The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Awesome, just got confirmation that they shipped it and tracking number shows it was accepted at their postal facility. Can't wait to get back from deployment! I'm really excited to ge these in and start putting them through some shit!

Ended up paying 31850 Japanese Yen =267.3438 US Dollars, which is just a little under $100 cheaper than Self Edge! Definitely can't beat that!

I've been looking for a plain cordovan long wallet like that for some time. the closest i found was from Real Japan Blues, but they aren't available anywhere outside Japan, or even on rekuten. would you mind telling the model of that wallet Kyle? 

DhaDha, it doesn't have a specific model name, it's a custom order I requested.  Although if you can convince them to do it for you, I'm sure a retailer like Self Edge (or in your case Pronto is probably closer) could order something like it. 

Inside looks pretty much just like this:

fh-fcb-55c-bkxbk-05.JPG

Edited by Cold Summer

Flat Head denim is so unique. I have an older pair of f380, which last I checked they stopped producing, that I've been wearing off and on for a while. They need a wash now but I'll post up photos afterwards.

Meanwhile, if anyone in the states is looking for a new, unworn, unhemmed pair of FH 3002 in size 33x36 then hit me up. I have photos posted in the classifieds.

Edited by trapp

• 2 weeks later...

My Flat Head Wabash shirt came in. I ordered a 38, and its obviously too small. Now I'm trying to figure out if I should go with the 40 or 42. I'm thinking 2 sizes up would be better, but I'm really not sure. The measurements also seem to differ a little from Self Edge's measurements, although I bought this from 2nd (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/fh-7014w/). Any thoughts?

Here's a picture of the 38 to help.

http://i.imgur.com/99YqWjN.jpg

Edited by duscar

Judging from the pic only, I think 2 sizes might be too big. No idea how much it might shrink tho. Depends on you like your shirts to fit. 

Where do you think it's too small?  Sleeves and shoulders are perfect, and the buttons don't seem to be pulling apart.

If you get 2 sizes up it'll be huge, one size up it may just look sloppy. Maybe the 7014WR in the same size is the ticket... I got one in my normal 40 and it's one of the best-fitting flat head shirts I own.  They ran real small this season.

Where do you think it's too small?  Sleeves and shoulders are perfect, and the buttons don't seem to be pulling apart.

If you get 2 sizes up it'll be huge, one size up it may just look sloppy. Maybe the 7014WR in the same size is the ticket... I got one in my normal 40 and it's one of the best-fitting flat head shirts I own.  They ran real small this season.

It's incredibly tight in the chest, it's also pretty short. I agree with the shoulders and sleeves being perfect though. What's the difference with the 7014WR?

Anything WR in the same size should have slightly larger shoulders/shorter sleeves (although on mine the shoulders/sleeves seem normal for fh) and a wider body.  The length will probably be the same, maybe a little longer... But honestly I think you should either sell that one and go for the 38WR, or just accept it won't work at all.

Just because a 40 is the "best" size still doesn't mean it's the right one.  What's your height and weight?

Anything WR in the same size should have slightly larger shoulders/shorter sleeves (although on mine the shoulders/sleeves seem normal for fh) and a wider body.  The length will probably be the same, maybe a little longer... But honestly I think you should either sell that one and go for the 38WR, or just accept it won't work at all.

Just because a 40 is the "best" size still doesn't mean it's the right one.  What's your height and weight?

6' 2", 155lbs. I think the picture makes it look like it fits better than it does, but its just super tight all around, I wouldn't be able to wear even an undershirt under it. I'd like some more length out of it too, but I'm assuming that's just part of the FH fit.

Dang, you're 6'2" and in a 38? That's crazy. We're you aware that flat head shirts run at least a size smaller than what one considers a normal medium?

But yeah, don't go two sizes up. Just 1 is fine.

Nope, this is my first Flat Head shirt, and my first high end Japanese shirt also. I just went by what I was measuring my current shirts at, but it seems like the measurements on this one are a little off. If the measurements are right and the 40 really is 2 inches bigger in the chest then I think it should be ok.

If you're going by the measurements on self edge's website it's not the same shirt, that one came out 2 years ago.

It's the same pattern and fabric, but this shirt (and some others this season by flat head) came out about a size smaller than usual...

If you'd like, I could pm you measurements on my size 40 7014wr.

If you're going by the measurements on self edge's website it's not the same shirt, that one came out 2 years ago.

It's the same pattern and fabric, but this shirt (and some others this season by flat head) came out about a size smaller than usual...

If you'd like, I could pm you measurements on my size 40 7014wr.

I guess thats my problem then. I emailed 2nd to ask for measurements for the 40 and 42, so hopefully they come back with them. 

I'll take you up on the measurements for the 40 7014wr. Is that from this season?

Duscar, you need a size 40, I'm about the same height/proportions (6'3", 155 lbs or so) and 40 fits good through the body but is a little short in the sleeves and hem depending on the shirt.  

In other news here are some fit pics of my new 2111s.  The image quality is absolute garbage but you can see how they fit.

These are great - they're loose in the top but don't look weird or sloppy, even though it seems like they should fit similarly to the 3009s I used to wear, these are actually a much better fit and have a good rise and inseam.  The denim is really amazing, and since these are pretty relaxed on me I think I could easily wear them in warmer weather.  These were one-washed by Flat Head, and I gave them a hot wash after I got home, so they shouldn't shrink any more.

5KF08kI.jpg

sHadEGT.jpg

1cBxCJb.jpg

Also, here's my new cordovan long wallet.

arZ61cd.jpg

naC5TLL.jpg