The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Since Ive only seen like two other pairs online, heres my pair of the 20oz 2111:

tfh3M2_zps28b11260.jpg

3 months, no washes. Shrinkage wise Id agree w/ Self Edge and Kiya. However, I actually did a second pre soak after they were dry from the first and loss roughly another .25 - .5 inch in the inseam. This was w/ hot water and slight hand agitation.

I have a pair of the 2111's from a few years ago.

Great jeans, but I've just found the denim too hot for me to wear consistently here.

And since then I've been wearing jeans with higher rises and such.

Maybe it's just me, not sure.  But the denim is great.

Might wear them tomorrow, who knows.

Thanks guys,

I'm stuck in between a 32 and 33, will probably go with a 33 and exchange for a 32 if necessary. The last pair I had was a 1001, and those shrank drastically wash after wash.

I'm currently in the middle of INVENTORY issue 5 and suddenly have Flat Head fever. Wonder why that is...

Just got my first pair of flat head... The se05bsp I think it is... Mine were lightly worn, with some lighter blue starting to peek out of the vertical structure of the denim

These are some nice jeans... The indigo tone is beautiful where it is starting to fade, but a little flat in the dark areas compared to some of the other jeans I've owned. Hardware seems like normal repro style hardware... Nothing stands out about it really. Fit is great, slim all the way down, but a big enough leg opening that I can still wear engineer boots with them.

Overall, I'm a fan. Not my all time favorite (not everything can be evisu no1) but the quality seems to be just as good as any of the other big japanese brands, and they have a distinct aesthetic... Can't wait to see how these turn out in a few years.

Cheap, the dark spots lack character because those jeans have not been washed enough. The pioneer denim NEEDS to be washed a lot to get its full potential.

Otherwise, they'll get really light in some areas, and the other areas will stay dark and boring, as has been seen in about 95% of posted flat head jeans.

These haven't even been worn enough to wash... But I'll keep that in mind. I'm talking about the look of the raw denim after a soak and a little wear. Some jeans I've owned, like evisu no1 and sugar cane Okinawa, never seem flat, even when they are new. Some, like warehouse, and I guess these, really need some wear to start to develop character. Weather one is better than the other is purely opinion.

it took me some going back and forth between jeans to notice, but the heavy-dutton buttons FH uses on the button fly is a detail worth noting as well; in terms of flatness, my experience with 3xxx denim is a bit different..when the sunlight hits the new/dark denim head-on, the inky-indigo is a sight to behold

Edited by ironheartfan123

Those look like they're coming on well, like Ben said frequent washes will really benefit the fabric.

I have a pair of 2111's that I wore for maybe six months and they hardly showed any signs of aging.

Started washing more frequently and it made them pop.

I'd be interested in a Self Edge collaboration pair, hope that's in the books for the future.

Speaking of fading, yesterday marked one year of wear for my SE05BSP. Three initial soaks, about 14 washes and two repairs at SELA. Needs plenty more repairs (coin pocket rivets popped off and chain stitching pretty much everywhere has "breaks" in it) but starting today on my 301s for winter. Will pick up where I left off come summer time, rotating between these and my SExI14.

15493395314_dfd3763036_o.jpg

15929978667_c2988fc72f_o.jpg

15929978627_12dbaf4fa0_o.jpg

15928303098_8a5d8f71ba_o.jpg

15929978517_b61322cd25_o.jpg

15928303028_663d090b4b_o.jpg

15929978397_08fe90d0e0_o.jpg

16115721685_f94bc9c81c_o.jpg

15493395004_7bcbbd083d_o.jpg

16115721585_a15fe576a4_o.jpg

Edited by reallypeacedoff

nice flannel! going online?

Drew, like kyle said... how is the waist on those?  they look jacked right now only because there's so much stacking.  If the waist is comfortable/snug right now i think that size will be plenty slim after a hot wash.  Probably not best to size down.

If the waist is really really lose, then that may just not be a good cut for you.

Drew, like kyle said... how is the waist on those?  they look jacked right now only because there's so much stacking.  If the waist is comfortable/snug right now i think that size will be plenty slim after a hot wash.  Probably not best to size down.

If the waist is really really lose, then that may just not be a good cut for you.

Yup, already up:

http://www.selfedge.com/shirts

Those look great!  They'll be even better after a hot soak or two.  

I guess you could size down - though I'd only advise it if the waist feels really loose on you.  

The waist fits almost perfect right now. Sounds like keeping them is the way to go. Thanks guys. Hopefully I'll get them soaked and dried before I head to the city on Saturday. I'll need a hem.

Happy New Year everyone!

Awesome, definitely don't size down then. The waist will end up like that after full shrink and stretch but then rest will stay smaller. Sounds like you for a keeper!

And thanks k

Kiya, am i crazy or did they come up a lot smaller than usual? Do you (or would I) still take a 40?

Awesome, definitely don't size down then. The waist will end up like that after full shrink and stretch but then rest will stay smaller. Sounds like you for a keeper!

And thanks k

Kiya, am i crazy or did they come up a lot smaller than usual? Do you (or would I) still take a 40?

They came up smaller than usual, so i took a 42 (instead of my usual 40).