Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

Pulled on my old FW-47s this morning.. holy crap i’d forgotten what a great pair of jeans these are!

I’m a bit out of touch with the brand.. has the cut changed at all (even minutely) since 2012? are they released seasonally or restocked regularly? do they still come raw and o/w?

On our quest for the perfect pair of jeans.. battling market forces trying to convince us the 41s, 42s, 43, 44.. and so in will be the pair for us, it’s easy to forget those golden cuts already exist.. (from the perspective of someone who wore the same SC-47s for 10yrs straight of course) 😁

I actually can't comment much on the '47, despite having a bunch of FW I still have yet to wear the '47 or '51...
My understanding is that they are still produced somewhat regularly (at least annually) and are offered o/w and raw with raw generally being less readily available since most of the JP market prefer o/w.

It's easy to forget the classics when they're always pushing new stuff, I plan to try the '47 once I get through a couple other pairs in the queue. No idea when that might be!

The hip flare takes some time to settle down/adjusting to.

I thought it was too exaggerated when I first started wearing them.. but I’d worn SC-47s for years previously and LVC-47 prior to this so I had a firm idea in my mind how a 47 cut should fit and it wasn’t quite this

..in the last decade as I’ve grown to favour a looser fit and more post-war Levi’s photos hit the interwebz this looser hip started to seem much less of a flight of fancy.. it’s been my ideal silhouette ever since.

I’ve chased this fit, buying numerous pairs of 46s but  it was there all along in the FW-47s 

Edited by Double 0 Soul

I feel similarly about the ‘51. It’s all I’ve been wearing lately. It’s not really a looser fit so much but it is a pretty perfect one and reminds me the most of my favorite jeans from long ago. Didn’t expect that when I picked them up. Bonus, they’re (comparably) inexpensive. 

My son now wears my old FW47's ☺️  They were purchased from Duke's mate. They are TTS. I can still wear em but cannot get anything much in the pockets, so not functional. He looks good in them, with his vintage Nike sweat and Jordans.

Now he's got his eye on my stormrider too.

@Double 0 Soul buried in the garage somewhere. Could never get them to fit quite right. Something about Lofgren’s lasts don’t work well with my feet. Same problem with the m43 I got from Julia/gonboogaloo. 
Pretty much I wear vans for sneakers and nicks and whites for work now. 

Same.. it always felt like my feet were falling forwards putting pressure on my little toe.. I stretched them out in that area but that feeling of pressure around the toes and looseness around the heel never went away.. 

I quoted Julia something like £25 to ship them (2kg) to Aus but when they were boxed they actually weighed 2.2 .. the next cheapest option was £80 so I ended up shipping 2 separate packages with one shoe in each.. 😂 

Someone drove a lift over a full can of white spray paint and it exploded all over me. 
Fuxkin Friday
Custom s601xx now

@Double 0 Soul you ever had a mishap like this? Haha 

IMG_0631.jpeg

IMG_0632.jpeg

Edited by shredwin_206

Got lucky & came across an old stock classic Painted Desert shirt in my size—something I’d been after since needing to get rid of the wool blend version that shrunk up all wonky 

No decent photos, yet, but here’s a selfie from the market

rfshumW.jpg

Fits perfect, really excited to put some wear into it

Don't know but, from what I've seen, they don't repeat seasonally as a matter of course... however Duke will know better as to what might be likely or you could try Hoosier for the low down

I can definitely recommend the S516XX if you can get one - the flannel is shirt quality, robust and warm, plus the FW WW2 denim is great... I've got mine out again and wore it today