What Are You Wearing Today (Denim Version)

inquire

Guest I LOVE LFC
ha, well done on the bet, Dan!

Tar mate.

I love LFC: I like your ink
btw, anyone has seen the champions league tonight...Atzec?

Thanks man. I watched champions league final last night, Militos goals were class. Just wish we had made CL for next season so we had a chance of Mourinho coming to save us!!!!!!

Well done on the bambino to fella.

thanks mate! no more olives now, just a bit of laphroaig, want some?

btw, anyone has seen the champions league tonight...Atzec? hahaha

and thanks, Paul your kid is amazing.

Laphroaig? I posted a review of the 10yr old on my blog.

http://oenophiliaandbacchanalia.blogspot.com/2010/05/laphroaig-10.html

Couldn't really get to grip with it, much prefer an old Talisker.

Congratulations Dude.....

Im off to find the whisky thread....

Laphroaig? I posted a review of the 10yr old on my blog.

http://oenophiliaandbacchanalia.blogspot.com/2010/05/laphroaig-10.html

Couldn't really get to grip with it, much prefer an old Talisker.

Congratulations Dude.....

Im off to find the whisky thread....

Talisker's OK, but... it's a Diageo brand, they now do their malting centrally in Glasgow, for all their brands, Caol Ila, Talisker, it's all done in the same place, then once the whisky's distilled, it usually goes off somewhere else to age .What's happened is a crime, on the level of Lev's moving most of their production to Mexico . But I did buy my best man a bottle of the 30 year old when I went to the distillery, which was amazing... I hope he hasn't finished the bottle without me.

Talisker's OK, but... it's a Diageo brand, they now do their malting centrally in Glasgow, for all their brands, Caol Ila, Talisker, it's all done in the same place, then once the whisky's distilled, it usually goes off somewhere else to age .What's happened is a crime, on the level of Lev's moving most of their production to Mexico . But I did buy my best man a bottle of the 30 year old when I went to the distillery, which was amazing... I hope he hasn't finished the bottle without me.

The 18yr old Talisker is nice and smooth and rich I've found, dont care much for the younger stuff, its nice but smokey peat with little complexity in comparison. I bet the 30 yr old is a treat!! Interesting note about the distillation - That go for Lagavulin too?

Interesting note about the distillation - That go for Lagavulin too?

Sadly, yes. You hear little of it elswehre bu it's abig issue in Scotland... even the Talisker employees I spoke to on the Isle of Skye were a little shame-faced. Diageo are't the only multinational on the business, but they seem to be by far the most cynical.

Quote from the Islay Blog:

As writer Andrew Jefford pointed out in his book 'Peat Smoke and Spirit' that: 'The vast majority of the whisky in every bottle of Lagavulin has been aged not on Islay, but on the Scottish mainland. Lagavulin and Caol Ila are the two big exceptions to the general principle that Islay whisky is aged on the island - and to the general belief that island-aging has a profound influence on the quality of the spirit.' To Diageo, these points are irrelevant. Why should it matter where Lagavulin is matured? Why should it matter that bottles of Cardhu are actually mostly filled with spirit from other distilleries? To Diageo, Smirnoff is just a brand - it does not necessarily mean vodka. Does the Diageo Board think the French, Spanish, American, Indian and Chinese markets care about the association of Johnnie Walker with Kilmarnock? In the world inhabited by the world’s largest drinks company, the word ‘Kilmarnock’ represents nothing but an unnecessary overhead.

anyway, enuff on alcohol (altho, really, is there ever enuff?)... LVC 1890s, gap 1969 anniversary chambray, Roy cotton duck carrier..

1890sandchambray.jpg

The jeans are my actual size, 32 32, despite that they're quite baggy, probably the most unflattering pants I own - the 1901 seem a much better shape. But they're nice thin denim (maybe 10oz not 9, I'll have to check) when I score some plain-looking sandals these will be my summer pants.

Looking good Roy!

Paul - that looks like the perfect, breezy, summer fit! :)

Today... Will post up later in the WAYJDT thread, when the day is done!

waywt1.jpg

waywt2.jpg

Whites, LVC47, SDA

• sufu1 unpinned this topic