Jump to content
dawei69

RESOLUTE by hayashi-san!

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, heyson said:

how do we go about undervaluing the invoice?

just send us an email dude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those jeans look great b_F -- 710 or 711?  So does the t-shirt, by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like some 710s in my rotation at some point, just feels strange potentially sizing all the way up to 40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I take a 34 in freewheelers 51s and 38 in resolutes just got the 711s they’re so good :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Broark said:

I'd like some 710s in my rotation at some point, just feels strange potentially sizing all the way up to 40.

Don't you think a 38 would already work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Don't you think a 38 would already work?

I thought that, then I've seen a few people post measurements for 38s they have here and they almost seem too slim still.
Maybe I'm overestimating since I've just been wearing straight cuts more than anything else lately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, lee porter said:

I take a 34 in freewheelers 51s and 38 in resolutes just got the 711s they’re so good :D

52 minutes ago, Broark said:

I thought that, then I've seen a few people post measurements for 38s they have here and they almost seem too slim still.
Maybe I'm overestimating since I've just been wearing straight cuts more than anything else lately.

3 hours ago, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Don't you think a 38 would already work?

I was thinking i'd also need to size up 4(2?) to a 38 after I saw how much the GBG shrank with frequent washing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the GBGs are a bit more tapered from the knee down by comparison, but I haven't tried out the 710s in person yet.
Looking at the thigh/knee/hem measurements that others have posted for their 38s here they seem ever so slightly too small.
Ideally I'd like a 13.5 in. thigh / 9 in. knee / 8.5 in hem in a 60's cut. Slim but not too tight around the leg opening.
Some of the measurements posted here look closer to 13 in. / 8.5 in. / 8 in.
Not as concerned about the top block since the denim is stretchy, so if I sized up all the way to 40 I'd be swimming in the waist...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Weight gain through co-pregnancy is real!

Back in my size 36 for a bit more relaxed fit. 

20210518_104401.thumb.jpg.aa9a35b52e5a5b278b704f91d1cc43fa.jpg20210518_104456.thumb.jpg.d01e641609cb3712b0f8aa2b32e82d2a.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait until you have a toddler and you’re finishing their dinner in addition to your own! I’d say you need to get a 10kg deficit before birth to account for the slow gain afterwards :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, the dad bod phenomenon is real. And so are the dad jokes. There was a person on the internet who asked if I were a dad, because I was killing them with bad jokes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 10:45 AM, Maynard Friedman said:

Wait until you have a toddler and you’re finishing their dinner in addition to your own! I’d say you need to get a 10kg deficit before birth to account for the slow gain afterwards :biggrin:

10kg? I put on 10 years ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Duke Manteeconsidering my toddler son just had a coughing fit and vomited all over himself, right after I spent all that time cleaning and changing him in preparation for bed, I think +10 years sounds about right.

But a glass of Ardbeg whiskey makes everything a little better. 

Edited by cause4pause

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been wearing my 710’s a bit more now. Washed them for the first time a week ago or so. Stubborn bastards!

mJ0SxOe.jpg

PLAEmwi.jpg

0EoPaBI.jpg

408J0yz.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking good @Bobbo, you just need to start washing them every week in true Hayashi-san style. B)
Does anyone here own both the 710s and LVC 1976 from a few years back?
I think these LVC are the closest pair I own compared to the 710, would be interested anyone here had both and could share any thoughts/comparisons on the cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might do that @Broark ! Would be fun to see the difference compared to my usual washing regime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look really good @Bobbo !
I washed and tumble dried my size 36 yesterday to make them more fitting. Worked quite well :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Broark said:

Looking good @Bobbo, you just need to start washing them every week in true Hayashi-san style. B)
Does anyone here own both the 710s and LVC 1976 from a few years back?
I think these LVC are the closest pair I own compared to the 710, would be interested anyone here had both and could share any thoughts/comparisons on the cut.

I own both as well and in terms of indigo hue they are indeed very similar.
The Resolute are hairer though and a bit more textured. The fit is also different (from the top of my head). The 1976 has a lower back rise and wider hips. They don't taper as much as the 710. Overall the 710 legs are slimmer. The 1976 has huge back pockets.

I could measure them to give you some numbers to my observation. My 1976 are size 34 and in the 710 I have 34 and 36.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@beautiful_FrEaK thanks for chiming in, if you could provide measurements that would be awesome. 
I want a pair of 710s but I'm having a hard time thinking I should size all the way up to 40 based on BiGs charts. The back rise on their charts also looks kind of low.
I wore my LVC '76s yesterday in size 36 and that's about as small of a leg opening as I can get on with these days. And you're right those back pockets are huge.
I also assume that the Resolute denim is a little more forgiving and stretchy by comparison, the Cone on the 76s is pretty rigid.
Ideally I would just be able to try a 38 and 40 on, but that's the way it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own both the 710s and the 76s, both in size 32, and although the Resolutes fit perfect at first, with pandemic weight gain and subsequent shrinking, they feel like total slim fits now. Meanwhile, the 76s fit perfectly. On the Resolutes, the biggest areas of discomfort are the thighs and crotch and I feel like I can't ever pull them up all the way. So I either have to lose weight or get size 33s. But since buying the 710s, I've also really fallen in love with TCB 50s and I think when it comes time for my next pair of Resolutes, I'm going to try the 711s.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/18/2021 at 1:52 AM, beautiful_FrEaK said:

Weight gain through co-pregnancy is real!

Back in my size 36 for a bit more relaxed fit. 

20210518_104401.thumb.jpg.aa9a35b52e5a5b278b704f91d1cc43fa.jpg20210518_104456.thumb.jpg.d01e641609cb3712b0f8aa2b32e82d2a.jpg

Looks great! Did you size up 1 or 2 sizes? My thighs are a bit snug on mine nowadays. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now