Tender Co. Denim

braille_teeth

Got the Unborn 129s, I've boiling soaked them in a tub twice for 2 hours each time and they've barely changed, half an inch in the waist and length maybe? Scalding hot water topped up with a kettle every half hour.

I ordered 2 sizes and went for the size that left me a little room rather than the one that fit spot on given the advice here, wish I'd stuck with the size down as these won't even stay up without a belt.

I've contacted the seller to see if we can come to an arrangement given that the 'washed' sizes supplied on the site are drastically different from those that are achieved, but I feel like a huge dick doing so.

Money down the drain, and they were a pretty big investment for me.

Anyone with a true 36" waist that wants some brand new post-soak 129s, please get in touch.

Goodhood stocks Tender, give them a call.

They only have Unborns in 129 and were already sold out in my size.

The Unborn is really nice denim - really surprised to read here that they barely shrink - even in a hot wash. Has the denim been pre-treated?

Edited by cool_hand

Sorry for the big photos. Still learning how to work my way around superfuture. Been a big fan of Tender,William, and this forum for a while now. Now I havent gotten anything from the new aw12 season just yet... but incase anybody was interested I thought I would share a couple pieces from my collection. Heres my Long Wallet and Leather Pouch. Thank you to Hickorees. Both have been in daily use for the past 3-4 months. While my wallet hasnt taken much blue from my 130's, i really enjoy how my pouch is wearing with the indigo. Ifs even given the metal on the back a lovely blue hue. Both started as natural leather. My pouch arrived missing the foil branding... just "regular" brand.. which at first was a surprise.. but quickly almost became more special because of the change.

f5712a7c.jpg

4061eef0.jpg

171af3de.jpg

one day im gonna have to grab up one of Will's beautiful belts.. until then I'm excited to watch these bad boys age.

• 2 weeks later...

hi y'all. sorry for the gap- I've been away these last couple of weeks. Lovely to see some things posted! youthxattak, your leathergoods are looking terrific! And liquiditytrap, thanks for posting- the fit looks very good. I'll post up some photos of my wife deborah's 133 flowerpots, which she's been wearing for quite a few months. The fades aren't as extreme as with denim, but they look really nice nonetheless.

aieyriq, I'm afraid the woggles are only available in the US- they're a special with The Hill-Side, so only went out to Hickoree's and a couple of our US mutual stockists. Hickoree's has the red woggle here

i'll try to put up some detail photos of the new season's clothing in the next week or so. In the mean time, here are some making photos of the natural beeswax hand-poured candles, available now at the trestle shop. The pot which they're poured in is hand-thrown natural red english clay, with natural white english clay slip. There are making photos for that a few pages back.

The candles are made from natural, uncoloured and unperfumed beeswax, from english bees! here's how different it can look, depending on the state of the hive:

8002633760_b45c2fdb70_z.jpg

this wax is melted into solid blocks, like this (note the bee tea mug, sweetened with honey, naturally!):

8002654154_fa3e72f450_z.jpg

the first thing to do is gently melt the wax, without getting it hot enough to scorch:

8002632901_47537b069c_z.jpg

while the wax is melting, the wicks need to be prepared. They're cut from 100% cotton knitted rope. Cheaper candles often have a chemical core to the wick, which keeps them burning. This is often lead-based and can be toxic. These wicks are looser, and individually dipped in wax before the candle is poured, which makes for a very good burn, without a core.

here the wicks are being cut from a spool:

8002635618_0ef1b89fd9_z.jpg

the wicks are dropped into the molten wax, and allowed to soak up enough wax that they become saturated:

8002637538_2c415806b6_z.jpg

8002634741_0c3c300923_z.jpg

the whole time the room smells lovely, or warm honey.

the wicks are pulled out, and set almost immediately:

8002649711_9d879d94f8_z.jpg

they need to be straightened out, gently so as not to snap them:

8002636653_6341144396_z.jpg

the wicks are trimmed so that the ends are slightly pointed:

8002650792_c9f22ed0f4_z.jpg

the end of the (thick, brittle, waxed) wick is then poked through a small hole in a little metal wick stand. this is really tricky....

