Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

yes very similar to Samurai OGSP i've seen. never seen dry bones IRL so i wouldn't know. These aren't that stiff though. no stiffer than other 15oz denim, if not less so. i don't think they are heavily starched at all. 

they are pretty blue, but natural indigo denim isn't exactly easy to photograph, i'll try to photograph them again tomorrow with proper camera in sunlight. 

Worth the cop? methinks yes, as far as a pair of natural indigo is concerned, especially for the price, getting DBXSE would have costed more in USD/samurai in similar denim would have costed more USD or JPY/45RPM definitely costed more/PBJ Ai, Oni Ai, Kapital Ai would be similar in price but the denim wouldn't be as interesting (less variegated shades of indigo). So, really for what they are i don't think they are expensive or overpriced (but still it is high).

Now if we talk about a sense of worth in $600 pair of jeans that's a'nuther story, but that's the can of worm we don't touch here do we? 

Edited by DhaDha

@Ben: no not really. My Samurai OGSP have a very similar color and texture and I also have the SC40400 and SC40200, all together 3 natural indigo hank-dyed jeans...so another pair that won't really fade is nothing I "need" :D

I'd rather get the OKI-815 made by Kuniyoshi-san ;)

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

@Ben: no not really. My Samurai OGSP have a very similar color and texture and I also have the SC40400 and SC40200, all together 3 natural indigo hank-dyed jeans...so another pair that won't really fade is nothing I "need" :D

we all know it's just a matter of time before SC40300 and SC40500 join their brethren in your wardrobe  B)

Can't wait to see more pictures of those dhadha. Can't say I've ever seen this many people jump on a sda product which makes me happy.

But with Ben, does look a bit different but in a really good way

Take5 and SDA did a Lee repro for Take5's 10 years anniversary using a very nice denim. Way back then the cut had a tiny bit too much taper for my liking - let's see which cut they are coming up with this time...the denim will be secondary.

If it is indeed the 103 cut made by DoubleVolante, I would say it's save to say that the sizing should be similar to OKI-515.

Low rise, at least 1 size smaller than normal - size up 1 or 2...

Does anyone know what the 103 silhouette is based on? Considering SDA's heritage, I'd assume a '47 or '50s Levi's, which is what I'm looking to buy for my next jean, but I'd rather not *actually* buy LVC as I find the denim a bit boring.

Aries, the SD-103 uses the Levi's 1947 pattern as its template but it's much slimmed down through the thighs and top-block. The rise is pretty low too and it appears to be made for the tastes of the JP market first and foremost (to fit an Asian frame).

The SD-101 is a more authentic 50s repro if you are also interested in that style: higher rise, generous thighs, roomier seat etc.

you asked and you shall received. Well it was just about to rain, so very cloudy. not exactly optimal for taking picture of denim. 

SDA%20D1677-1_zpsuor9ailr.jpg

SDA%20D1677-2_zpsjrdkntov.jpg

to answer Ben's question, yes they are raised.

SDA%20D1677-3_zps7xdxz2lk.jpg

SDA%20D1677-4_zpskwl8tyni.jpg

SDA%20D1677-5_zpsioy613aa.jpg

there is this little leather patch in the left back pocket. since this is my first SDA i don't know if this is standard or just on special edition model. 

SDA%20D1677-6_zpsw5xr0y1r.jpg

selvedge fly

SDA%20D1677-8_zps3iktsq3g.jpg

SDA%20D1677-9_zpsnguztddd.jpg

Edited by DhaDha

cont.

the fabric is beautiful. colour is true to light (on a cloudy day) here. the amount of loom chatter on the denim is heart warming.

SDA%20D1677-10_zps8ir37fsd.jpg

these little balls of cotton from loom chatter are all over the place.

SDA%20D1677-11_zps5mcuxps5.jpg

i inspect the denim again and the colour is a tad bit darker than some samurai Ai i've seen. the darker strands of cotton are about the shade of PBJ Ai.

SDA%20D1677-12_zpssg7efkzq.jpg

Edited by DhaDha

you asked and you shall received. Well it was just about to rain, so very cloudy. not exactly optimal for taking picture of denim. 

nice jeans. i would said cloudy days are the best for taking pictures of denim.

Huh? You guys keep coming up with stuff that I have no idea about... bad influences, LOL

OK, Foxy mentioned the OKI-815 to me... slowly putting the pieces together. 

What's the connection between Kuniyoshi-san and SDA?