The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Very nice!  It looks like the taper is suited to your frame.  Kinda crazy that flat head's made denim that heavy, I'm interested to see how it looks once it's been faded.  

I'm guessing you find the black long wallet less in-your-face than the old one you have?

Based on the faded examples I've seen, Flat Head's 20 oz. denim might be their craziest-fading fabric.  It's not slubbier than their lighter denim but it does seem extremely hairy.  What's nice though is that it's very comfortable right from the start, though that may be due to the fit more than anything else.  

I wanted to get a slick, simple wallet mainly for keeping in my bag but I find it also looks really good in the 2111s.  I'll probably wear it both ways.

By the way - I also got a pair of D109FXRs in size 32, they're great jeans but don't fit me so I put them for sale in my FS thread.  They're a slim tapered fit made with a really nice new 14 oz. left-hand twill Zimbabwe fabric.

Yep, Flat Head owns the Stockburg workshop.  It's really just an imprint name for their hand-sewn stuff.

And I agree, Stockburg stuff is beyond everything else I've handled.  It's the combination of their original designs, proprietary leathers, interior lining, cutting and hand-stitching techniques, and burnishing.  (Also, the hand-carved 925 silver hardware is very impressive.)  If I had to chose one thing that Flat Head absolutely does "best" it'd be the Stockburg wallets, hands down.

I emailed 2nd and asked for measurements on the 40 and 42, and if I'm understanding their email, they can't give me measurements. So is the consensus that a 40 should fit me fine? Does anyone happen to have a 40 that they wouldn't mind measuring for me? I'd hate to order another and it also not fit.

I don't think many people have the fall 2014 version that you got, but measurements for the previous one are below. IMO the 40 should fit you nicely. The fabric for this shirt is very heavy. You don't want it to be too tight on you.

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/the-flat-head-wabash-7012w-shirt.html

http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1033

Those 2111's look good Kyle, I've had a pair for quite awhile now but they don't get much wear.

I love the fit from the thigh down, it's just the top is a bit too slim and I wish the rise was a little higher.

Plus I have a hard time wearing heavy denim in the summer here, and the 20 oz denim doesn't breathe much at all.

I don't think many people have the fall 2014 version that you got, but measurements for the previous one are below. IMO the 40 should fit you nicely. The fabric for this shirt is very heavy. You don't want it to be too tight on you.

http://rivetandhide.com/brands/the-flat-head/the-flat-head-wabash-7012w-shirt.html

http://www.selfedge.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1033

Those are the measurements I went by and the 38 definitely does not have a 38 inch chest.

If you order over seas, don't bother with stores that won't measure items for you imo. Only deal with Yuchi, as he will get me the measurements, or order items in for me that he doesn't carry.

I tried to go through him, but he said he couldn't get the shirt, which is weird since 2nd can. Guess they have some exclusive deal or something.

I guess thats my problem then. I emailed 2nd to ask for measurements for the 40 and 42, so hopefully they come back with them.

I'll take you up on the measurements for the 40 7014wr. Is that from this season?[/quote

Yes, from this season. Just measured.

Shoulders: 18.5"

Sleeve: 22.75"

Chest: 20.5"

Length: 26.25"

It's been washed and dried by me so no more sheinkage on this bad boy!

Yuichi's great, but about 90% of the time he can't get something for me for some reason out of his hands. Weird.

Edited by itsbenhere

Nice jeans. I'm considering grabbing a pair too. How do these fit compared to your samurai 710's?

Duscar, you need a

size 40, I'm about the same height/proportions (6'3", 155 lbs or so) and 40 fits good through the body but is a little short in the sleeves and hem depending on the shirt.  

In other news here are some fit pics of my new 2111s.  The image quality is absolute garbage but you can see how they fit.

These are great - they're loose in the top but don't look weird or sloppy, even though it seems like they should fit similarly to the 3009s I used to wear, these are actually a much better fit and have a good rise and inseam.  The denim is really amazing, and since these are pretty relaxed on me I think I could easily wear them in warmer weather.  These were one-washed by Flat Head, and I gave them a hot wash after I got home, so they shouldn't shrink any more.

