What are your jeans doing today?

ninetynine

Thanks all. Yep 00, that’s exactly what happened here, just with more annoying consequences (better an open circuit than a short any day, etc.)

All in all, could have been much much worse—had we gone straight back inside after turning the car off, the whole thing likely would have gone up, not to mention the possibility of it having happened while on the road

26 minutes ago, Double 0 Soul said:

Even the mighty Volvo is a pain in the flippin arse regarding wiring, ive replaced the wiring to the boot/tailgate twice since ive had my 240, it breaks where it passes throught the hinge with the constant flex as i/you open/close the boot.

Glad you're ok JW!

That's a classic in the 240. I've done it once too and I had it done by a mechanic/friend the last time, even added the third brake light (bleedin Volvo 240 nerd luxury haha). 

First time i did it was only because the number plate light was out... it was out when i bought it.. pfft! who needs number plate lights anyhow!?

The second time was more annoying where every time i pressed the brake pedal the 'bulb out' warning light came on, on the dash and went out when i released the brake, ah well only minor inconveniences in the life of a Volvo driver..

That's another classic. I did the same when I did that wire change myself. The mechanic fixed it. Something not done well with the ground cable but I can't really remember exactly what it was!

Combing through more photos…

Went for a day hike in Capitol Reef, a few weeks ago, while passing through on the way from Grand Escalante (above) to our final destination in Colorado. Ended up spending most of our time in one side canyon—picked mostly at random—that ended up being really lovely

First, the view back down into the main canyon, flat and cold. After a scramble up a few hundred feet of loose rock, the going got much easier, and the canyon flattened out into a long sea of sandstone

xRck9IT.jpg

9GYz9Wr.jpg

qZpZhMG.jpg

UEKLW5z.jpg

9b0ABj9.jpg

ObbpfTp.jpg

In the distance, the La Sal mountains, standing alone in the desert like a Southwestern incarnation of the Grand Tetons

rfYNJrh.jpg

Awesome pictures all together Julian! :blink2:

Not so active outdoors with the current weather but being active in our provisional kitchen. Making Swabian noodles (Spätzle) with cheese or how it is called here "Käsespätzle".

The dough is pretty simple as with most/all noodles. You just have to beat the crap out of it. There are some techniques and stuff how to get it into the hot water.

20210112_122625.thumb.jpg.babdee764f789a814b7e04a8359af7b4.jpg

We use this thing

20210112_122720.thumb.jpg.906c5cfd624600b8afa71538e0933764.jpg

Let the dough in the water for a few minutes until the noodles float to the top

20210112_122643.thumb.jpg.259934d1bea027ae4e41f072078e0606.jpg

Remove them and put them in a bowl.

20210106_130104.thumb.jpg.d771cd967e819fc7dc13a84367b637c2.jpg

Layer the noodles with different kinds of mountain cheese

20210112_123424.thumb.jpg.f7678affa2855eb5b865095c4cc56e31.jpg

And finally top it with some onions if you like

20210106_132317.thumb.jpg.79af0d4709d1d76dbefdf6da3d63dedf.jpg

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK

We like to vary. We usually combine at least 2 cheeses. Allgäuer is an excellent choice but since Switzerland is near and the Swiss mountain cheese is very good for, Greyerzer is also often part of our recipe. Sometimes we even use Romadur. My wife is not fond of too spicy cheese so I have to keep that in mind. You also get good muntain cheese from Vorarlberg.
This time we had some special mould cheese we bought in Munich at the Viktualienmarkt, unfortunately I don't remember its name so this might have been a one-time event ;)

edit: I remember! The cheese from Munich is a "Weißlacker"...I think :D

Edited by beautiful_FrEaK