Jump to content
Westbrook

Acronym.

Recommended Posts

I’m fairly new to this thread and went through the history but couldn’t find an answer. I got a stain on the microgrid and don’t know if I can remove it or if it can’t be removed at all. Any ideas? Got the stain from Vaseline lol  

pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/Rb6rRFd

Edited by Koré

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Roofmann said:

I have all three. I have never done an objective warmth comparison, however the j83 seems to be the warmest. I was taking the dog for a long walk yesterday and it was quite warm about +12 Celsius. I was wearing the j-68. It was too warm for that jacket. However,I didn't have to use the sling I just opened the zipper and I was fine. I would have had to remove the J83. 

Something to consider as well, the J83 has a really crappy zipper. It's a fine-toothed silver YKK. It tends to bind really easily  near the bottom and you must take extreme care to align everything perfectly before pulling it up or down. I have lubricated it with zipper lubricants and it helps but I am sure I am going to have to replace it sooner rather than later. The other two have larger-toothed YKK's but they are much easier to use. I thought it might break-in but it seems to be getting worse.

The J83 is the most expensive too!

Update. I wore the j-68 out this morning to walk the dog . I t confirmed what I said before that the j-83 is warmer than the j-68 and the j58. It feels more substantial too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven’t seen it on here so I may be stating the obvious but PayPal offer free returns if you paid for the item through them. I’ve just returned an item back to Acronym and claimed the shipping cost back on PayPal. Click on the Acronym purchase on your PayPal account then the ‘request return shipping refund’ button.

Happy trying things on:D.

UK Buyers. Found out maximum refund they offer is £15. You can do this 12 times per calendar year.

Edited by FelixRevolt
Extra info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

I haven’t seen it on here so I may be stating the obvious but PayPal offer free returns if you paid for the item through them. I’ve just returned an item back to Acronym and claimed the shipping cost back on PayPal. Click on the Acronym purchase on your PayPal account then the ‘request return shipping refund’ button.

Happy trying things on:D.

Where are you based? How does this work with getting back customs fees?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FelixRevolt said:

I’m UK based so I’m not sure about the rest of the world n custom fees.

It also applies to the Netherlands with a max refund of €30. PayPal US doesn't have this service afaik.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Hergert said:

is j83 warmer than j68 or j58 looking for a mid layer for -10celsius 

Yes, in my opinion. It's just subjective of course, but my j83 seems considerably warmer than my j68 or my j58.

It also seems more "water resistant." It's a great jacket, but I caution you on the shitty zipper! It's a POS and not worthy of a garment at this price point! Shame on YKK for manufacturing such a POS and shame on Acronym for installing it. At this price point we should expect perfection!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EternalP2 said:

It also applies to the Netherlands with a max refund of €30. PayPal US doesn't have this service afaik.

The program exists in the US as well, but be forewarned that if your PayPal account is a business rather than personal account (as will be the case for many here since Grailed forced sellers to 'upgrade' to business accounts), you aren't eligible. I learned this the hard way only after numerous back-and-forths with some pretty clueless PayPal customer service agents ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UK Buyers. PayPals return shipping refund is capped at £15. You can do this 12 times per calendar year. Every little helps I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

UK Buyers. PayPals return shipping refund is capped at £15. You can do this 12 times per calendar year. Every little helps I guess.

I didn't realize this service was offered, would be nice if they would leverage the size of their company and offer labels or even discounted labels in lieu of refunds.  Returns to ACR from the US are way too expensive and a company like PayPal could certainly negotiate a better rate.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bout to receive a Raf J68-PL from ACR and used HTS Code 6201.93.47 with UPS to get $128.42 in customs fees.  You guys get something similar?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got the J68-PL Raf from ssense but didn't receive bag.... just tissue paper and the shipping box lol

was this released without a bag ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most likely an ssense logistics issue, you'd be surprised how many retailers/web-stores toss out garment packaging 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Archival said:

Got the J68-PL Raf from ssense but didn't receive bag.... just tissue paper and the shipping box lol

was this released without a bag ?

I ordered an Acronym item from Ssense in the past and got it without the bag and sheet. I emailed them and they claimed they never received a bag and sheet, which seems unlikely to me. I imagine they just toss them out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's too bad about SSENSE, cause they're otherwise a top notch retailer with great customer service.

If ordering from Canada, Haven is good at shipping full pack with bag and spec sheet. Not sure about ANNMS Shop - curious if anyone ordered from them and received full pack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question. This is the hem toggle on the right right side of j1a-gt2.2. How does this toggle hold if the gauge of the bungee is low? 
~Lefty

image.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently in UPS tax limbo with my p31a-ds from the mothersite.

I called a UPS broker, they stated the vat # is an overseas number and will not work, they need a US tax ID for my package... I contacted acronym and they said they provided everything. Asked if they can contact UPS to correct this, they just told me to forward my invoice to them as it has everything they need... So now I've CC'd them in my email to the UPS broker explaining the situation.

