Westbrook

Acronym.

I think you’ll be fine with any of those choices. 

primaloft is just thinner than climashield.  They both have the same heat efficiency.  The difference will be the hem on the j68 vs 83 and 58. You’ll have to use the shock cord to cinch (un-cinch to dump heat) the hem on the 68. 

I had the elastic hem on my J58 replaced with a longer piece to relieve some of the bunching when unzipped, much happier with the fit now.  

Any first impressions on the Evolution? Mine just came in and I’m pretty into it but I missed the fact that it doesn’t have any pockets for your hands so I’m feeling a bit lost with that :D

You can’t access hand pockets under a climbing harness/military vest.

Chest level Napoleon pockets were the solution.

15 minutes ago, Cornuto said:

You can’t access hand pockets under a climbing harness/military vest.

Chest level Napoleon pockets were the solution.

Yeah it makes total sense and this is my ignorance for not picking up on that prior to purchase. Being that this one was for casual wear in my case I’m not sure it will work out in this instance but it’s an otherwise lovely piece.

Yeah honestly I was half expecting it to be butchered but it came out very clean. Got pics of it on?

@markdjr Holy shit, that's super clean. We definitely need some pictures to see how it fits. Might look into getting this done too as the only thing I hate about the J58 is the bunching of elastic hem.

Also, does anyone know if it's only Hotoveli that's releasing the 2nd drop on November 23rd, or is everywhere also delayed from the original date of November 16th?

https://www.hotoveli.com/collections/acronym/

6 hours ago, markdjr said:

I think I had to order 5 or 6 pieces of elastic before I found the right match to the OE elastic, I have a really good tailor here that has nailed a couple of other ACR mods for me in the past.  

That looks great man, if mine had fit me, I would've copied you for sure!

2 hours ago, jasonlao said:

Also, does anyone know if it's only Hotoveli that's releasing the 2nd drop on November 23rd, or is everywhere also delayed from the original date of November 16th?

I think I mentioned the date change earlier, but I'm pretty sure the two drops have been merged into one, so no more 16th November, just 23rd. Not sure if this will be the same for mothersite, so unless somebody who knows wants to chime in, I guess only time will tell.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Hergert said:

is j83 warmer than j68 or j58 looking for a mid layer for -10celsius 

I have all three. I have never done an objective warmth comparison, however the j83 seems to be the warmest. I was taking the dog for a long walk yesterday and it was quite warm about +12 Celsius. I was wearing the j-68. It was too warm for that jacket. However,I didn't have to use the sling I just opened the zipper and I was fine. I would have had to remove the J83. 

Something to consider as well, the J83 has a really crappy zipper. It's a fine-toothed silver YKK. It tends to bind really easily  near the bottom and you must take extreme care to align everything perfectly before pulling it up or down. I have lubricated it with zipper lubricants and it helps but I am sure I am going to have to replace it sooner rather than later. The other two have larger-toothed YKK's but they are much easier to use. I thought it might break-in but it seems to be getting worse.

The J83 is the most expensive too!

I’m fairly new to this thread and went through the history but couldn’t find an answer. I got a stain on the microgrid and don’t know if I can remove it or if it can’t be removed at all. Any ideas? Got the stain from Vaseline lol  

pics: https://imgur.com/gallery/Rb6rRFd

Edited by Koré

7 hours ago, Roofmann said:

I have all three. I have never done an objective warmth comparison, however the j83 seems to be the warmest. I was taking the dog for a long walk yesterday and it was quite warm about +12 Celsius. I was wearing the j-68. It was too warm for that jacket. However,I didn't have to use the sling I just opened the zipper and I was fine. I would have had to remove the J83. 

Something to consider as well, the J83 has a really crappy zipper. It's a fine-toothed silver YKK. It tends to bind really easily  near the bottom and you must take extreme care to align everything perfectly before pulling it up or down. I have lubricated it with zipper lubricants and it helps but I am sure I am going to have to replace it sooner rather than later. The other two have larger-toothed YKK's but they are much easier to use. I thought it might break-in but it seems to be getting worse.

The J83 is the most expensive too!

Update. I wore the j-68 out this morning to walk the dog . I t confirmed what I said before that the j-83 is warmer than the j-68 and the j58. It feels more substantial too!

I haven’t seen it on here so I may be stating the obvious but PayPal offer free returns if you paid for the item through them. I’ve just returned an item back to Acronym and claimed the shipping cost back on PayPal. Click on the Acronym purchase on your PayPal account then the ‘request return shipping refund’ button.

Happy trying things on:D.

UK Buyers. Found out maximum refund they offer is £15. You can do this 12 times per calendar year.

Edited by FelixRevolt
Extra info

3 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

I haven’t seen it on here so I may be stating the obvious but PayPal offer free returns if you paid for the item through them. I’ve just returned an item back to Acronym and claimed the shipping cost back on PayPal. Click on the Acronym purchase on your PayPal account then the ‘request return shipping refund’ button.

Happy trying things on:D.

Where are you based? How does this work with getting back customs fees?

1 hour ago, FelixRevolt said:

I’m UK based so I’m not sure about the rest of the world n custom fees.

It also applies to the Netherlands with a max refund of €30. PayPal US doesn't have this service afaik.

On 11/4/2020 at 5:04 PM, Hergert said:

is j83 warmer than j68 or j58 looking for a mid layer for -10celsius 

Yes, in my opinion. It's just subjective of course, but my j83 seems considerably warmer than my j68 or my j58.

It also seems more "water resistant." It's a great jacket, but I caution you on the shitty zipper! It's a POS and not worthy of a garment at this price point! Shame on YKK for manufacturing such a POS and shame on Acronym for installing it. At this price point we should expect perfection!!!

8 hours ago, EternalP2 said:

It also applies to the Netherlands with a max refund of €30. PayPal US doesn't have this service afaik.

The program exists in the US as well, but be forewarned that if your PayPal account is a business rather than personal account (as will be the case for many here since Grailed forced sellers to 'upgrade' to business accounts), you aren't eligible. I learned this the hard way only after numerous back-and-forths with some pretty clueless PayPal customer service agents ...

UK Buyers. PayPals return shipping refund is capped at £15. You can do this 12 times per calendar year. Every little helps I guess.

5 hours ago, FelixRevolt said:

UK Buyers. PayPals return shipping refund is capped at £15. You can do this 12 times per calendar year. Every little helps I guess.

I didn't realize this service was offered, would be nice if they would leverage the size of their company and offer labels or even discounted labels in lieu of refunds.  Returns to ACR from the US are way too expensive and a company like PayPal could certainly negotiate a better rate.