Acronym.

Westbrook

Even though I love mine and use it every day, have to agree with everyone here, I can't carry my laptop/other heavier loads in it at all.

Mostly use it for misc items and maybe a change of clothes after I get off work. Works perfect for that.

I've been trying to make sense of these sizing measurements and comparing them to the images on the site and to stuff I had saved, and I can't seem to figure this one out:

Is it possible that the J58-WS will have more room for wider/bigger shoulders than the J51-WS. Same for the J56-GT compared to the J27-GT.

Lol all acronym gear is a little geeky. 

I initially was kind of bummed with my 3ts but now I'm enjoying it a lot. I shortened the strap and now I can cinch it up higher and have it rest higher on my back. I find that I don't *need* the stabilizing strap for my normal commute, but I don't like it for riding a bike. I guess it's not a cycling messenger bag, but I feel like it's a common enough use it would be nice for it to come with a stabilizing strap. 

The laminat was my least preferred material when i was looking for bags, but I have to say I am kind of digging the way it's breaking in. I can post some pictures of it now that I've had it for a few weeks if anyone is interested.

Hey all - trying to decide between a size medium and small for my first Acronym outerwear piece. I like my clothes to fit pretty snug, I'm 5'1'' 170lbs with a pretty athletic build but I still wear size small t-shirts mainly. I also think I might have slightly shorter than average arms and prefer my sleeves to not come past my wrists, which I've heard is common with Acronym wear -- do you guys think I should go with the size small? My chest is about 40'', arms 25'' for reference.

Hey all - trying to decide between a size medium and small for my first Acronym outerwear piece. I like my clothes to fit pretty snug, I'm 5'1'' 170lbs with a pretty athletic build but I still wear size small t-shirts mainly. I also think I might have slightly shorter than average arms and prefer my sleeves to not come past my wrists, which I've heard is common with Acronym wear -- do you guys think I should go with the size small? My chest is about 40'', arms 25'' for reference.

small will probably be too tight in the upper arms/chest/back and medium will be too long in the arms. 

This came in the mail today.

Gonna be a nice little project for me.

First move is to clean it up of course.

Next on the list is to talk to bagjack about getting a backsupport and maybe a shoulder strap and other a assesories. I think they have a innnerlining replacement program.

and last is hitting it with one of those waterproof sprays. anyone have any experience with liquid off or never wet or any other hydrophobic sprays.

although I live in Cali, it also is somewhat resistant to dirt.

BC27E755-4D85-4471-A18A-49BB6BF32435_zps

F9E7D789-6315-4634-8F26-9EABC03C8633_zps

darn just when i purchased another jacket. cant wait to see the drop

talked to lars form firmament yesterday. there might be some delays so it couls be possible that the 2nd drop was moved to next week. but idk

did anyone know if the repairs email still work? need a repair for a jacket but couldnt find anything on the new website

thanks

talked to lars form firmament yesterday. there might be some delays so it couls be possible that the 2nd drop was moved to next week. but idk

did anyone know if the repairs email still work? need a repair for a jacket but couldnt find anything on the new website

thanks

Errolson told a guy to use this back in July on twitter:

http://static.acronym.de/repairs/

Got my J53TS-GT, a few thoughts:

This was a weird purchase. I'll likely regret saying this but I really don't like the main zipper on the J53TS-GT. Its exposed grey metal and grosgrain with no wind flap just messes it up for me. I know it was a deliberate decision and I appreciate the thoughtfulness but it just doesn't agree with me. I feel like the jacket is way unbalanced for my taste because of this: the interops and the assymetrical pocket to accommodate the large zipper are all on the left and load the left side up. I would've loved it if the jacket featured a hidden zip placket.

Changed my mind—love it!

Finish:

No substantial issues, the bottom of the grosgrain tape at the bottom zipper stop is quite sharp at the corners, going to file them a bit.

Fit/Features (again I'm 5'9" 180lbs 40" chest 16/33 shirt) went Medium

The fit is surprisingly svelte but also accommodating enough for an insulator. I really like how it fits, no shoulder restriction. 

A few particular things:

1. Pocketing I think this is my tentative thought: not enough storage. If this didn't have the webbing, I would say I want interior pocketing to use when slinged. Since there is webbing, I think the modulars can address this. I tend to really like the pockets on the back of Stone Island Shadow Project jackets so I'm really excited to put those 3A-MZ3s at the holster or back or both.
  2. Removable hood nicely shaped, it lays like a cowl when on the head. With my J1A-GT I put the hood in the flak pocket when not used; I'm glad Errolson put a webbing loop to carry this off the sling. With the option of hood removal there are a number of ways to wear the jacket—lapel up or down. I think it looks great either way.
  3. Liner  this also addresses the pocketing or lack thereof. The J58 is looking more and more attractive since it can go into the J1A and J53TS.
  4. Closure options I like the closure set up despite the matte nickel slider—I think I prefer the buttoning over the Super R. The slider is probably the smoothest of these higher gauge zippers, better than the RiRi on my Ten C or the Crown on my Rickson's.

Can't wait for these 3A modulars!

Edited by CARLOOA

great write up on the j53; glad you got it and enjoy it! i really like it too [have yet to wear it yet - ha]. carlooa - what size did you end up going with? i typically take a M or sometimes a S and opted for a S.

the silhouette and the techsys webbing did it for me when i decided to pull the trigger. agreed that more pockets would've been ideal, but probably would have cluttered the entire piece. and ditto on the j58.

do the outlier mods work well with the techsys webbing? feel like going full acr on the attachments would break the bank and opting for something like the outlier mods or bagjack makes more economical sense plus looks generally acr-esque.

Edited by ddohnggo

Slightly longer arms are nice with Gravity Pockets.

Okay, does anyone actually use their gravity pockets on the regular? I'll occasionally put my phone in their or stash a few dollars, but after the first day or two of having them I gave up on getting stuff out using the snap. I like to cinch the cuffs up too much for the phone to be able to drop out, so I have to loosen my sleeve to use it, then snapping it back into place is a hassle.