Freewheelers, Bootleggers Reunion, Bubo, etc.

rnrswitch

FW jeans are really nice and the sewing holds up better than other brands but the same can’t be said for their T-shirts. 
not the first FW tee I have this problem with. This one has been washed twice only. 
their overlock seam is just too narrow to grab a meaningful amount of fabric safely. Works nicely on the inseam of their jeans but Tees are knit fabric unlike woven denim.  

IMG_0794.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Broark said:

I have like maybe 10-15 tees from FW and I’ve never see this happen on any of mine before.

Given the amount of tees you have, I assume they get a lot less wear than mine but with this yellow one it happened after the second wash already. The other shirts opened after a decent amount of wear. Easily fixed too. But this is at least the 3rd one now. 

10 minutes ago, vlad_III said:

Given the amount of tees you have, I assume they get a lot less wear than mine but with this yellow one it happened after the second wash already. The other shirts opened after a decent amount of wear. Easily fixed too. But this is at least the 3rd one now. 

There’s a handful of them that get worn and washed every other week when I do laundry, and some where the Power Wear label has almost completely disintegrated from being washed so many times. Have yet to have a seam fail on any of them. Thats really frustrating though, especially on multiple tees.

Hmm. Maybe I just got unlucky then. Their heavy pocket Tees seem better. Had this issue with all the  light weight ones. 

3 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Hmm. Maybe I just got unlucky then. Their heavy pocket Tees seem better. Had this issue with all the  light weight ones. 

This is two years of wear and it just same apart on the shoulders. After two years of pretty frequent wear I think that’s OK. 

IMG_0804.jpeg

IMG_0805.jpeg

IMG_0806.jpeg

I’ve forgotten how my tees I’ve had over about 15 years or so - I only had that happen once, and the t-shirt was really well worn so I wasn’t much bothered by it … I expect holes to appear or buttons fall off every now and then, that’s what happens to well used clothing, regardless of how well made you think it is.

However, @vlad_III you seem to be cursed with sizing issues and construction failures - you’re a jinx

2 hours ago, shredwin_206 said:

@vlad_III what’s the name of that red tee? Really dig the boxier cut to it and how it’s faded!

This was the same tee I posted about two years back. In XXL it looked like it would only fit spongee bob. it’s funny that you still think it’s boxy. I took out about 2inches of width. (Those seams didn’t fail)
POCKET T-SHIRT (#2325001,DRY RED)

Anyone have a recommendation for a FW model if my best fitting pair of jeans are Fullcount 1101? Something relatively straight, room in the thigh and hips, and a mid to high rise? Ideally that fades nicely to a bright blue?

I was thinking the 47 makes the most sense.

6 hours ago, Broark said:

Got a few inches chopped off my '42s, wearing a small double cuff but will probably wear them uncuffed with boots this fall / winter.
IMG-8605.jpg

Was this the pair you had hemmed raw to shrink to 32” after wash?

did the calculations go wrong or 32 was just too long ?

6 hours ago, vlad_III said:

Was this the pair you had hemmed raw to shrink to 32” after wash?

did the calculations go wrong or 32 was just too long ?

Yup that's correct, and it's a little bit of both: they didn't shrink quite as much as I had hoped (inseam was still closer to 33 after two washes) and with the higher rise I wanted them a tad shorter.

Just now, AlientoyWorkmachine said:

@Broark where are you getting your hems done? I’m still debating on whether it’s worth shipping out a few pairs…

I dropped these off at Self Edge here in town (~24 hour turnaround time!), hard to beat the convenience.
I've also had other pairs hemmed by Rain at Indigo Proof, a bit pricey but she does great work.

9 hours ago, Broark said:

I dropped these off at Self Edge here in town (~24 hour turnaround time!), hard to beat the convenience.
I've also had other pairs hemmed by Rain at Indigo Proof, a bit pricey but she does great work.

You are lucky! Last time I went to take my IIY4 pair in the SELA, it was 6-8 weeks. Had to go to the local tailor instead. 

28 minutes ago, reallypeacedoff said:

You are lucky! Last time I went to take my IIY4 pair in the SELA, it was 6-8 weeks. Had to go to the local tailor instead. 

hems take way shorter than repairs! hems generally are 3-5 days but sometimes you get lucky if you drop off right when the tailor is there working on hems so the turn around is quick. repair times will vary...generally around 3-5 weeks but can creep up if we get bombarded with repairs. 

2 hours ago, youngofthesoonest said:

hems take way shorter than repairs! hems generally are 3-5 days but sometimes you get lucky if you drop off right when the tailor is there working on hems so the turn around is quick. repair times will vary...generally around 3-5 weeks but can creep up if we get bombarded with repairs. 

Ahh yeah, I should have appropriately read and also specified mine was for about seven small repairs. It would have been way cheaper at SE, but I couldn't miss two months 😂. Usually I ain't in a rush...

9 hours ago, Dr_Heech said:

@vlad_III continuing on from the conversation in the denim blunders thread about Freewheelers jeans with arcs, here are my pre-2009 (l think?) 1947ish Bootleggers 601xx. They were part of a worldwide tour that Duke kindly organised back in 2016. They were gifted to me after tour ended and l have worn them infrequently ever since, only gently washing once. One of my favourite all time repros for sure.

I've tried to snap a few pics to give the feel of them, detail-wise. They are constructed with many different gauges of thread, and at least two colours of thread overall: yellow and orange, with the arcs and beltloops being dual colours or 'rainbow stitch' as it's sometimes called.  The leather patch is fragile and probably won't last too much longer but still readable.  The tab is still intact but very curled, with BOOTLEG clearly in white.The coin pocket rivets were removed by me back in 2016 and the remaining pocket rivets were hammered by someone else, although whom l cannot remember now.

20241009_131004.thumb.jpg.e0dd66a7b036a23ee8be3f7e6f3de0ac.jpg

20241009_130702.thumb.jpg.a759e35bf47c8f18eea479ac48d0adfe.jpg

20241009_125034.thumb.jpg.a4b1c23d76fb00da7e0ed7a09d18191b.jpg

20241009_125107.thumb.jpg.d65e5eed713a78e04860b727213d8dc1.jpg

20241009_125138.thumb.jpg.2ceda1abefeaf4d843c291c3557169fd.jpg

20241009_125223.thumb.jpg.82de7054227dc477026135be69d4529f.jpg

20241009_125616.thumb.jpg.51625d2dad55dceb57ecd296eb1e0e3b.jpg

20241009_125933.thumb.jpg.1014a875d3109c4e9e0ddd070f70ecca.jpg

20241009_125852.thumb.jpg.46163d16aa807b31b2120e64f527245c.jpg

20241009_130530.thumb.jpg.e26a8798c1a992521641c276520b81ab.jpg

20241009_125742.thumb.jpg.a70abd6d093fd695ba5731eccb44bf5a.jpg

20241009_130401.thumb.jpg.0921d0ae11c874fe7ba816b6bb13ac98.jpg

Edit - Sufu Ai doing its best to scew up my photo orientation as usual ffs

Beautiful pair. But have to say they look a lot like the current 47s. The fabric at least. Belt loops look different now. 

loving the arcs!

LazyS, Does that thing agitate, or is it just  a soaker & mangle(wringer)?