Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

there is no roy rumor mill. we all know hes as taylor, obviously makes his own clothes. im sure we will be informed if and when he does a cut and sew.

kiya looks amazing! ...just didnt want to get excited like the confusion over the Roy denim jacket. hehe i just ment, we will know when its time. sorry if it seemed kurt.

I didn't take it that way! Just wanted to post the link in here.. The denim jacket will happen, trust me, i want to see it come out too.

kiya, anymore RS4's coming with the shirts?

Nope, but SENY and SELA still have most sizes if you'd like to place a phone or email order.

Is that a busted seam up the back of the shirt. The chambray looks to be heavier. I like what I'm seeing.

Is that a busted seam up the back of the shirt. The chambray looks to be heavier. I like what I'm seeing.

Yup, busted seam up the back of the shirt, you'll have train tracks running up your back after a while.

It's not super heavy, it's maybe about 7oz chambray.

I've been wearing them nights and weekends in NYC for the past month. I think the denim is fairly tightly woven, so while they aren't super heavy, I wouldn't really describe them as breathable. When it's real hot out pants of any kind aren't exactly breezy, but these are more comfortable than my samurais.

roy bnb's are the best for summer.

Both Roy's ducks are amazing summer pants. I'm still trying to track down size 31s in both at a reasonable price.

I keep taking off the RS04s after wearing them during the day and thinking "I'd like to sell these; I just can't wear them in the summer." But then I realize I'd hate myself the moment they're gone. So, I'll just have to concede that they'll be my late fall/winter pair and put them aside in place of chinos for the time being.

I've been wearing them nights and weekends in NYC for the past month. I think the denim is fairly tightly woven, so while they aren't super heavy, I wouldn't really describe them as breathable. When it's real hot out pants of any kind aren't exactly breezy, but these are more comfortable than my samurais.

it's the starch, man... like having ventilation w/clogged filter. hence, i put aside my rotation jeans & put on my washed/broken-in pairs on muggy NYC days

Yea that makes sense. I really love the jeans, and have just been suffering through the hot days. Fortunately a lot of the wear has been in the evenings around the apartment, but I've spent a few weekends showing friends around the city, so they are in need of a wash already after only a month.

Too bad I don't have as many pairs as you to rotate through!

All in good time I suppose

Ive been rocking mine hard since purchase. Great cut. At first I was concerned that they were too loose in the seat area, but I actually prefer that now. They are fitted, but not ball busting. The denim is interesting as well. Very curious how it will look 1 year deep in wear time.

My ROY RS04's are "something else" - maybe the finest jeans ever made.

I'm not sure if I can even find the superlatives that would give justice to how dam amazing they are.

You owe to yourself to own a pair.

Edited by cool_hand

Please excuse my dumb questions, but could you offer some advice. I usually war a size 32 in most sanforized raw denim that i buy, eg Pace(Sweden), Edwin, Fallow(UK), Nom De Guerre. I wear a 34 in other trousers but find that the 32 in jeans is enough as it usually gives after some wear.

I am looking to buy a pair of Roy's but must admit that i have never gone down the unsanforized route before. Could you offer any advice/experience of the RN04 in size 33 and am i dreaming thinking that they will fit! The 34 has sold out on SE and I was wondering if the idea of soaking them but not submerging the waistband would give me a little more room?

Thanks

Thanks for the advice.

I have tried to compare sizes(against pairs i own) as best i can, i maybe spent too much time trying to research the sizing and freaked myself out a bit. If they feel too scary to soak i may just have to never let water touch them.

Edited by jamierdonald

It's a sizable financial investment-- freaking out is normal. Self Edge will sort you out-- just email them-- they get sizing questions all the time.

For reference, I'm a 33.5 waist, and bought the RN03s (measured 33.5 on the site, pre-shrinkage). I gave them a cold soak and wore them for a bit to stretch the waist back out. They currently measure at 33.5, with no fit issues. I just realized I haven't posted any post-soak pics, but I haven't really worn em with the AW Contest ongoing. I'll get on that.