Studio D'artisan

LFC4ever

^^ thanks commodorewheeler, I finally tossed them into the dryer on air tumble (no heat) and they loosened up - most starch I've ever seen in a pair of jeans. As I look at the cut end of the belt loops, looks like they are dyed pretty well; time will tell. either way, looking forward to wearing them.

hey commodorewheeler, in addition to looking at the cut end of a belt loop (actually, a good indicator of indigo penetration), here is a quote from the Blue in green website describing the D-1507. "This model is woven with cotton yarns which have been hand dyed by legendary craftsmen in the Tokushima prefecture of Japan using natural indigo which was also harvested in Tokushima prefecture . The undyed cotton yarns are dipped by hand into indigo dye vats repeatedly until the indigo has penetrated the core of the yarns." The sda website also says the yarns were dipped into the indigo 30 times. I believe these are definitely ai dyed to the core.

Edited by lance

Hey guys,

Don't know if you guys have visited the Tate + Yoko thread or website yet, but we picked up a few pairs of the D1546 along with a full run of the 103, 106, 601-00, 601-99 and a few tops. Drop me a line at [email protected] if you guys have any questions!

All products can be seen here: LINK

23t175v.jpg

Edited by TATE + YOKO

hey commodorewheeler, in addition to looking at the cut end of a belt loop (actually, a good indicator of indigo penetration), here is a quote from the Blue in green website describing the D-1507. "This model is woven with cotton yarns which have been hand dyed by legendary craftsmen in the Tokushima prefecture of Japan using natural indigo which was also harvested in Tokushima prefecture . The undyed cotton yarns are dipped by hand into indigo dye vats repeatedly until the indigo has penetrated the core of the yarns." The sda website also says the yarns were dipped into the indigo 30 times. I believe these are definitely ai dyed to the core.

I emailed Gordon to try to get his insight on this information, and he wrote back saying that as far as he knows, the D1507/SP-013 denim is dyed to the core. Since I can no longer find where I read that the cores are white on that denim, I am going to assume that I remembered wrong.

Hey guys,

Don't know if you guys have visited the Tate + Yoko thread or website yet, but we picked up a few pairs of the D1546 along with a full run of the 103, 106, 601-00, 601-99 and a few tops. Drop me a line at [email protected] if you guys have any questions!

All products can be seen here: LINK

23t175v.jpg

Just out of curiosity, why do you charge the same amount for the 601 models as you do for the 103 and 106? Don't they retail for about 5250 yen (almost $70) less in Japan, and aren't they considered a lower line than the 100 series?

i agree. why are those a thing?

Anyone any idea how much the x's-32 will shrink and stretch? The 34's are measured raw at 36. Only experience I have with sd's was a pair of 001's tagged at 34 that were ginormous, couldn't get 'em below 35".

Any help greatly appreciated!

Cobblers,

I don't have experience with the 14oz XS-32 denim, only the standard 15oz of my SD-101. According to BiG charts, the shrinkage on the 14oz is slightly less. As far as stretching goes, my size 32 101s have stretched back to about a 33.5-34 waist from a post-soak of about 31.5 (33-33.5 raw). I'd imagine you can expect something similar with the 14oz. Overall, I don't find that they stretch/give as much as other denim of a comparable weight. Hope that helps.

I also have a raw pair of 001s. I sent back my 32s for a 31 as they come up considerably bigger than the 101s, but I don't think they're a true representation of the brand as far as sizing goes.

yea, the lhts [00x] were an SD1-2 since the denim stretches out more + the cuts were a bit higher, too than the prodn 15oz 100's, iirc.

the 14oz is softer & less rugged than the 15oz, have minimal shrinkage + stretches quite a bit, too.

edit: sorry, accidentally repped myself

Edited by BrownMetallic

hi all , started a thread (osaka showdown) a while ago to compare the evo of the osaka5 denim brands , it kind of fell apart but im trying to get it back on track so im here to ask if there is anyone around here who would like to contribute to the thread

what im looking for is 2 members who are wearing one of studio d artisan's flagship models if your interested please pm me

wearing the D-1507 ai dyed 17 oz jeans for the first time after soaking twice - woah, did these things shrink! however, they are stretching out very fast. anyone on the fence, do not hesitate - they are beautiful!! perfect denim, dye, weight and cut. not good at posting fit pics but will try :wacko: