Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Measurements look killer killer killer. 

Also @mpukas, I'd be willing to bet the front pockets are highly usable because...Roy.

Tried a pair on last week and have to say, for my body, it fits me better than all of his past jeans.  But then again the KS fit very well too.

Damn, all sizes already sold out. Those went fast! :rolleyes:;):P:DB):rolleyes:;):P:DB)

No! they're not out yet, they'll be online on Saturday.

Dammit Kiya, stop making me buy jeans from you guys!

But really, serious question: how does this denim stack up against the KS denim? Just for posterity's sake...

It's slightly lighter in weight but has quite a bit more character in it, especially when new/raw.

Dude,

Generally if there is a restock it is quiet and happens before a new model comes out (For example, the Kinda Special had a ~20-30 pair restock a few weeks after release), but never have I seen him go back and make the exact same jean again.  

From my understanding, he sets his shop up for a particular project and that's that - once he moves onto the next project that article of clothing will never be made again.

Maybe he'll feel nostalgic and use those rivets again one day, but I'm pretty sure it'd be on a different pair of pants.

Not a bad way to work if you ask me - makes each piece an artifact.

I think the RS04 got a second edition, or was it the Special Fits? But, yes generally once they're gone, they're gone.

I'd like to see limited edition reissue of the BigBro shirt.

How much does this 13.5oz raw Cone denim stretch after it's shrunken? Will it stretch back to the original size, or stay around the tagged size? 

How much does this 13.5oz raw Cone denim stretch after it's shrunken? Will it stretch back to the original size, or stay around the tagged size? 

We've found that the stretch on that denim isn't unlike the stretch on Roy's other special Cone denim styles he's produced.  It'll stretch about 1" after a month of wear or so, then a little bit after that depending on how tight it still is in the waist.

Crazy long shot here but I got an unsoaked/unhemmed pair of the first Big Bros (with the fancy back pockets ;) )in size 34 here in my closet that really are never going to fit. My love of denim and my love of beer are at cross purposes.

If anyone is keen on em I would trade them for a pair of the new Roy Tapered in 36. PM me if you want to work something out! Im in CA and would prefer a Bay Area meet up but could also ship.

Mpukas - go with the slightly higher tag size.

The denim shrinks a good amount and will continue to do so for a couple of soaks and maybe a couple more.

I've always bought the tag size slightly up in Roy's and they fit very nicely. They shrink to tag perfectly each time.

Theres a good size comparison/ wear comparison photo entry on Roy's website for reference.

Stretch for this denim is approx 1" after wear.

Thanks UkeNo. Very helpful. 

A 31 would be really tight, 32 mighht be just right, and a 33 would be big. It's always tough for me to get the right size in a new-to-me brand and raw denim. 

^ Pocket comment was a joke in response to concerns expressed on the previous page that the pockets wouldn't be useable... 

That was me. Don't shoot the messenger. 

My ultimate roy jean is one with a medium rise, full leg, with ZERO taper, and with the pockets/rivets of the original Big Bro (special arcs don't matter...), in a lighter weight denim like 13.5 oz.  Who's with me that that would be sick?!?

Mpukas, perhaps that jab at you wasn't fair (not really intended as a jab but still...) as usable pockets are far from guaranteed in this game.  The pockets of my IH634 and real mccoys are barely adequate.  But the Roys are perfect, trust me.

That being said, not sure what the dude is the messenger of beyond the standard rawrdenim comment board pricing complaint bullshit that has already been expressed ad naseum with any Self Edge release.

But whatever.  Excited to see what's next for Roy even if I won't be purchasing anything else soon.

@sombrero - I was watching your back. 

I know my question about usable front pockets may come off as odd to some. On the RJB's I have the front pocket are cut high and tight. I can't get my hand into them and grab anything and pull it out. I can only slide my hand in with open fingers, and then just barely. They are useless. It's a pet peeve - if I'm paying $150+ for any pair of high-end selvedge jeans, the basics have to be right - pockets have to be functional. Not many jeans I've owned get them right. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have bought those RJB jeans just because the front pockets suck. 

If Pocket access is hard for you and I agree some jeans are more difficult than others I would suggest a jean with a western style pocket.

It scoops upward at the opening and is connected lower on the side seam/leg panel.

Jack/Knife Outfitters do a pair with this feature and state that it's much more useable. All single needle & taped seams too.

Have a look - similar price point to the Roy's.

Edited by UkeNo

So I just got my RT1002's in the mail today, currently in the wash.

Denim is a good bit different than that used on the KS, and when I flipped them inside out I noticed that the weft has a bit of a beige color. Maybe it's just my eyes or something, but I'll try to take a look again after the wash. I have also had a few tonight, so there's that.

Anyways, awesome patch and cut seems very nice.

EMnQumF.jpg

Edited by Broark