8002649756_2b10544c91_z.jpg

this wick is now stood into the middle of a hand-thrown clay pot, and held in place with bamboo skewers and rubber bands:

8002640264_d56d5e9d82_z.jpg

and it's time to pour in the wax!

8002639257_2b52231eb6_z.jpg

this needs to be done very gently, so that a neat meniscus forms around the edge, and around the wick:

8002645263_31a6235b0a_z.jpg

this will set into a clean edge:

8002644321_7523d73bc3_z.jpg

finally the wick is trimmed to height:

8002640163_70027eac07_z.jpg

and the candle's ready to light:

8002643559_d79001a41d_z.jpg

as it burns, the wax pools and gets darker, giving off the same lovely warm honey smell as it had when they are being poured:

8002643774_8637b85640_z.jpg

the candle in the pictures above was just a practice. after this I helped out as best as I could with the production, but it's pretty fiddly. I was best at lining up the wicks in the pots....

8002643072_4b1d8e021c_z.jpg

it's a true craft. the lady who made these candles has been doing it for more than a decade, and it was lovely watching her work.

^great work as usual. Still my favorite thread on the site!

I also like that wallet quite a bit. Is it different from the wallets you have up on the trestle shop?

Still trying to decide between yours or having one made for me. I think i know the answer already, but, do you do custom wallets by any chance?

^ thank you! youthxattak's wallet is the same style as the ones on the trestle shop, although the trestle shop ones have a gold foiled logo on the front, and the inside 'TENDER' stamp is in gold too, while the main line's are plain outside, with silver stamp inside. Same leather and construction though. Also available on the shop is the same wallet hand dyed with logwood (edition of 3).I'm afraid I don't do custom jobs though, sorry.

Well this took me an embarrassingly long time, even with William's gracious and tactful encouragement. Type 351 ecru t-shirt, size 2. Fit me a bit large, so I went through a few rounds of incrementally adding elements that would reduce the size:

- cold soak, hang dry: still too big

- cold wash, hang dry: still too big

- hot soak, hang dry: still too big

- hot wash, hang dry: still too big

- hot wash, hot machine dry (gasp!): perrrrrrfect

i enjoy experimenting

IMG_6020.JPG

Today, I went for a somewhat more vintage-y aesthetic and tucked 'er in.

IMG_6021.JPG

Heres some photos of my Indigo dyed 130's I picked up from Lyonstate. Awesome service from them. So far its been 5 months... maybe a little more... multiple washes. Lots of love from myself, my 4 dogs, and a pretty wild 2 year old.

IMG_6566_zps786fb1df.jpg

IMG_5292_zps20e24c4b.jpg

IMG_6865_zps4ea48010.jpg

IMG_1905_zpsafac19f8.jpg

The color of the denim is much truer to the first picture. But the 3 below show the great colors that begin to show with Williams overdyes.

^great shoot. Heres some more pics from that site with the handsome devil himself

http://www.loftman.co.jp/coop_kyoto/201210tender.html

Wattle gaurd jacket is fantastic, cant believe I didn't know about it. Not available in USA i suppose? Also, I'll be picking up a wallet from you soon, do you have any idea how the logwood walltet will age? Any pictures of a used one or of a used logwood belt?

Love the his and hers shots above! Probably some of my favorite photos yet. I really like those low cut Tender shoes/boots. Just saw those on instagram last week. (#tenderco if you use ig) Are those going to be released to any stores in the u.s. eventually?

I'm also interested in some logwood dyed leather photos!! If anybody has some, let's see em!

^thanks bbc and yxa! The pictures in the lower link are actually from next season and shouldn't really have appeared yet.... ;) more info to come, but it'll be a while I'm afraid.

I haven't worn a logwood belt or wallet myself, but I agree any pictures most welcome!

bbcapone, the wattle dyed beaverteen guard jacket will be available shortly (sent out on Wednesday!) at Unionmade in SF, I'm sure they'd be very happy to give you some more info

After some delay I am being shipped my unborn 129 cut from Superdenim. They shipped them in such a rush that I wasn't about to find out if they would fit before they had sent them over. Those painters pants are interesting.