The Flat Head

LFC4ever

Unfortunately I've put my fairly new sz 34 BSPs up on the market. The rise is just a little too low for me. Looking to move them quick so I can replace them with a pair of 3002s in a larger size so shoot me an offer. Pics are in my thread. 

Edited by B-Sandy

Hey dudes,

Thought I'd share a sweet faded pair of 3001s from amongst the office samples.  These have been washed a bunch, really bringing out the great vertical fading texture - but the contrast is also really good. Aside from re-sizing and cropping, the photos haven't been edited at all, the colors are all very true to life.

HgkG04v.jpg

VTE17Xd.jpg

d3qEeSs.jpg

xFqhv65.jpg

BHddimN.jpg

Finally, a close-up shot of the denim.  I love this stuff.

Hbv9WXb.jpg

Edited by Kyle@TFH

Just curious, does the owner have a small child?

Those glaring headlight fades on the knees only started appearing in my pairs when my daughter was learning how to crawl and walk ... I have a day job that has me pushing papers in an office and so I'm clueless as to how these dramatic knee fades appear without getting simultaneously ripped and shredded.

Hey dudes,

Thought I'd share a sweet faded pair of 3001s from amongst the office samples.  These have been washed a bunch, really bringing out the great vertical fading texture - but the contrast is also really good. Aside from re-sizing and cropping, the photos haven't been edited at all, the colors are all very true to life.

HgkG04v.jpg

Finally, a close-up shot of the denim.  I love this stuff.

Kyle@TFH

your jawns are really awesome dude!

so far ive seen that most tfh with 14oz, they tend to be more vintage look than contrast look

but is that possible to make it contrast? by the way is that only tfh that have a vertical fading like that?

anw kyle, do you work at tfh japan? if yes, why don't tfh make an instagram account?

because as ive searched with #theflathead

there was many post about flathead

and i think if tfh make an instgram account will help gather and unite all tfh denim enthusiast

hope you will consider about it :) thank you!

Kwaker: These jeans were worn by a female staff member, but I don't know if she has any kids!  That would be a plausible explanation, though.

Richiealexander:  Thanks!  These are not actually my jeans, they're a faded sample pair that belongs to the office.  These are made with the 14.5 oz fabric used in all the 3000-series jeans, this fabric fades with high contrast.  The 14 oz fabric from the 5000-series has a bit more of a vintage fade, but it can still get high contrast.

The general rule with FH denim is that you can get very strong contrast if you go a long time without washing (several months.)  However, washing brings out the vertical fading - you have to wash your jeans to get a great texture like in that last picture I posted.  With the 1001s I'm wearing, I'm washing them about every two months of real wear, I find that this offers the best balance of contrast/texture/cleanliness.  I'll post some pictures soon.

Chubacca:  A user from Thailand posted some fades of the 20 oz jeans about a year ago.  Not surprisingly, they look fantastic. 

I tried on a few more items for this week.  I'm having way too much fun with this.

03My4nx.jpg

I'm wearing a 7010W work shirt, Native Blanket vest, RJB D001 jeans, and my horsehide engineer boots.

Shirt's made with 12 oz. denim, like the 7002W - but in work shirt version.

SXhVEXl.jpg

The Native Blanket vest is definitely a highlight from the fall/winter collection.

f2K1N7p.jpg

RJB's D001 is a really nice straight cut, featuring leather back pocket diamonds and other RJB details.

ZCVdX2E.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT POST LINKS TO RE-DIRECT PEOPLE TO ANOTHER FORUM. POST YOUR INFO HERE.

Edited by jimmyc

Hey guys just received my pair of 3009's. This will be my first pair of unsanforized denim so I wanted to make sure these fit properly and to get a little guidance on how hot I should soak them/for how long. If this is not the correct place for these then let me know and I'll take it down.

http://imgur.com/a/1M5FT

I definitely have 1" in the waist to account for shrinkage. Right now they rest comfortably with about a hands space between the waist line and my waist. I was planning on doing a warm soak followed by another soak since I read these things will require multiple soaks to get it down to where the denim wont change too much when I wash it in the future. How long should these soaks be, and how hot should I get the water? Thanks for your help!

The 3012 is a totally different fit from the T&Y jeans, which are the Weird Guy fit.

I actually think the prewashed 3001s look okay. They're not something I'd wear but the aging is fairly subtle and well done. Apparently there are some Japanese denim heads who do want prewashed jeans. Since lots of Japanese work twelve hours a day six days a week a white collar jobs, many people just don't gave time to break in a raw pair.

Hey guys just received my pair of 3009's. This will be my first pair of unsanforized denim so I wanted to make sure these fit properly and to get a little guidance on how hot I should soak them/for how long. If this is not the correct place for these then let me know and I'll take it down.

http://imgur.com/a/1M5FT

I definitely have 1" in the waist to account for shrinkage. Right now they rest comfortably with about a hands space between the waist line and my waist. I was planning on doing a warm soak followed by another soak since I read these things will require multiple soaks to get it down to where the denim wont change too much when I wash it in the future. How long should these soaks be, and how hot should I get the water? Thanks for your help!

Turn the jeans in side out and soak in warm water for about an hour giving them a shake several times to get the water right into the cotton and induce the shrinkage. Wring out the water and hang dry. As you've heard, repeat this with this denim and as you'll get some more shrinkage after a second soak. Then there will be no nasty surprises as and when you choose to wash them. Edited by Danny @ Rivet & Hide

Just soaked my BSPs for the first time and they fit almost ideally how I would want them to in the waist maybe a hair on the big side.  If I choose to keep wearing them and only do cold machine washes in the future will I get much more shrinkage? Or should I do another hot soak and hope they stretch back to where they are now? The waist is perfect but I wouldn't mind a slightly slimmer fit in the thighs and legs. 

hi,

I'm looking into getting my first pair of flatheads, and probably first pair of higher end raw denim. I'm after a slim cut nothing super skin tight or baggy, so possibly looking at the 3001s. i have a pair of nudie grim time dry orange selvage of which i like, so something similar to this would be great. so in terms of sizing should i match the actual measurements of the flatheads withe the actual measurements of my grim tims.

any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

hi,

I'm looking into getting my first pair of flatheads, and probably first pair of higher end raw denim. I'm after a slim cut nothing super skin tight or baggy, so possibly looking at the 3001s. i have a pair of nudie grim time dry orange selvage of which i like, so something similar to this would be great. so in terms of sizing should i match the actual measurements of the flatheads withe the actual measurements of my grim tims.

any help/input would be greatly appreciated.

But also allow for the shrinkage with the 3001. They'll end up about half an inch less in the thigh after soak and a good half inch less in the waist than the raw measurement after soaking and stretching.

Current fit... really really hoping mine turn out like the last few pairs that have been posted.  I never really realized that "vertical fading" might be a reference to the streaks of well-washed pairs rather than a heavy thigh fade and super dark lower leg area.

12601079504_3e923a0ed6_o.jpg

Looking good!

I really need to get my 2111s hemmed, I think I'd wear them a lot more consistently then.

Been rocking the really thick cuff and it makes the leg opening feel a bit too big for my liking.

I have a couple of pairs that I feel that way about.