Denim World Championship - SuFu Division

Max Power

For the past couple of weeks it's been hot and sunny in CO. Low to mid 90's. Today is the first day it's been overcast and low's 80's in that time. Too hot to wear jeans of any sort for me, let alone 25oz. My tux has been racked for the time being. 

Wow, sorry for the neg rep, was not intended!!!

Is this your contest pair, bradl??

Damn!

That's the main reason I wouldn't enter into the tux division till at least October.

Who ever thought hand stitching buttons on a pair of jeans would be remotely durable needs to give their head a shake.

0YG68ho.jpg

That's the main reason I wouldn't enter into the tux division till at least October.

Who ever thought hand stitching buttons on a pair of jeans would be remotely durable needs to give their head a shake.

My P.I Hagbergs had hand stitched buttons too, they had a kevlar thread that was supposed to be super strong but mine broke all the time, I guess it was since I had downsized 2 sizes. The thread seemed to work better for others. 

Just gave my pair another wash and a little bit of time in the dryer, part of me wants to pull a switcharoo like b_F and enter my Roy's but at the same time these are coming along well. I'll stay the course for the time being, already doing a little bit of traveling and adventuring in them so it'd feel bad to not wear them!

These would look a lot better with a better camera setup...

6PRVq2s.jpg

TYvvQkP.jpg?1

j1nLBiF.jpg

xo7Qr1Q.jpg

ddjXMk8.jpgz4HjBow.jpg

YJhZBfY.jpg

MKRfxRs.jpg

HZ5GVv4.jpg?1

BUF9xWt.jpg

Broark, please keep the OOEs!

The hardware used on these, the way it already oxidizes mesmerizes me again and again! besides, the fit looked pretty good on ya!

Edited by Blue Nemo

I'm heading to the Iron Heart party this weekend, Friday to Sunday, expect many denim related updates between the many beers I will consume.

Nice fades after only 3-4 months! You have very solid roping development already.

Also did you buy this pair of TFH from Japan? The arc still looks like the original version.

Thanks, the roping is going pretty well. Hiking i usually uncuff my jeans to avoid tearing the denim at the cuffs (cander seems to have already destroyed his cuffs) which has lead to a decent amount of roping. 

I have a feeling the fading will be slowing down greatly when i finally land a job, sydney doesn't seem to have the most denim friendly office environment standards.  Gonna have to transition to an evening and weekend warrior for the next 6 months while I'm on contract :/ 

I think the jacket might actually get more wear than my jeans over the coming months 

Snagged this pair off of rakuten a month or two before the contest, Im still on the fence about the newer arcs on the western pairs. I do like how destroyed the old japan style arcs are at this point. I'd say I'm only going to have my left pocket arc at the end of one year. I doubt they will both last until the end of the contest 

Edited by karanimal

I'm heading to the Iron Heart party this weekend, Friday to Sunday, expect many denim related updates between the many beers I will consume.

i am looking forward to this saturday then. i hope to see lots of other DWC contestants and fellow denimheads, though I won't wear my Denime that day.

It has been pretty slow going for my jeans but i love them and they stink. The last photo shows some of the unusal blue that is peeking through. Also my lacquered donut button has began to chip which is good. 

_MG_32001_zpsamnyepa6.jpg

_MG_32031_zpsdltruqxv.jpg

_MG_32021_zpsnpwurdi8.jpg

_MG_32011_zpsqhrfucww.jpg

_MG_31961_zpstlpbrwoz.jpg

Interesting article about these jeans...http://bespokemanblog.com/signet-x-fullcount-special-run-jeans/

Edited by Lukenstein

Like many of you I'm starting to question my Samurai's and am tempted to switch back to my Fullcounts (the original pair I was going to do). The Samurai's have much nicer fabric and I kind of like the fit better but the Fullcounts are so damn comfortable... The rise is just borderline too short on the Samurai's. Ah well. 

I did give the Samurai's their first wash yesterday though, but not too much fading yet. 

the 3sixteen+ line offers some great denim, i am curious how this will evolve, havn't seen that many examples so far

Me too, Im pretty excited that I got a pair and looking forward to see how it fades. These are really different from the 130x. I just soaked this and have some intense leg twist on these. 

great jeans contest going on here.

i must admit i have not been active at all. workload has been tremendous. hopefully soon that will clear up an di can become more active. 

for what's it worth, here's my Red Cloud R400SP at 67 days. 

RC%20R400SP-1.jpg

RC%20R400SP-2.jpg

Edited by DhaDha

DWC%20Challenge%201-9.jpg

DWC%20Challenge%201-2.jpg

DWC%20Challenge%201-8.jpg

DWC%20Challenge%201-10.jpg

Bonus: Like i have said this denim's weave is quite regular, so not much in term of slub. I reached to my inner left thigh, and felt some noticeable irregularity there. Sure enough, it was a strand of uneven yarn. So this is the slubbiest part my pair possess.

DWC%20Challenge%201-11.jpg