Roy. (expurgated edition)

rnrswitch

Can't speak for anyone else but mine just don't fit me the way they should. I should have sized up originally. The thighs are too tight. They will blow out at the seams in the thigh and crotch if I wear them with any regularity. I would consider getting a different cut but they are all slimmer than my current pair so I am cool off of them.

why are people dumping their roy's ?? DId i miss something again?? lol Even though roy's feel like they are becoming a bit of a boutique jean lately, I still have faith in roy and look forward to his future offerings. (assuming he will make more than 30 of them)

ROY's nature is to create more. I am sure there will be more chances at some really cool stuff.

What is the tagged size?

Hi, there is no tag size - this is one of the original made-to-order ones.

Waist is 34.5"

why are people dumping their roy's ?? DId i miss something again?? lol Even though roy's feel like they are becoming a bit of a boutique jean lately, I still have faith in roy and look forward to his future offerings. (assuming he will make more than 30 of them)

Not dumping them at all, more a very reluctant intention to sell - nothing wrong with Roy's.

Roy's are awesome!

Mine are just too short for me...

(lol at person who neg repped me for being in the Roy contest)

I am curious about the ordered size too.. My OG roy's were ordered as 36's.. so actual waist was 36" measured.. and currently, there is no offering at this size. (36" pre-soak) I haven't measured mine in a while.. but depending your size i am curious as to how they stretched out.

Any word whether Roy hopefully has soon forthcoming plans to make a trouser-pocket-production model; like the contest/world tour jeans? He alluded to as much in his interview re: contest; albeit less detailed (no BB, exposed rivets, etc.). Someone with an inside line to Roy?

His email address is [email protected], in my experience he's willing to answer most any reasonable question about his work. This whole thing is a fun experiment he's doing and he's just one man. I think if he does go ahead and slide these into production it will be a little bit yet, thats just my $ .o2. But I have very little in the way of any 'inside line' with Roy.

-rF

Lookin good. Who did you wrangle those from?

trigger pulled. Size 36. Fingers crossed.

I'll be sure to post Pop's Pants Pics when I give 'em to him in six months... get ready for the Mad Dad Fades!

Finally got to do the deed!

ROYs had been sitting in my brother's apartment for about six months - we finally gave them to Pops for Christmas:

As an introduction, made him watch the Self Edge video

IMG_0023.jpg

Bum bum bummmmm

IMG_0026.jpg

Mom discovers the embroidery

IMG_0027.jpg

Pre-soak fit

IMG_0029.jpg

Pops shows off the ROY

IMG_0032.jpg

Strut that shit, Pops!

IMG_0033.jpg

Post-soak father-son Roy vs. Roy pic. Pretty stoked with the fit!

IMG_0269.jpg

Went as well as I could have hoped. No idea how much he'll actually wear them, but he likes them, they look damn good and the fit is pretty much spot-on.