Acronym.

Westbrook

4 hours ago, Z-11 said:

The rest of my acr pants are size M but p30a-ds is S.

My height  5'11" (180cm) and weight  176 lbs (79kg)

I usually wear pants on my hips, but I took photos with regular fit.

These look absolutely fantastic here. So much better than in the Acronym product images! These, combined with some Insta images of E, make me think I may want to try these at some point. I wear an M in P10A-DS despite being 6'2" and am wondering if I would be okay with a Small in these. 

Edited by eyeheartny

4 hours ago, Z-11 said:

The rest of my acr pants are size M but p30a-ds is S.

My height  5'11" (180cm) and weight  176 lbs (79kg)

I usually wear pants on my hips, but I took photos with regular fit.

PS As for jackets, I like the way M size looks. But, for example, j36-s size M is a little small for me. And s-j4ts size M is very small.

shoot. yeah i need to trade for a small. :biggrin:

2 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

These look absolutely fantastic here. So much better than in the Acronym product images! These, combined with some Insta images of E, make me think I may want to try these at some point. I wear an M in P10A-DS despite being 6'2" and am wondering if I would be okay with a Small in these. 

The model for P10A-DS on acrnm.com is about your height, and he wears an M P30A-DS I think? 

Edited by hentaiyarou69

50 minutes ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

The model for P10A-DS on acrnm.com is about your height, and he wears an M P30A-DS I think? 

I have short legs for my height. My wife who’s 5’4” with long legs has an inseam measurement that’s not terribly far from mine at 6’2”. Most of my length is in my torso. 

I think for me the way to decide is to measure where the pants would hit based on the outseam measurements and try to see which would get me in the right length range when the extra cuffs are added on. 

Edited by eyeheartny

2 hours ago, eyeheartny said:

I have short legs for my height. My wife who’s 5’4” with long legs has an inseam measurement that’s not terribly far from mine at 6’2”. Most of my length is in my torso. 

I think for me the way to decide is to measure where the pants would hit based on the outseam measurements and try to see which would get me in the right length range when the extra cuffs are added on. 

It sounds like due to your physical dimensions and the ofttimes complex and specific patterns that Acronym implements in their clothing that makes altering them questionable due to throwing off the fit and dimensions, that perhaps this brand may not be for you by and large.

I think you may be forcing something that just won’t look right in the long run.

To each their own of course....

33 minutes ago, brainerd666 said:

It sounds like due to your physical dimensions and the ofttimes complex and specific patterns that Acronym implements in their clothing that makes altering them questionable due to throwing off the fit and dimensions, that perhaps this brand may not be for you by and large.

I think you may be forcing something that just won’t look right in the long run.

To each their own of course....

???

I get a great fit in the P10A-DS in M, so I'm not sure where this is coming from.

In terms of the P30A-DS, if the general advice is to size by length, what did I indicate that was anything other than a specific method of sizing by length (measuring outseam and where on my leg I'd like the cuff to be)? Inseam is an unreliable way to measure in these pants because of the low crotch, so looking at the outseam is the reliable measurement. Maybe you got confused by "extra cuffs," but I'm talking about the zip-on cuffs that come with the P30A-DS. So again, not at all sure how we got to alterations. I'm a bit lost as to how you got from me talking about how I'd figure out what length would work to suggesting that I should look at other brands...

Edited by eyeheartny

@eyeheartny You definitely need M. 8cms height difference.

@Z-11 Just fits, oddly can still see sock in shot 3. (Worn a tad higher here? than shot 1 if you look where the cuff lands)

In the end it depends on the look you want - baggy with tight calves, or voluminous with a slight stack. Plus don’t forget body type, @Z-11 is a solid unit. I personally prefer the mini stack (check my old pics of P23A for ref) because I’m taller.

I've re-measured both the medium and large P30A, and as expected the measurements vary depending on the position on the waistline. Apologies in advance for clogging up the thread.

