Acronym.

Westbrook

I got lucky and managed to pick up an Acronym J105 black off the MS last week. My first acronym piece in about 7 years.

Can anyone explain what's going on with the J105 pockets? It doesn't zip fully and only an Acronym jackets makes me foolish enough to have to ask, "how do these work?" Lol

3 hours ago, zer0cool said:

I got lucky and managed to pick up an Acronym J105 black off the MS last week. My first acronym piece in about 7 years.

Can anyone explain what's going on with the J105 pockets? It doesn't zip fully and only an Acronym jackets makes me foolish enough to have to ask, "how do these work?" Lol

Welcome to the world of TensionZip pockets. The design makes for expandability of the entry upon unzipping, promotes easier single-handed zipping/unzipping, and is not meant to zip up fully in the traditional sense.

3 hours ago, zer0cool said:

Oh, looks like you've been away for a long time. Recently, acronym has been releasing a lot of low-quality items with QC issues. Sometimes, they trying to hide these issues and give them strange names or even recall. For example, the last QC issue has the name "tensionzip". As mentioned above, u just can't fully zip up.

U need to return it back and ask for a refund asap. 

37 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

Oh, looks like you've been away for a long time. Recently, acronym has been releasing a lot of low-quality items with QC issues. Sometimes, they trying to hide these issues and give them strange names or even recall. For example, the last QC issue has the name "tensionzip". As mentioned above, u just can't fully zip up.

U need to return it back and ask for a refund asap. 

Is that so ? That’s a shame but I guess it’s an unavoidable part of them growing up and trying to scale up and meet rising demand.

1 hour ago, itHZwhatitHZ said:

Welcome to the world of TensionZip pockets. The design makes for expandability of the entry upon unzipping, promotes easier single-handed zipping/unzipping, and is not meant to zip up fully in the traditional sense.

Appreciate the knowledge share! I’ll search the forum to learn more about it.

Don't listen to Yan, they're stuck in 2015 and cannot appreciate innovation and new features.

TensonZip is really amazing and I love it on my J1, it makes access just that much easier and at least to me it looks really cool wether it's open or shut.

A design brand, especially one focused on fashion, will inherently try new things over time and innovate on their designs. That has been Acronym's hallmark feature from the get-go 20 years ago. They always did things differently than anyone else and sometimes things turned out shit, that's how innovation is. I'd somewhat agree with that on things like InterOps, but certainly not TensionZip.

I think the LA shirts are some of the better items ACR makes. I've prob got about 400-500 wears out of my LA3-ds. These are staples they should be pumping out of their Chinese factories instead of all this other new stuff sitting on shelves.  Increase availability and get the price down big time. 

Also, seeing the LA10-PX makes me want the J29-PX rereleased in its new gen. 

10 hours ago, RapGameTaylorSwift said:

Hard pass on black LA10, but was hoping for a white version! Clothes fitting tighter on E with every drop.

white -px looks so good and thats why I want j74 so bad. why is -px so rarely used by E? such a cool fabric. and polar tech alpha seems a lot more interesting than all the -ws pieces with primaloft

13 hours ago, futurecowboy2099 said:

white -px looks so good and thats why I want j74 so bad. why is -px so rarely used by E? such a cool fabric. and polar tech alpha seems a lot more interesting than all the -ws pieces with primaloft

I like both WS and PX fabrics, but agreed would like to see more PX. Alpha and Primaloft are not really comparable – primaloft is significantly warmer at the weight Acronym is using. Even though it's not as warm, the white J74 is probably my most worn Acronym jacket over the years. It's so easy to layer with.

18 hours ago, futurecowboy2099 said:

Honestly white is a bit of a stretch. Whatever lights and camera settings they use on the site really misrepresent it imo. I’d say it’s more of a silver if anything. Cause it definitely looks weird to wear with actual white. Personally I rock it with off whites and pale colours like dusty rose or alpha green.  I love the px as an insulator cause it just slides so nicely under other layers, but the insulation in a lot of the px jackets is not nearly as warm as the ws equivalents. For example, my j50 is a heck of a lot warmer than my j74 or j78.  Personally I like ws for outer layers and px for inner layers. It’s a shame then j78 doesn’t come with an aux zip..

late to the game but forever combo for me would be 

J36-S
J58-WS
P10A-E

honourable mention
J68-WS

(however i am still looking for a J68-S and P24A-DS in black medium!)

so we talked about our fav jackets and pants, but what about bags? even when I dont wear acronym pants or a jacket or anything else I always at least have my most used bag on me

fav bag: 3A-2. breaks the rules of physics and can fit more inside than actual space the bag takes up

”grail” bag: 3A-5. after a lot of reading here on Sufu came to the conclusion that the non-TS has more utility. want to pick one up when the right color and fabric is available 

Edited by futurecowboy2099

21 hours ago, moneytalks said:

late to the game but forever combo for me would be 

J36-S
J58-WS
P10A-E

honourable mention
J68-WS

(however i am still looking for a J68-S and P24A-DS in black medium!)

Simple but great load out. I'm pretty much on the same boat. 

Hey all,

Just wondering what other brand do you guys like to pair with your acronym joints? Personally for me feel like a full ACR fit is overkill most of the time and i tend to pair my pieces with some Visvim, Snowpeak and some kiko here and there, was wondering are there any other brand you guys feel match/compliment the ACR colour pallete/silhouette

1 hour ago, emilpops said:

Hey all,

Just wondering what other brand do you guys like to pair with your acronym joints? Personally for me feel like a full ACR fit is overkill most of the time and i tend to pair my pieces with some Visvim, Snowpeak and some kiko here and there, was wondering are there any other brand you guys feel match/compliment the ACR colour pallete/silhouette

Over time, looking at Acronym and Techwear as a whole, I've been having higher preference over fit's and not costumes. What can bring people into the brand/genre is the certainly the functionality and quality, but the first experience is usually the tech ninja hypebeast look that may have been popularized in 2016ish. Straps, pockets, military. This may or may not be related to the overkill you're thinking of.

I don't mind full ACR fit's when it gets a bit more simple. Do you really need the P23A's when you aren't even utilizing the capacity on those or your J28? Maybe the standard P23 would be sufficient for that use case.

Nowadays I go for different ACR pieces than I normally would have back then. I think that's why the P39-M was so popular even though it's so "pedestrian", although the cheaper pricing may also have played into that. You can also look at the sales of the recent LA6B-DS. There is definitely a time and a place for going full on display, but I like the hidden capability Greyman aesthetic where its more subtle and that can still be achieved with majority ACR.

Another point of consideration is if you're going to be spending a significant amount of money on a single jacket that it may as well be the more outlandish ones because otherwise you would be purchasing cheaper from a different brand, but I digress...

Anyway here's some "normal" fits that are full ACR and aren't overkill imo.

image.thumb.png.324bf6da01d870b26d6484e52b282528.png

image.png.f0cb77a85d26342c160ccb85dd49a95b.png

image.thumb.png.09eb9ee0ee3581fb059f9fcca2bb531d.png

(didn't wanna go only tapered)

Edited by bboysparrow