly ironic. 

Edited by WillKhitie

I've always found Nike trainers to be a good match, esp Frees, Flyknits and Innevas to be a good fit. Picked up the free trainer 5.0 (poor man's Inneva?) in black with plans to wear with techier fits.  Gyakusou Nikes work too depending on colourway

This is precisely why it is the weirdest void to fill with Y-3.

Despite it looking the part (qasa, qasa, qasa, etc., qasa) the brand is quite clear about people not using it to train in, etc.

Not that it'll explode on contact if you try to run in one, but, IMHO, I find the concept of somebody in $(x)x,xxx of functional tech wear and purely aesthetic non-functional shoes in the bottom highly ironic. 

but is techwear cool because its actually functional or because the idea of it being functional is cool?  we all wear black shells and frees but obviously you can't run in that.  we love stuff like acronym shoulders and gravity pockets but not because it actually enhances your life in a functional sense but because they capture a certain image or romance.

hard shells are actually super nonfunctional for most lifestyles and weathers but they dominate this certain style.  it has to be a really specific mix of rain/humidity/temperature for a long black shell to be better than an umbrella because hard shell fabrics breathe like shit and no one in urban areas actually spends more than 10 minutes in the rain at a time.  qasas fit the aesthetic really well even if they're not made with lunarlon or free5.0 or whatever, i'm sure they will be comfy enough for jumping off ladders or standing on rooftops or whatever tech ninjas do.