For the large:

- measurement #1, at the front of the leg when folded over - 83cm 3/4 (matching the measurements posted on the site), 100cm cuffed

IMG-0043.thumb.JPG.a33000f9054731f784d1b87854dc6a50.JPG

IMG-0044.thumb.JPG.0b1a51eb4ac73affc2b3e5bb2debb269.JPG

- measurement #2, at the back of the leg when folder over - 88cm 3/4, 105cm cuffed

IMG-0045.thumb.JPG.3ae6bd81827d0bf70833c060a32decac.JPGIMG-0046.thumb.JPG.bc33f4fb9b9e6756095d694142e6b45b.JPG

- measurement #3, middle of the leg, measured from the front - 85cm 3/4, 102cm cuffed

IMG-0047.thumb.JPG.5e7f6734c0e9b8f2d73cb4effb3f82b3.JPGIMG-0048.thumb.JPG.fa6f44afd8018cdc3b8be15e59fd8289.JPG

Equivalent measurements for the medium are:

- measurement #1, at the front of the leg when folded over - 79cm 3/4 (versus the site's 80cm), 96cm cuffed

- measurement #2, at the back of the leg when folder over - 82cm 3/4, 100cm cuffed

- measurement #3, middle of the leg, measured from the front - 82cm 3/4, 96.5cm cuffed

DM if you need more details. FYI, I'm 6' sharp, and I'm sticking with a medium.

17 hours ago, dreamboatjustsoul said:

lol I ain't no OCD. I just feel it's convenient for me to just pull one strap, as the buckle on these p30a is shitty shit. already order some better buckles to replace them. 

I prefer "tie" style of belt system. Without the buckles but with thin high quality webbing.  Looks fresh, simple and og. 

http://hues.co.jp/acronym-hd-cotton-cargo-drawcord-trouser/

PS. Belt loops and button - nice but useless upgrade for p30a. 

Edited by Yan90

2 hours ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

What buckles do you recommend? 

I made some belts by myself before, I think the keyword is duckbill, they are quite smooth for both tie and fasten, and holds the strap tight. 

https://www.amazon.com/Duraflex-Duckbill-Tensionlock-Buckle-Black/dp/B011SA03CK I bought at Taobao, but you could find something similar on others. 

17 minutes ago, Yan90 said:

I prefer "tie" style of belt system. Without the buckles but with thin high quality webbing. 

Personally, I really enjoy the feeling of having straps waving around me when I walk, even sometimes they get stuck in my car door or stuff like that. YMMV

Edited by dreamboatjustsoul

1 hour ago, Yan90 said:

I prefer "tie" style of belt system. Without the buckles but with thin high quality webbing.  Looks fresh, simple and og. 

http://hues.co.jp/acronym-hd-cotton-cargo-drawcord-trouser/

PS. Belt loops and belly button - nice but useless upgrade for p30a. 

we're about to get the p30ab — with button and beltloops.

maybe the will do the same as in p23a where the stotz version has button and beltloops(not sure about the loops), but cant imagine the p30a working in stotz

1 hour ago, hentaiyarou69 said:

I have a medium J47A-GT but it feels like the sleeves are slightly too short and hood too small. I'm just wondering if it'll look derpy if I size up. 

Post a fit pic

15 minutes ago, Holger said:

My height is also 5'11" (180cm) and weight  163 lbs (74kg) and for me the Medium works (at least I hope)...I probably could wear the P30A in Small as well, but the look and feel for me is great or?

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_dec.thumb.jpg.bba0c399931e0fff051e5ebacb9f7150.jpg

Look horrible. Lack of confidence is visible. Honestly though, and this goes for a lot of people, if you can’t tell if it fits AND IT’S IN YOUR HANDS, should you be copping this stuff?

Also, if you’re on the fence and simply trying to get someone to tell you, “yeah, keep ‘em.” Sorry, we all need some psychological push sometimes.