The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Thanks guys.  Honestly, I could've sized down to a 31 since these are not tight in the waist at all (or anywhere else.)  However, if they were any smaller, I couldn't wear my engineer boots with these, so for that reason alone I'm glad I went with 32.

A few of the Roy fits like the KS1002 and maybe the Big Bro Round 2 might be a good fit on me.  I love Roy's work and detailing but I tend to prefer the more contrasty types of denim from the Japanese brands and 3Sixteen, and I like the general aesthetic + detailing of brands like Flat Head, Iron Heart, Strike Gold, Samurai, and Pure Blue Japan more than the more classic/vintage inspired brands.  I'm thinking that after I finish the DWC I'll finally get some Iron Hearts, probably some 21/23 oz. 634s or 666s.  But that's a long way off.

It's getting really hard not to wash these and see how these fit... 3005-A in the same size as my 3005.  I think they'll fit perfectly, but I have a theory that if you hem unsanforized jeans just once before they're washed or anything, they'll rope better in the end.

ouvUi6e.jpg

pHIBazh.jpg

1G8mN7p.jpg

It's getting really hard not to wash these and see how these fit... 3005-A in the same size as my 3005.  I think they'll fit perfectly, but I have a theory that if you hem unsanforized jeans just once before they're washed or anything, they'll rope better in the end.

This is definitely true as much of the roping will take place during that initial soak where you'll be getting about 10% of fabric twist/shrinkage.

Yes, but you will still get roping with many frequent washes afterwards - I've had it on all my jeans, even on those that were hemmed after months of wear. But I try to shorten them before the first soak for the exact reason stated.

Edited by Max Power

Yeah, I know that roping is going to happen regardless but I guess that since I'm not planning on wearing them full time I might as well wait.

I've got to head to self edge to check out some new flat head goodies... I wonder if any more stuff is coming? Maybe kiya can chime in if he sees this...

I feel like the shirt on the left would be an amazing gift for the ladies in anyones life. super killer but yellow is feminine (to me!)

11111412_837827069631479_1823912687_n.jp

I'd love the shirt on the right if it was light brown and dark brown.

Yeah, I know that roping is going to happen regardless but I guess that since I'm not planning on wearing them full time I might as well wait.

I've got to head to self edge to check out some new flat head goodies... I wonder if any more stuff is coming? Maybe kiya can chime in if he sees this...

I feel like the shirt on the left would be an amazing gift for the ladies in anyones life. super killer but yellow is feminine (to me!)

11111412_837827069631479_1823912687_n.jp

I'd love the shirt on the right if it was light brown and dark brown.

I must be feminine because i love the Left one!

Can I get some comments about the rise on my new 3001s? I feel like it's something that's not discussed a lot.

Are these really supposed to sit this low? They feel comfortable and everything the waist feels perfect, the legs look great, but this is just where the waist sits. If I wear the underwear any lower, then the tip of my (excuse my obligatory juvenile language) butt crack is exposed when I crouch very low.

-

-

Edited by Claytonimus

Dude...if those have been washed those are the best fit I've seen on 3001s. Those have to be the new ones right? Since the back pockets look even thicker stitched than usual.

I think the rise is supposed to be low...that's definitely not a jean you want if you want some healthy rise.

I love how the new flat heads look even more...they went balls out on the stitching. In my head flat heads look like a pair of 50's jeans that we're made for a doll and then just super sized.

Yeah, you're right. in the end, I don't think I mind where they sit, I'm just not used to it. I'll get over it.

I gave em' a couple soaks. I got these from 2nd a couple weeks ago.

Back pockets feature some crazy double stitching that I've never seen before.

Q0c2sUE.jpg

Looks like a good fit on those 3001s to me.  That's just how they're supposed to fit.

Yep, the current versions of most models have that double poly/cotton stitching around the back pocket edges and the front pocket openings.  It's supposed to be stronger and more resistant to string breakage.  My 2111s have the same feature so we'll see if it seems to make a difference!

Went from Iron Heart and Levi's to Red Cloud and now my old FH 1001's. The rise is definitely something to get used to again, I feel like I'm showing the world my crack all day. Love these jeans though.

Makes me think what the hell did I look like as a teen!? 

Cheap Flat Heads:

- F380 in sizes 30 and 31

- S2004 in size 31

http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/products.php?cat=salerv⊂=misc

Thanks for that! I've been pretty dead set on getting a pair of Samurai through Denimio, but the F380 price is awesome (especially from a from a European retailer) so I just copped one. (Really curious if I'll like the fit, I never researched Flathead jeans before. From what I was able to dig up on the cut I think they might work for me, but people on the one hand called them a regular straight cut while others compared them to slimmer straight cuts like the Samurai S5000, so it'll be interesting to see how these turn out.)

Thanks sm! Yeah, the Lofgrens look great (and I was close to buying your pair!) but I have enough sneakers. I've been looking at doek slip-ons in ecru which I think would look really nice.

The only thing that turns me off a tad about the Lofgrens is that I think I prefer the new rubber color instead of the color it turns into once worn and sun-faded.