Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

^^^

Which ones are you looking at, the narrows or the straights?

I like a slimmer/ skinnier fit.

Right now i have Naked and Famous Wierd guy fit size 30 of a 13.5oz. denim and i like the fit alot. maybe would go a little slimmer in the leg but i think roy arent all that thin.

The Roy Narrows are actually slimmer and more tapered than N&F weird guys, the measurements are up @ self-edge :

roy narrows

Thanks ima check that out right now.

My next pair would eaither be the Roy Narrows or im really digging the Naked and Famous Big John collab. they are the same price which kinda seems the the N&F are a little steep.

4 months in. Looks like it's time for the first repair. The whole crotch area is getting paper thin.

DSC_5127.jpg

I hate thatttttt. My N&F were only two months on looked mad thin. How many soaks and washes? I hadnt initially soaked mine so the starch meant it was rough denim rubbin on itself but hows roy denim fair with that since u have to soak or wash them at least once?

quote:

originally posted by UkeNo

Hi Kiya,

Any Idea when the next Batch of Roy RS1's will be in. My 32" are a bit snug and im hoping to get a 34" and wear them a little loser.

That being said...These jeans are immense! Thankyou

Best,

Ukeno

Next batch of Roy jeans will be done in August.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Self Edge SF / NY / LA > www.selfedge.com

Anti-Yo Worldwide > www.anti-yo.com

Hmm...I wonder what's up with Roy? Is he working on something else or vacationing?

Happy I jumped on my pair last week then. They should arrive sometime next week. Really psyched!!!

quote:

originally posted by UkeNo

Hi Kiya,

Any Idea when the next Batch of Roy RS1's will be in. My 32" are a bit snug and im hoping to get a 34" and wear them a little loser.

That being said...These jeans are immense! Thankyou

Best,

Ukeno

Next batch of Roy jeans will be done in August.

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

Self Edge SF / NY / LA > www.selfedge.com

Anti-Yo Worldwide > www.anti-yo.com

Hmm...I wonder what's up with Roy? Is he working on something else or vacationing?

SwedeAlex....Good for you. You won't be disappointed.

Mine are excellent, I just want another pair to wear loose for riding etc (Greedy really)!

If i remember rightly this batch took the same amount of time to produce too, i bought them in February this year but had contacted Kia last October/November to enquire when they'd be in.

I presume it takes that time because they're hand made and that must mean he only does a few pairs a day/week etc!? Who Knows?

I also remember reading that he is a metal fabricator too, so maybe he's just holding down that work as well.

Worth the wait and very very well made. No wonder it takes some time.

Let us know how yours are when they arrive :)

Interesting ukeno. You are probably right, he's a busy man. I just thought he might be working on something new. Yeah, they are great jeans. I'm currently working in a new pair of iron hearts 666 and these things have barely loosened up after a week while my roys were super comfy 1 week in. They are a great mix of quality, cut and comfort.

New things are happening, some will be surprises some will not.

At this point the next release will probably not be a 50's cut, it'll probably be a straight let with completely different denim and details, only 100 pairs. Will have more info in a week or two.

straight leg as in the same cut as the current straight leg or something different?

Something different.

At this point the next release will probably not be a 50's cut, it'll probably be a straight let with completely different denim and details, only 100 pairs. Will have more info in a week or two.

Will this be Japanese denim Kiya?

No idea on any of that just yet.

I'd like to point out that whatever Roy does are his choices and ideas, i have given him advice and a little direction but in the end it's his work that ends up being sold by the Self Edge stores, not a collaborative project.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's been a week or two or five...!

Selling my pair of OG's..

Le sigh... the ROYxCone's are making me regret not picking up a pair of OG's.

So I got some paint on my Roys and my Red Wings today. I'm okay with it being on my Red Wings, but had a mini heart attack when I saw it on the cuff of my jeans. It's on the inside right on the cuff. Should I try to spot treat it or just leave it be?

Edit: This isn't a very satisfying 500th post...