The Flat Head

LFC4ever

By the way, regarding the TFH type II jacket... I have a feeling that this is a discontinued item now. Ben mentioned this to me prior to my own purchase and the guys at Take5 told me the same. I have seen the upcoming TFH FW15 catalogue and it does not feature in there. So if you see one, snap it up!

Ive had my jeans hemmed by 2nd, all is good came out exactly as expected. Not exactly sure if they used a union special, but def looks chainstitched. Ive noticed natural roping as with my other jeans.

Imo if any of flat heads shirts is slim in the body for you, the westerns will NOT work out. I've never had trouble fitting a shirt ever and the westerns look terrible on me... sizing up doesnt help like sm said because then every other proportion is wack.

Then again, the block check western seemed not much different than their workshirts for some reason...

I'd say the wabash is a bit slim around the waist (probably my love handles and booty), the rest of the body is fine. I'd say that's enough to disqualify me from the FH westerns, haha. 

And if they do ask somebody with special discount to order/buy it for you...

I'm a Take 5 member, I guess I can proxy.  :D

Edited by Iron Horse

Chewie - I should have been clearer: I'd just be a little apprehensive about requests getting lost in translation when requesting hemming. I've no doubt that the end result on your jeans was good quality.

I had the same apprehention, bit gave it a shot anyways. I just gave them the preferred length in cm, and was pretty darn exact.

And i sent the message in english.

By the way, regarding the TFH type II jacket... I have a feeling that this is a discontinued item now. Ben mentioned this to me prior to my own purchase and the guys at Take5 told me the same. I have seen the upcoming TFH FW15 catalogue and it does not feature in there. So if you see one, snap it up!

Yeah Yuchi confirmed that with me as well.. What a shame

Also with take5 is all their inventory on their site or do you need to contact them about items? Online store doesn't seem to show much.

Edited by bradl

Also with take5 is all their inventory on their site or do you need to contact them about items? Online store doesn't seem to show much.

You need to contact them, the online shop is just a partial selection of the Hong Kong shop (and they have inventory spread across four stores, soon to be three as the Shanghai one is being sold off).

Measurements for 6002W size 42:

Chest p2p: 22"

Shoulder: 19.25"

Sleeve: 24.5"

Back from base of collar: 24.5"

I haven't washed mine yet so there may still be some shrinkage left. Did you get any in yours Ben?

Brad, I'm swinging by Take5 tomorrow night. I'll see what they have in stock.

As you'd guess I've washed mine a few times, on hot etc etc. I don't think I measured before hand but it definitely feels like it fits the same. Wouldn't surprise me if there was some shrink in length though.

I'm stoked, I just got a killer rayon shirt I've been looking for for a steal on eBay!

Also stocked that my relentless posting has gotten more people interested in the brand! Bf and gel, I think you'll fit the 3009. Good ol' 60s cut!

Measurements for 6002W size 42:

Chest p2p: 22"

Shoulder: 19.25"

Sleeve: 24.5"

Back from base of collar: 24.5"

I haven't washed mine yet so there may still be some shrinkage left. Did you get any in yours Ben?

Brad, I'm swinging by Take5 tomorrow night. I'll see what they have in stock.

Love that length but I feel like it might be a bit to wide in the chest.. But let me know what they have.

Ben, is the shirt you scored the atomic blast I've been seeing? Was watching that one too.

Yes sir! I wonder how that person got it, judging from the other sales they had I doubt they knew what those go for. Then again maybe I'm crazy for liking a rayon shirt so much...

Brad - the chest really doesn't feel that wide as the measurements might indicate. It's not like it would be with a shirt of the same dimensions. Perhaps something to do with the pleats? Either way, a Type II should be somewhat boxy in cut and it allows for some layering underneath (I can squeeze a lighter weight sweat).

Will let you know what Take 5 has.

Double poop. Appreciate it guys, will move onto next choice.

Appreciate it Danny, but I flipped a jacket of mine for the price of a 6002 from Japan or I would hop on that without a doubt.

It's no flat head type II but SE just got the unsanforized unwashed Type II 1953 jacket that seems like it's fits pretty close to my 6002 and the price is $240 

6002 is also way better than 6006...

Yeah that's the first thing tfh has done where I have said "what the Fuck were you thinking?!"

@youngest that is definitely on my list. Going to decide between three tonight and pull the trigger soon.

I can't remember if I tried on the sugar cane (guessing thats the 1953) but I'm pretty sure it's definitely looser than the 6002. 

I was almost going to buy that one but after feeling a 13 year old 6002w I was sold... there's a reason the sugar cane is cheaper imo

Granted the ones we have are unsanforized and unwashed so I dont have an exact example of what it shrinks down to plus it's stiff but I tried on the 36 and the fit of it is pretty close to what my size 38 6002w fits like after a hot machine wash. The Sugar Cane probably is a little looser in the body and it's looser in the sleeves but I dont think it's that far off. 

I can't remember if I tried on the sugar cane (guessing thats the 1953) but I'm pretty sure it's definitely looser than the 6002. 

I was almost going to buy that one but after feeling a 13 year old 6002w I was sold... there's a reason the sugar cane is cheaper imo

what do you think the reason is mate ? couldn't see a drop in quality or finish when i was looking for a type 2 in Tokyo