Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

I can't wait to see train tracks down the back of the jacket.

Yep. Do you know if it will be made with the Roy Slaper special blend cone denim?

Yep. Do you know if it will be made with the Roy Slaper special blend cone denim?

Nope, he wanted to use a lighter weight and darker fabric. It's White Oak Cone 13oz selvedge denim.

That fabric that was used for the RS03 and RN03 is forever gone, it was only made in a tiny run.

cool lookin jacket, great length, looks a little longer. is the denim sanforized or unsanforized?

Sanforized, he didn't want to mess with shrinkage on a jacket. He's been tweaking this fit for a while now, obsessively changing every little detail every day.

is there any way i can see more pictures of that jacket without waiting till late feb?

Nope, not till its done. The jacket you see pictured isn't the finished one.

Posted · Hidden by UkeNo, February 10, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by UkeNo, February 10, 2012 - No reason given

From Selfedge thread...

bad news, it's not happening till may. the next jean release made of a very special denim from cone is coming first on march 15th.

So new Jeans first on March 15th proceeded by a video of the new denim being made, then the Jacket in May.

From Selfedge thread...

I asked about the new jacket release date.

bad news, it's not happening till may. the next jean release made of a very special denim from cone is coming first on march 15th.

So new Jeans first on March 15th with a video of the new Roy denim being made, then the Jacket in May.

More Roy designed Denim.

Edited by UkeNo

I washed my Roy's at my parents' house after getting some salsa on them, and didn't really think twice about their "high-efficiency" washer. I set it to hand-wash, which I guess combined with the load sensor uses very little water, and my Roy's came out with the weft dyed blue! Now my cuffs (which are rolled) are a grey blue. Thankfully it distributed itself evenly.

I washed my Roy's at my parents' house after getting some salsa on them, and didn't really think twice about their "high-efficiency" washer. I set it to hand-wash, which I guess combined with the load sensor uses very little water, and my Roy's came out with the weft dyed blue! Now my cuffs (which are rolled) are a grey blue. Thankfully it distributed itself evenly.

Which Model Roy's?

Show us Pics.

My RS2 - Nihon Menpu denim. Blead through when I got caught in the rain the Crotch now has an indigo warp and weft

Edited by UkeNo

Whatever the first Roy's were...RS1?

IMG_0140-1-1.jpg

(forgive iPhone in car pics)

Doesnt look too bad really - i quite like it - its a dIY overdye you've achieved. I think this only happens in hot washes - from my experience (!?).

Not sure if that will wash through in future though - hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me can chime in :)

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a morning with Roy last week, filmed him in his shop and got him making an entire pair. One of the coolest guys ever, I have such a newfound respect for his work. Truly eye-opening with what he puts into every pair, not to mention completely by himself. Also got to see the new denim cone made for him, reeaaally amazing, surprised it was from cone!

Edited by DFreshLeish

Spent a morning with Roy last week, filmed him in his shop and got him making an entire pair. One of the coolest guys ever, I have such a newfound respect for his work. Truly eye-opening with what he puts into every pair, not to mention completely by himself. Also go to see the new denim cone amde for him, reeaaally amazing, surprised it was from cone!

Sounds really good. Did you manage to see the new Jacket at all?

Thanks

Caught a glimpse of it, probably have it on the footage somewhere, if I have time in the near future i'll sift through and post some shots, but we were there for like 4 hours so it may take me a while ha. Until then...

Screenshot2012-02-29at30045PM.jpg

Edited by DFreshLeish

Caught a glimpse of it, probably have it on the footage somewhere, if I have time in the near future i'll sift through and post some shots, but we were there for like 4 hours so it may take me a while ha. Until then...

Screenshot2012-02-29at30045PM.jpg

Thanks,

I was just curious to see if you's spied it - probably shouldn't spoil the 'official release' from Roy or SE, although some pics to whet the appetite might be appreciated all'round.

Cheers

^^Cool.

Hows yours coming along - had any inspired ideas for design tweaks, or is it all a-la-roy?

Congratulations on your Win Katz - Epic year for you. Well done!

The Savings jar is Brimmed and awaiting the touchdown of this Jacket. :)

heres a few of my RS3's.. they've actually not had a lot of wear since i got them, a few weeks tops but they just had a hard two weeks building a new roof with my dad so needed a wash afterwards..

6836695310_d2b639846f.jpg

6836693924_556f8dbe73.jpg

the patch is shaping up nicely...

6836694448_bdcbbb4c7a.jpg

my little girl likes denim too...

6982821821_9c0e6c87b2.jpg

the wash really sorted out the fit and bought out some beautiful blues, second pic probably has the most accurate colour.

Edited by kimi