Anyone dealt with this before? It's pretty frustrating as I'm on week 2 now of waiting for this package and it seems that Acronym needs to get in contact with UPS over this, as it shouldn't be my problem to deal with, they need a tax ID from the shipper. Not the end of the world but I've never had this issue when ordering directly from acronym :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ayayron said:

Currently in UPS tax limbo with my p31a-ds from the mothersite.

I called a UPS broker, they stated the vat # is an overseas number and will not work, they need a US tax ID for my package... I contacted acronym and they said they provided everything. Asked if they can contact UPS to correct this, they just told me to forward my invoice to them as it has everything they need... So now I've CC'd them in my email to the UPS broker explaining the situation.

Anyone dealt with this before? It's pretty frustrating as I'm on week 2 now of waiting for this package and it seems that Acronym needs to get in contact with UPS over this, as it shouldn't be my problem to deal with, they need a tax ID from the shipper. Not the end of the world but I've never had this issue when ordering directly from acronym :/

If it's anything like my past mothersite orders, it's not that they need a tax ID from the shipper, but that they need a tax ID from the importer (you). You can just give UPS your SSN since it's a personal import.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ayayron said:

Currently in UPS tax limbo with my p31a-ds from the mothersite.

I called a UPS broker, they stated the vat # is an overseas number and will not work, they need a US tax ID for my package... I contacted acronym and they said they provided everything. Asked if they can contact UPS to correct this, they just told me to forward my invoice to them as it has everything they need... So now I've CC'd them in my email to the UPS broker explaining the situation.

Anyone dealt with this before? It's pretty frustrating as I'm on week 2 now of waiting for this package and it seems that Acronym needs to get in contact with UPS over this, as it shouldn't be my problem to deal with, they need a tax ID from the shipper. Not the end of the world but I've never had this issue when ordering directly from acronym :/

The Tax ID is your social security number - always applies to the recipient. Provide this to the broker and you should be good!

I always do this as soon as a tracking number is available to minimize any delays. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BruceLeroy said:

The Tax ID is your social security number - always applies to the recipient. Provide this to the broker and you should be good!

I always do this as soon as a tracking number is available to minimize any delays. 

 

14 minutes ago, ogre said:

If it's anything like my past mothersite orders, it's not that they need a tax ID from the shipper, but that they need a tax ID from the importer (you). You can just give UPS your SSN since it's a personal import.

Weird. I was thinking a tax ID sounds like an ssn or something which confused me... The UPS broker stated that the shipper had to provide this ID. I haven't had to provide that on any of my past orders! I'll call them and see if that works.

Update: all good, thanks for the info guys. 

Edited by Ayayron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After these bustling previous pages, maybe my questions was overlooked.
Anyone?

On 11/1/2020 at 9:30 PM, saskey said:

Hello!
I am thinking about buying a J47-GT from the SS20 season as a hardshell for a my J74-PX.
As both jackets have the auxzip feature I do know that they are generally combinable but does this also apply to the Fast Hoodǽ of the J47-GT with the fasteners of the J74-PX?
I was not able to find any info/pics on the net/thread. The Fast Hoodǽ looks in general really "small". Are there any experiences with hardshell incl. Fast Hoodǽ and a hooded liner?

Thanks for any help!

Or in other words could someone provide some pics of the inside of the hood of the latest J47-GT?
Thanks in advance!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, saskey said:

After these bustling previous pages, maybe my questions was overlooked.
Anyone?

Or in other words could someone provide some pics of the inside of the hood of the latest J47-GT?
Thanks in advance!

 

Yes it’s pretty much backwards compatible with any hood with brim adjustments, aux zip or not. Second slide is a 74 in 47ts which should be the same.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6s_W9mg6Mf/?igshid=x7ts4u8r9voh

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently pushed back until November 23rd. If anyone else can confirm with any of their local boutiques that carry Acronym, that'd be good to know if it's just Hotoveli Hotoveli.thumb.png.09bdb87b1857a2e81619ffe171029e3f.pngor everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jasonlao said:

Apparently pushed back until November 23rd. If anyone else can confirm with any of their local boutiques that carry Acronym, that'd be good to know if it's just Hotoveli Hotoveli.thumb.png.09bdb87b1857a2e81619ffe171029e3f.pngor everyone.

That’s what others have said here too when I asked not too longer after the 1st drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 8:56 PM, BruceLeroy said:

That’s what others have said here too when I asked not too longer after the 1st drop. 

I don't understand why people KEEP mentioning that Hotoveli has had their release pushed back - I already knew/know that. However, I don't think anyone has ever said anything about any other store.

I'm just trying to find out more information regarding if this delayed drop is just a Hotoveli thing or if it's a every store thing. :(

Edit: Next drop is November 23

Edited by jasonlao

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New AEXONET arg media drop, two vids and a few updates with hints for the future. 
To cut down on spamming stuff I've made a discord server dedicated to the ARG, if you would like to join please do feel free to join. I'll only post major stuff here for yall.

https://discord.gg/ERHRNm6Q5y

Edited by SlackJackflack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now