5KF08kI.jpg

sHadEGT.jpg

1cBxCJb.jpg

Also, here's my new cordovan long wallet.

arZ61cd.jpg

naC5TLL.jpg

In other news here are some fit pics of my new 2111s.  The image quality is absolute garbage but you can see how they fit... 

Also, here's my new cordovan long wallet...

Kyle, that's a great fit on you for those jeans. And that wallet is AMAZING. I love how simple yet striking it is. 

question - if I'm a size XL is IH shirts, what size would I be in FH shirts? I'm 5'11, 180lbs, 32" waist, 42" chest (I used to be 200lbs, 33" waist, 44" chest; I'll probably put some weight and size back on this year). Most normal US brands shirts I'm an L; used to be XL. I was thinking 44, but now I'm thinking 42.

I've measured my IH size XL shirts, and a FH size 44 appears to measure slightly smaller, according to the size charts I've looked at on SE, Rakuten, etc. 

Thoughts/advice appreciated. Thnx! mpp

^ mpukas, your measurements sound pretty similar to mine although your chest may be slightly larger by 1" or so. I have 6 FH workshirts in size 42 that fit well (although there is sizing variation between them) and one that is clearly undersized and too small on the chest. I also have 2 Iron Heart chambray workshirts (although I'm not really keen on the fit), one in M that I cold wash only and one in L. If your weight is likely to fluctuate between 180-200, then perhaps 44 is the way to go for your chest, however the sleeves, body length and shoulders will also be a little bigger too. FH shirts are quite slim generally but they also offer a version with a wider cut in the body, but preserving sleeve and shoulder length - you may want to consider this.

Is there a particular shirt you're looking at?

Is there a particular shirt you're looking at?

All of them, HAHAHA!!! 

seriously, I'm not exactly sure. Probably the wabash 7014W shirt. Or the WR-7010 denim work shirt, or one of the western shirts - I really like the red chambray. 

How can you tell which shirts are the wider cut? Are they wide through the whole body as well as chest and shoulders? I prolly wouldn't go for that as typically I find that cuts like that are too big in the gut area for me. But obviously FH's fit is different. 

Kyle, that's a great fit on you for those jeans. And that wallet is AMAZING. I love how simple yet striking it is. 

Thanks man!  Yeah, that's what I was going for with the wallet.

I'm entering the DWC in the Denim Tux category - I'm going to wear the 2111s along with a fresh 7002W denim shirt that's on the way from Self Edge.

question - if I'm a size XL is IH shirts, what size would I be in FH shirts? I'm 5'11, 180lbs, 32" waist, 42" chest (I used to be 200lbs, 33" waist, 44" chest; I'll probably put some weight and size back on this year). Most normal US brands shirts I'm an L; used to be XL. I was thinking 44, but now I'm thinking 42.

I've measured my IH size XL shirts, and a FH size 44 appears to measure slightly smaller, according to the size charts I've looked at on SE, Rakuten, etc. 

Thoughts/advice appreciated. Thnx! mpp

I'm 6'0" 184 lbs and wear an XL in IH and 44 or even 46 in FH.  As much as I love the material and detail on FH shirts, the chest is typically too trim, so I end up sizing up to 46 where the shoulders are too big and sleeves are too long.  While I try to check measurements, I'd also be interested in knowing if there is some way of easily predicting which FH shirts are cut larger in the chest.

John

how is that a steal? you got it from japan for $242 not including shippping.  sorry bud gotta call you out

I was gonna say that.... i know 2nd has some on sale too

^correctamundo. 

W is just regular and WR is wide body version; as you'd expect, has a wider and less fitted body, but apparently the shoulders are made a little bigger (haven't experienced this) and the sleeves shorter (have experienced this) to compensate.

But I wouldn't recommend sizing down or anything if you're going from W to WR, the WR will just fit a little more comfortably in the torso, get your normal size.  I think the wr is the best choice when flat heads shirts come up small (even for fh), since it seems like the wr really just makes it feel a normal "W".