Eternal Jeans

minya

Haha, naw I just meant it might be uncomfortable.

depends on your shape, the size of your junk

and how you wear them

if you have no beer gut and you tend to wear your jeans a little lower anyway, they are fine- pretty straight fit, you just can't pull them up to your actual waist (or your junk will suffer).

Personally my other denims are all mid/higher rise, and it's nice having a different cut to alternate.

think of a more 'regular' cut and just take off the top couple of buttons. when you sit down you don't have as much bunching in the Groinal Regions

Nice lookin jeans. I remember when I used to obsess over eternals when this all started for me.

yeah, they'll stretch

probably stretch back out to around raw measurement in the waist, maybe a little more...though honestly, I've never worn eternals, so this is based on experience with other similar weight denim.

ignore this completely if you get a conflicting answer from someone else.

Yes, they will stretch a good bit. But, the amount they stretch depends on how much pressure is applied in the waist area (how tight are they to start out with). You'll be fine going true to size even on the one wash version. If you go true to size, they will stretch to be quite comfortable in the waist with just a couple of hours of initial wear, and will stretch further after that. I would expect them to stretch to tagged size +1, or maybe just a bit more.

Also, the amount denim stretches does not necessarily have to do with the weight, but with the weave, construction and most of all the wearer.

Naturally, they'll stretch an inch at most. My one-wash 31's still measure less than 32", even after about a week's wear. I also got the one-wash in 32 for my brother, but had to stretch out the waist with a spreader clamp to get it past 32.5".

The raw version may be more forgiving, but the one-wash version brings the pain.

They haven't hit their stretch limit in a week's wear. Expect them to stretch that much, an inch initially, then some more after that - I would say about a half an inch or so, possibly a bit more. But, as I said, it really depends on the wearer and how tight they are to start.

I should have clarified that I bought the 31's with 5 months wear on them already by the previous owner. I have only put about a week's worth of wear on them, but I'm sure they had already stretched some from the previous owner's wear.

And for reference, my other pairs of raw denim stretched to their limit within a week's wear.