The Flat Head

LFC4ever

I'm selling my size 36 3002. They're about 3 months of wear but you'd guess 5 weeks. I barely wear them and want a pair of 3012 so let me know!

How's $200 shipped sound?

I'm eyeing a pair of FH-3005, but unsure of sizing. The charts I've looked at on various websites/stores differ. 

How much shrinkage and then stretch is there after they've been soaked and washed? Will the 3005 settle at about the tagged size? 

My best fitting pair are IH-634s 34 and the waist measures 34" after a couple of washes in cold/warm water and a few months of wear. The only pair of unsanforized I have are SG2105 34, and they've settled at 35" waist, which is too big in the waist, but they're a bit too tight in the thigh for my liking. 

ALSO

Can someone clue me in on the 3005-A and 3005-FXR models? The translations I've read are rough and don't make much sense to me. I gather the 3005-A has a different dying process, and the 3005FXR is a collaboration between Flat Head and Real Japan Blues. Other than that I'm clueless... 

Will the denim in either of these models behave differently than the denim used in regular 3005? 

Thanks guys! mpp

3005s fit roughly true to size.  They don't run small like some models (3002, 3009.)  The denim on the 3005-A is a blend of natural and synthetic indigo, it has a bit of a turquoise green shade to it, and it's rope dyed and fades like FH's denim, but with some of the texture and unique feel of natural indigo.  It's really good stuff.  The FXR models feature a special patch, RJB's red logo embroidery on the back right pocket, and leather arcuates, like on some RJB models (D008, etc.)  The FXR's denim is the same as the standard version, and from what I've heard, the 3005-A's fabric shrinks about the same as the standard version.

I wear the same size in FH sweats as my shirts.  Some of them fit a little bit larger than a shirt in the same size but I wouldn't recommend sizing down.  All the hoodies are one wash so they won't shrink, unless maybe if you nuke them in the dryer or something.

I'm really interested in seeing these after they've been washed, for one thing because the thighs look kind of gross.

The contrast on these is really good but the tradeoff is that the rest of the denim looks really flat, almost sanforized.  Denim like FH needs to touch water more often if you want to get that great vertical fading.  For me, I find that it works well to wash once every 2-4 months, this gives a nice balance.  Alternatively, go a long time before the first wash to get the contrast, then wash more frequently (once every 1-2 months) after that to bring out the texture. 

What I have observed is that washing makes a bigger difference with honeycombs no matter what.  FH denim seems to always get nice whiskers no matter what you do to it, but combs can vary a lot depending on the washing.

Those look kinda ridiculous, and not in a good way.  

Dude needs to wash his jeans AND get them hemmed.

It does seem that denim fans in Thailand prefer their jeans to be as long as possible, nobody ever really seems to get their jeans hemmed there.  And yeah, going that long without washing, in heavyweight denim, in such a hot place... it's all a bit much for me.  These aren't really the sort of fades I aspire to, but since nobody's been posting that many faded pics of FH jeans on Sufu lately, I thought y'all would get a kick out of it.

Stacking seems to be out, in general, around here.  This makes me happy.

At this point, my favorite length is one where you can wear it either uncuffed with a little break or a 1" cuff with almost no break.  It just looks a lot... nicer to me than have a big mess around your feet.  Plus stacking's not really comfortable at your ankles, particularly in hot weather.  Part of this is probably the Japanese influence, denimheads here don't stack their jeans, which tend to be looser/straighter fits anyway. 

And this might sound like a stupid reason but having your fancy Japanese jeans hemmed to the right length seems a bit classier to me because A) it implies that you have direct or indirect access to a Union Special 43200G to get your pants hemmed to your personal length; or B ) you're tall enough that your jeans aren't too long to begin with (like my 1001s) and C) your sexy roping fades are easier to see.

Edited by Cold Summer

Fuck knows how they manage to go that long without washing. I live in Bangkok and I can't seem to go past 6 weeks without getting a stench on the jeans.

There are plenty of place out here to get your jeans hemmed correctly out here too.

It does seem that denim fans in Thailand prefer their jeans to be as long as possible, nobody ever really seems to get their jeans hemmed there.  And yeah, going that long without washing, in heavyweight denim, in such a hot place... it's all a bit much for me.  These aren't really the sort of fades I aspire to, but since nobody's been posting that many faded pics of FH jeans on Sufu lately, I thought y'all would get a kick out of it.

Yeah I agree... No one posts any fade pics in this thread. I think it is hilarious how people rag on someone's personal style and their personal progress without actually posting any of their own fades or fit pics. It's such a joke... I woke up with so many reply notifications, only to come here and realize it's all the haters ripping on a pair of jeans worn by a guy who isn't even posting to sufu. Shee-it.

I think I've posted a decent amount of fade pictures, but I've stopped because I wash my pants enough that if I post after every wash (which would be the time to post imo) I thought people would get annoyed. I also like the fact that a wash is inconsequential enough that it doesn't warrant posting on the internet.

When they get to a point where they're looking really good (or someone asks to see), I'll post again. Meanwhile, ill voice my opinion. It seems that many people agree with me that jeans should be washed though and that does make me happy... So maybe other people will voice my opinions for me.

Wow, I have the 2015 20oz. for little over a year and nowhere near to that level

Hello Future-man. Please tell me who wins the next Wold Series.

20oz. denim in Thailand for 6 months straight without washing does sound like suicide.

On another note, it looks like those stacks were folded by hand. They're too symmetrical. I've seen that before, so I suppose that might be a "thing."

Fuck knows how they manage to go that long without washing. I live in Bangkok and I can't seem to go past 6 weeks without getting a stench on the jeans.

There are plenty of place out here to get your jeans hemmed correctly out here too.

I see loads of stacking going on in BKK when I'm there too, but if you check the changing room curtain at Take5 BKK its made out if loads of 12inch selvedge cut off hems from people who have took them in for hemming so someone's getting a whole heap of hemming done! :ph34r:

bsp's need to be repaired once again. stitching coming undone all over the place (coin pocket, yoke, inseam). texture really starting to become more noticeable. 11 months of wear? lost track of washes / soaks but over 8 for sure. 

YwHfamp.jpg

iphone 5 camera, last night, no flash.

N3G4cy5.jpg

patch dec 2012 vs. today

YOPf1Ue.jpg tQS1msu.jpg?2

edit: i might not grab the rjb 103's depending on how the tate + yoko / flat head collab turns out. i was originally part of the second nfxfhxty order but it was cancelled. :( 

Edited by rosarkar

Yeah I agree... No one posts any fade pics in this thread. I think it is hilarious how people rag on someone's personal style and their personal progress without actually posting any of their own fades or fit pics. It's such a joke... I woke up with so many reply notifications, only to come here and realize it's all the haters ripping on a pair of jeans worn by a guy who isn't even posting to sufu. Shee-it.

The state that those jeans are in because of not being washed, and how goofy they must look on with 7+ inches of stacking isn't the kind of thing that someone needs an extensive portfolio of "their own fades" to comment on...anybody's mother could look at those jeans and say that they need a wash and a hem, doesn't make them a hater.  Everyone is entitled to having a personal style, but if you post photos on internet forums, you deserve everything you get when people tell you your shit is wack, and wonder how those around you like smelling your borderline moldy jeans.  Considering the fades on someone's jeans "personal progress" is like complimenting a dude with a long unkempt beard on all the hard work he much have done to get it that way.