Pure Blue Japan

midnight

Guys mind giving me some thoughts in regards to the fit on a pair of PBJ xx-013's I just grabbed?

Album here: http://imgur.com/a/J7jHa

Initial thoughts: The denim is amazing, definitely the nicest pair of denim I have laid my hands on.

On trying them on for the first time  I thought there was no way I was getting them on, but to be honest they fit great in the waist for a first try on as I expect them to stretch some.

I guess when I ordered I underestimated how low the rise was, as well as the knee taper. Pretty damn snug in the top blocks. Everything else fits perfectly.  Size for thighs I know...

I am wondering your guys thoughts on whether this fit works for me. I wasn't necessarily going for something with this snug of a fit in the thigh, but I have other skinny denim so I'm not that opposed to it.

Anyone have any insight as to how much stretch I might get from the thighs? I also am  going to lose 5-10 in the next month or two. Just finished a bulk and am doing two months of clean eating, generally pretty disciplined in that regard.  I want to keep them, but not if they won't work.

My 009s were definitely uncomfortable in the top block until they'd gotten a month or so of good wear. Quite different fit than the 013s though... well, hopefully they will work out for you after your cut if you want to try keeping them. If it was up to me, though, I'd say go for a different size or fit.

I'm wearing them today at work actually.  I gotta say, for a pair of low-rise slim jeans, they are comfortable as hell!  They kind of fit my style, and give me motivation to work on this cut I got going on.  I also got them for a great price so I feel less inclined that I need to sell them for monetary reasons (also I recently got a promotion).  I already am getting some stretch out of them, they will undergo the girlfriend test tonight, so we'll see what she says.  Anyway, enough with the justifications....

If I jumped back in and said I wanted to grab a pair that weren't on the skinny side, but still on the slim/tapered side of things that can handle an athletic build, would you guys have any recommendations?  I have Left Field Black Marias (Chelsea) already, but really, REALLY like the slub of these xx-013's.  What other brands/styles should I be looking at?  Some of the Oni's look really nice, but not sure about which fits would be great.  Any other recommendations?  Might be a tax rebate present to myself.

You could try sizing down one on a pair of 003s. Alternatively, Oldblue has a fabric that looks quite similar to PBJ's.. not sure exactly what it's called, but I think if you go back a couple pages in the Evolution of Jeans thread there is a pair posted there.

Just got my XX-009's in the mail, pretty happy with them!

I really like the blacked out hardware, the jeans pretty much look like black denim initially.

I'm happy with the fit presoak, going to throw them in the wash this morning to see how the shrink down.

kIaesl2.jpg

44Badqf.jpg

I've always liked coated buttons, another one of my favorites being the the buttons on the Okinawa Mister Freedom jeans.

The XX-009's are hanging to try now, gave them a hot wash and it looks like they shrank a good bit.

Well i need to wear my xx007s more...the denimio contest coming to a close has me psyched up for them again!

Broark, post up a fit pic, interested to see how the xx009s fit. I find they are a tough look to pull off with the pbj denim 

Yeah I second on the pics! Not too many people with 009's so it's always nice to see how they fit other people.

Sadly, I pretty much retried my pair. I can't really stand the fit anymore but every now and again I bust them out since I love the fabric, and color. Great jeans.

I picked the XX-009 based off the fact that almost all the other PBJ cuts are slim and lower rise. Based on how these felt presoak I think they'll fit nicely. The leg felt pretty wide initially, so we'll see how they shrunk down. I'll try them on tomorrow and see if I can manage to take some fit pics too.

^What size did you get, 36? I remember we were pretty close in size. And that was the same reason why I got the 009's as well! But even the 009's have pretty small rise. At least in the front since mine had massive rear rise (which was awesome). I do miss the really deep front pockets as well. 

I'm wearing my 009s right now! Working on my thesis this week, so not much time to take pictures until after it's due, but contrary to some of the above opinions it is one of my favorite fits of all my jeans—maybe my favorite of all, despite the front rise being a touch low. I'll try and get some photos up later in the month.

I got a 36, I think we are somewhat similar when it comes to sizing Drew.

I wore them today around my apartment on my day off of work, initial thoughts are that I'm pretty happy with how they feel after a hot wash. Waist was a little snug but has now stretched out to where it's comfortable. The front pockets feel a little tight compared to some of my other jeans, but I like the way the rise and thighs fit. I could probably get away with with a few inches hemmed up as well, but the leg opening feels good too. Easily would work with boots or sneakers.

No fit pics yet, but I'll probably wear them again tomorrow and see what I can manage. The fabric really changes after washed, really irregular. I'm not usually into super slubby fabrics but the indigo/indigo makes it a lot less noticeable when new. Also however they construct the belt loops is interesting, very tightly rolled compared to most of my other jeans.

I got a 36, I think we are somewhat similar when it comes to sizing Drew.

I wore them today around my apartment on my day off of work, initial thoughts are that I'm pretty happy with how they feel after a hot wash. Waist was a little snug but has now stretched out to where it's comfortable. The front pockets feel a little tight compared to some of my other jeans, but I like the way the rise and thighs fit. I could probably get away with with a few inches hemmed up as well, but the leg opening feels good too. Easily would work with boots or sneakers.

No fit pics yet, but I'll probably wear them again tomorrow and see what I can manage. The fabric really changes after washed, really irregular. I'm not usually into super slubby fabrics but the indigo/indigo makes it a lot less noticeable when new. Also however they construct the belt loops is interesting, very tightly rolled compared to most of my other jeans.

How do you like the deeper front pockets?  I personally notice that the pockets on both Pure Blue Japan jeans and The Strike Gold jeans are deeper than other brands.  I personally like this with my larger Iphone 6S.

How do you like the deeper front pockets? I personally notice that the pockets on both Pure Blue Japan jeans and The Strike Gold jeans are deeper than other brands. I personally like this with my larger Iphone 6S.

Front pocket depth seems good, about on par with my Roy jeans. I would say that Strike Gold has the deepest pockets of any brand I've tried out. Almost too deep in my opinion!

Ok, sorry for the delay! Had to wash my 009s after a drunken romp through the muddy forest, so this is how they fit after hanging dry. My bad for the dumb-looking face i'm making.

pbj.jpg

pbj_2.jpg

Probaby the slimmest pair I have right now, even more so than my Evisus. The thighs are always a bit tight after a wash but they stretch out way more than any other jeans I've ever worn.

Edited by chicote