Samurai Jeans

gimmegimme

NO WAY. AND I'M ONLY A WEEK AWAY FROM VISITING TAIPEI :(

i've always wanted to meet nogami-san. the last time when i was in osaka at the samurai shop. i literally watched him drove away without realising it was him in the dark of the night. now i missed him by one week of going to taipei. damn!

Having fun with a pair of 500OG and 711VX at the moment...

500OG is an instant charmer, have gone with my standard Samurai size.

711VX, cut will take time to get used to (low back rise), denim is most slubbines lot. I have seen since lot.12, went with standard size, very thight right now.

Wearing them damp after initial soak - no pictures, yet.

This is not a question pertaining to samurai, but from a cursory search for people who have bought from yuichi it seems that most have bought samurai...

when he hems, does he hem non wash and send it to you (if you ask) or does he insist that he washes it first?  also, is the hem distance narrow like the original hem or wider like some union specials are configured?

thanks fellas :)

Hi all, i initial hot soaked my 710's in the bathtub for two hours and they now fit perfectly. Will these shrink further and if so, do you guys recommend that i soak them again for further shrinkage before hemming? I'm really excited to start working on this pair.

Edited by 1fookntitefd

Hi all, i initial hot soaked my 710's in the bathtub for two hours and they now fit perfectly. Will these shrink further and if so, do you guys recommend that i soak them again for further shrinkage before hemming? I'm really excited to start working on this pair.

Soak them again, give them some agitation too. Samurais tend to take a couple soaks/washes to get all the shrinkage out. 

I'm hoping someone can help me out with the 16oz. denim on this jacket (These are both the same I think):

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pirates/item/samuraijeans-s553og16oz/

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s553og16oz/

What denim is it exactly, and do any other jeans use the same denim? I'm looking into a Samurai denim jacket, but I'm trying to also figure out what it'll look and feel like as it ages...

Thanks!

I'm dying right now.... 710-500-710-500-710-500.... I feel like max I have to have both... But will only really like 1.. I have about 7 pairs of 510 and trying to slim down a bit.. But not sure if the 710 is going to be to much for me... I tend to like my jeans loose, looser than most, and high rise... Anyways. Been reading your threads for a long time.. Finally decided to say hi. You guys(max and b_f) have posted countless amounts of great pics and detailed descriptions I have been using for a long time. Thanks for that. The 500's fit you killer max, are the pockets green on the 500's? Any other dif from the 710's?

I'm hoping someone can help me out with the 16oz. denim on this jacket (These are both the same I think):

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/pirates/item/samuraijeans-s553og16oz/

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/2nd/item/sj-s553og16oz/

What denim is it exactly, and do any other jeans use the same denim? I'm looking into a Samurai denim jacket, but I'm trying to also figure out what it'll look and feel like as it ages...

Thanks!

These 8 items use this new 16oz organic cotton denim

http://samurai-j.com/special_item/index.html

As it is new, you won't find any worn-in pairs

@CIA78: Thank you! The 500Og has olive coloured pockets and the usual 500 details, including yellow arcs. The 710 OG has lighter pocket bags in a light grey/green. If you're coming from the 510 and need some room, definitely avoid the 710OG. The hipr are smaller then on the 500OG, which makes them uncomfortable for me.

BTW: they shrank the usual 2" in a soak & gente wash. There might be some more in it, but the denim doesn't behave much different than oither Samurai denims.

Thanks for the info guys. 

Would it be similar to any existing denims, texture-wise? I was ideally looking for the Type III in the Texas Cotton, but it seems to be sold out everywhere... This 16oz. seems possibly similar to that though.

Thanks Max, I hear You, plus I like the 500 greyish color you showed in the pics as well.. I have sized up a bit in the 710, think that will make any differance ?.. Even at 38, that hip after shrinking will still be 13.50 thats pretty small by any standard.. I think I can just order the 500 un hemmed and try them out.. Just wish the knees where a little smaller and leg opening, sacrifice on one thing to another .... The confusion...

Thanks Max, I hear You, plus I like the 500 greyish color you showed in the pics as well.. I have sized up a bit in the 710, think that will make any differance ?.. Even at 38, that hip after shrinking will still be 13.50 thats pretty small by any standard.. I think I can just order the 500 un hemmed and try them out.. Just wish the knees where a little smaller and leg opening, sacrifice on one thing to another .... The confusion...

Ok Max! Done.... After a 5 day deliberation.. I'm just going to take your word on this 500OG, they will ship tomorow. The only thing that really held me back was the leg opening in the 500 and the thigh in the 710... This run on the 710 19oz seems smaller around the thigh then the last run also.. Which is to bad for me..